ACP

Want to be on staff? Read here

+ACP+    33975

As of now, there are 4 staff groups that you can apply for: Yugioh Moderoid, Media Moderoid, Mafia Moderoid, and Ancient Moderoid. If you want to be on staff, please read the description of each group below. If there is one that you think you would be a good fit for, send me a PM with the title "Application: ___ Moderoid" and fill in the blank with the name of the group that you're applying for. In the message body, explain the contributions that you intend to make if you are given the position; be specific. The more that it seems like you are motivated to make significant and tangible contributions to the site, the more likely that you are to be given that position. Cite any credentials or prior experience that you think would prove helpful going into the position. 

You might ask, what benefits are there to being a staff member? As of recently, there are several.

1. Freedom to advertise your social media accounts, youtube channel, local game store, etc. Those who are not members of staff are not allowed to do this.

2. The best mods will literally be paid money. Each month, there is a contest in which the mod who made the most contributions to the site will be awarded $20 (with a runner-up receiving $5).

3. Ability to participate in decisions that have the ability to profoundly affect the future of the site.

Yugioh Mods (Satchmo’s group)

There are two main goals are this position: increasing Yugioh forums discussion and increasing warring activity. A Yugioh mod may be involved in one or both of these.

As of writing, much of our Yugioh discussion happens on discord, where it is often forgotten about within hours. Much of your job will be to encourage people to take some of these discussions to the forums so that they can be discussed more in depth. You can even start these threads yourself. For example: You see many people in #yugioh-discussions taking about how the meta will change after a banlist. You then start a thread in Yugioh Theory and Philosophy titled “Meta After New Banlist?” so that people can discuss it on the forums as well. Also, make sure that Deck Discussions are up to date with whatever the relevant meta decks are.

For warring, you largely need to let people know that it exists and encourage people to join. This can be done on discord and related forums. In addition, I expect you to facilitate the creation of free agent teams. That means that if there are a bunch of free agents that need a team and you are currently leading a team, you take one of members on the team that you leading, promote them to leader, leave your team, and then start a free agent team. Bettering DuelistGroundz is your #1 goal, not getting your team into playoffs.

In addition, you’re expected to be somewhat familiar with LackeyDGZ (to the point that you could teach someone else how to use it) and to let Satchmo know when there is a new set coming up that needs to be added to LackeyDGZ.

Media Mods (MMF’s group)

You’re essentially expected to be the driving force that actually gets people to join DGZ and keeps them interested in the cool things that we have to offer. Half of your job is just clicking “promote” on cool threads which will automatically post them to facebook. You can also post memes and stuff on facebook; people like that shit. In addition, we have a DuelistGroundz DuelingBook account which is a useful tool to get the attention of Yugioh players. About once a day, I’d like to to post a message there letting them know what we’re all about and giving them a reason to join our forums. In addition, please post on other forums, reddit, etc. and encourage them to come to DuelistGroundz.

Your other job is to stream and create content that will hopefully draw people to DuelistGroundz. Feel free to get as creative as you would like, but some basic ideas are streaming war games/tournament games, doing a weekly podcast, doing player interviews, or deck profiles, etc. For streaming, I’d like you to stream to our facebook page rather than our twitch page, as it has roughly 4x the number of followers and thus reaches a larger number of people. I can teach you how to stream on facebook if you’d like. After the stream is over, let me know and I’ll migrate it to our Youtube page (LackeyDGZ) where people can watch it later. I don’t expect all Media Mods to necessarily know too much about Yugioh, so feel free to invite other commentators on to the stream that might do better at that sort of thing.

Mafia Mods (Logic's group)

Your job is probably the most straightforward of the mod groups, although its still very important. Make sure that the number of mafia games is enough to meet the demand for mafia. Make sure that people are enjoying mafia and there aren’t any major shitstorms.

You should be trying to get as many people to play mafia as possible (as you often like to do). Whenever you start a new signup thread, promote it to our facebook page using the “promote” button. Also, post in #announcements on discord so that people don’t miss the signups. Feel free to advertise our mafia games on other sites if allowed to do so.

Ancient Mods (Urthor's group)

This group is intended to fill in the gaps, as the entire site is not Yugioh, Advertising, or Mafia. Those in this group should let me know how they intend to make use of their role (i.e. which forums you expect to watch over and how you intend to improve them).

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ACP said:

Media Mods (MMF’s group)

You’re essentially expected to be the driving force that actually gets people to join DGZ and keeps them interested in the cool things that we have to offer. Half of your job is just clicking “promote” on cool threads which will automatically post them to facebook. You can also post memes and stuff on facebook; people like that shit. In addition, we have a DuelistGroundz DuelingBook account which is a useful tool to get the attention of Yugioh players. About once a day, I’d like to to post a message there letting them know what we’re all about and giving them a reason to join our forums. In addition, please post on other forums, reddit, etc. and encourage them to come to DuelistGroundz.

Your other job is to stream and create content that will hopefully draw people to DuelistGroundz. Feel free to get as creative as you would like, but some basic ideas are streaming war games/tournament games, doing a weekly podcast, doing player interviews, or deck profiles, etc. For streaming, I’d like you to stream to our facebook page rather than our twitch page, as it has roughly 4x the number of followers and thus reaches a larger number of people. I can teach you how to stream on facebook if you’d like. After the stream is over, let me know and I’ll migrate it to our Youtube page (LackeyDGZ) where people can watch it later. I don’t expect all Media Mods to necessarily know too much about Yugioh, so feel free to invite other commentators on to the stream that might do better at that sort of thing.

so youre saying theres a chance of me getting paid for making a dgz meme content channel

because that right there is called incentive

Edited by BuildTheWalia
  • Thanks 1

+ACP+    33975

Yeah if you're really good at making memes and they bring a shit ton of people to DGZ, you absolutely will get paid for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 3

I can bring people to Dgz for many reasons, the real question is, is the lowered quality of member something dgz can agree to taking in?

Incentive to be staff is unique to say the least, but yea if I had more time available I could definitely help out.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3001
1 minute ago, Death Sentence said:

I can bring people to Dgz for many reasons, the real question is, is the lowered quality of member something dgz can agree to taking in?

Incentive to be staff is unique to say the least, but yea if I had more time available I could definitely help out.

Yes, we can handle it, the idea is that anyone can come to improve here, no one started out perfect 

+JC.    4808
Just now, mark said:

no one started out perfect 

speak 4 urself m8

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

+ACP+    33975
3 hours ago, Death Sentence said:

You have the wrong impression of 2017-era DGZ. Some of us may be assholes, but denying access to the site to other potential members solely on the basis of some subjective metric of them "not being good enough" is the pinnacle of pretentiousness, and how we got to the point where we are lacking Yugioh players in the first place.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2017 at 2:19 PM, mark said:

Yes, we can handle it, the idea is that anyone can come to improve here, no one started out perfect 

I started out perfect. Love me mark