ACP

Tell us why you joined, get 100 free reputation points

1 minute ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Join the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/jNNPKU link(http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/profile/116708-kimjongunderballs/) your profile to get verified and tag @Current format to find current players, @Goat Format to find Goat players, or @Legacy Formats to find players wanting to play other older formats. Also, side note we mostly play on https://www.duelingbook.com

Thanks! See you there!

30 minutes ago, Carbon said:

kim jong un is a piece of shit 

Uh, okay? I agree. I don't see what is wrong with making fun of him though.

• Upvote 1
  • Pride 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2017 at 8:25 PM, BuildTheWalia said:

Am I established? Also give something else besides rep, rep is meant to be earned though gang-related murder

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

siwski    113

I found out about DGz from Googling goat-related topic and I'm here mainly for goats :)

• Thanks 1

BudgetedGamer    103

I joined only because I used to play yugioh long time ago but I currently I would be more interested in reading about other players experiences and watching them play the game instead. The last time I remembered playing with the actual cards themselves was sometime back in 2008 maybe 2009, can't remember exactly. Everything after that is mostly from electronic and digital or online formats, but I had more or less stopped after 2014.

So if anyone wants me to watch their duels, and typically I would watch players duel over at Dueling Book, please let me know?

I'm also looking for former yugioh players that had played the game and then stopped playing it for whatever reason, and see if they have any recommendations or ideas on what else is new or more interesting. Or if anybody ever thought about quitting or is planning to quit I'd also be interested how come they decide to quit now? Is it because of the costs and expenses to keep up with the game? Or could there be any other reasons?

+Urthor    10221

Just did Siwski and Budgeted, if anyone else has been unfairly deprived of their deserved 100 rep points please tell me and I'll boost you.

Generally speaking I quit YGO because I was sick of the TCG grind, I wouldn't go to any other TCG except one that is dramatically different from YGO like Gwent or DBZ tbh.  Just had enough of 50/50 card games in general and the DN grind, by the end I loved building decks, esp side decks, because years of practice at that point but I wasn't playing them out.  

Gwent is good, avoid Cancerstone.  

aurirevoir    2868

Quit YGO because I wasn't enjoying the way games played out and the limitations that "archetypes" presented in deckbuilding.  A lot of games felt like both players were just whipping their dicks out with Konami's preconstructed decks and seeing who won.  I've been playing Magic for 7 years and have had a good time.  Haven't tried MTG Arena but I've been hearing favorable reviews for it.  Give it a try.

Don't start playing Hearthstone in 2018.  If you got in early (2014-15) and have access to everything the game is passable, but it's not worth spending your money on now and the f2p experience is beyond miserable.

• Upvote 1

BudgetedGamer    103
20 hours ago, Urthor said:

Just did Siwski and Budgeted, if anyone else has been unfairly deprived of their deserved 100 rep points please tell me and I'll boost you.

Generally speaking I quit YGO because I was sick of the TCG grind, I wouldn't go to any other TCG except one that is dramatically different from YGO like Gwent or DBZ tbh.  Just had enough of 50/50 card games in general and the DN grind, by the end I loved building decks, esp side decks, because years of practice at that point but I wasn't playing them out.  

Gwent is good, avoid Cancerstone.  

By any chance, is Gwent a Living Card Game or Deck Building Game?

I more or less am trying to move on and away from TCGs and CCGs because well obviously like my username says I would be more favorable of budget friendlier alternatives. I've also had my fair share of bad experiences with yugioh myself. I just wished Konami would be more flexible and develop and implement multiple formats or come out with a format that would change the pacing of the game back to the days when it still felt like a duel instead of how now it feels more like a form of solitaire happening at lightning or turbo speed. That way it won't simply just a be a one and only format that is available where the majority of players would always play, even when playing casually outside of tournaments. But until i see something interesting enough for me to actually play it again I would rather just watch others play for the time being and play other games.

Most CCGs and TCGs require significant investment in order for players to be able to keep up to even have a chance, especially if you are trying to stay competitive with majority of players that play those games. Sometimes they just have ridiculous powercreep. And then typically they always have some really uber broken and overpowered cards that are very expensive because they are scarce and rare and would quickly run up the bill if one is trying to keep up with them. Clearly they are or sometimes become a rich person's game which is also why I'm looking to try and play non-TCGs and non-CCGs.

Although it may not always be the case where every CCG or TCG is a richer person's game I think most of them probably would be designed in a way that give those that can invest the most money and time into it most of the advantage.  Some CCGs or TCGs might hardly even require players to get much or any rare or really rare cards in the game to have a chance to win and be competitive.

6 hours ago, aurirevoir said:

Quit YGO because I wasn't enjoying the way games played out and the limitations that "archetypes" presented in deckbuilding.  A lot of games felt like both players were just whipping their dicks out with Konami's preconstructed decks and seeing who won.  I've been playing Magic for 7 years and have had a good time.  Haven't tried MTG Arena but I've been hearing favorable reviews for it.  Give it a try.

Don't start playing Hearthstone in 2018.  If you got in early (2014-15) and have access to everything the game is passable, but it's not worth spending your money on now and the f2p experience is beyond miserable.

I was never all too interested in Hearthstone, although I do have to say I prefer electronic and digital format somewhat over physical format due to convenience. But I'm definitely not favorable towards the idea that there would be many microtransactions required in order to stay competitive and keep up with the game either.

Although I suppose players can keep playing to try and earn new and better cards in their profile.

This is one of the things that I saw on youtube that had completely deterred me from returning to play yugioh:

As you can see from this video as an example the pacing of this game is just way too fast now. Way more faster compared to when I last remember playing the game back in 2007 through 2009. Now it feel like a form of solitaire; solitaire at turbo speed.

Just for the record, I didn't make this video, somebody else had, it's just an example, maybe other players' experience might be different than this and their experiences aren't always like this, I honestly don't know.

I just don't find that to be something fun to play, regardless if I was the player that won like that or the poor player that got crushed. Although somehow I thought it's funny to watch.

Edited by BudgetedGamer
  • Haha 1

+Urthor    10221

The best way to play budget TCGs is to build a MTG or Yugioh cube, but yeah card games are literally just a money sink avoid at all costs because MTG business model is aids.  Just play Assassin's creed or Red dead redemption.

BudgetedGamer    103
1 hour ago, Urthor said:

The best way to play budget TCGs is to build a MTG or Yugioh cube, but yeah card games are literally just a money sink avoid at all costs because MTG business model is aids.  Just play Assassin's creed or Red dead redemption.

Or just stick with only the starter decks and structure decks. That's the least broken form those games would be in and would be more playable with a more limited card pool.

It's just too bad back in the day when I look for casual players to play with locally, majority of them attend local tournaments so almost always they only have a deck made specifically for tournaments and games tend to end quickly for me. I could have just gave up then, but I decided I'll take my chances and try to keep up. It wasn't a good idea at all in the end when I could have invested the money and tried other games instead.

I'd probably wouldn't be willing to invest heavily into magic either, although I've heard there's much more flexibility there and a variety of formats one can play for different skill levels, etc. Think they had released stuff like structure decks before too and I heard they were really good for newbies that want to give the game a chance without breaking the bank.

Never mind, I meant "Theme Decks" for Magic the Gathering, I heard those are really good for newbies on a limited budget.

More bang for your buck basically. Never liked the idea of paying more for less anyway.

I'm also looking into the re-launched VS. System known as 2PCG, which I believe is essentially a "LCG" edition of the game. No more randomized distribution and very rare and expensive cards to look for and to maintain and keep at a competitive level. Don't know if you ever seen or heard of them before.

I even saw UDE release two 2PCG decks that aren't even for Marvel Characters, rather instead it's for two science fiction franchises, Alien and Predator. I'm not that big of a fan of Marvel stuff, but if they are legit about no randomized distribution of cards that seems more budget friendly already. And the Alien and Predator idea as card games, I never thought that would be possible for that to end up in VS System, so that surprised me. Typically I think one of those 2PCG deck packs or core sets cost around or between $25 to $30 USD.

Actually, they cost less than $20 USD on average, seems to be much more affordable and something worth looking into, in particularly for anybody that is interested in Marvel characters, still no word if DC characters would be re-added back eventually, maybe it will happen, maybe it won't happen, only time will tell:
ude2pcgs.png

Edited by BudgetedGamer

I joined to shitpost in a thread about a guy who got banned from the discord I own by my mods, because apparently the guy diddles children or something. Very poor form from that guy, solid 0/10.