Sign in to follow this  
mark

Cyber Angel Discussion

+mark    3002
7 minutes ago, Silver said:

You should be exchanging those gems for packs(|:|)

That's a bad strategy

+mark    3002

I'm saving gems for KC cup, I actually had 9k then spend them all on senjus because I think I can get that again pretty easily. Lots of events and characters / stages to level up and what not. 

+mark    3002
6 hours ago, knives1990 said:

I keep mine as well apart from grabbing the 3rd senju, but why do we need gems for KC cup?

For example if they release a new set just before then that has sick cards you want to be able to buy them. Also if the "best deck" requires cards from a certain pack you want to have the opportunity to still buy those. It doesn't have to be KC cup but in general I think saving gems and spending them before events  is the best strategy to do well at them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Faint    5590

I have soooooo many characters I need to level up. Like my only ones maxed out are Yami Yugi, Mai & Rex.

I also just realized I haven't got Lab Builder skill so gonna farm for that this evening with elements unite lol.

My alexis is like level 34 so I've still got a fair amount to go before I can realistically get to 38 and play CA (need the 2nd small monster from her rewards) but i expect ill get that over the weekend.

@mark in your opinion, once I FINALLY get my senju, is it worth just saving gems or spending them constantly till i get 3?

EDIT: NEVER MIND WE'RE GETTING DMOC FUCK FUCK FUCK

http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/787m178c

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

3rd Senju is worth it but that doesn't change the fact that you can save gems and make a better decision later on

you need to spend just so many gems that you can make kog this season and that you invested it in cards that you think will stay good for a while 

I did dig for my 3rd senju but mainly cause I know I can get a lot of gems quickly (I play daily, have 20k keys I can farm away, lots of characters / stage missions to level up etc) - but it was still bad from me actually (imagine if they release broken cards that require you to buy the box 3x + to buy an older box 3x for support, then I'm fucked)

dmoc may be good or broken but I'll have to see first, not worth rusting your gems on ASAP upon release (like I did with Treeborn Frog, that was a mistake)

+mark    3002

Spending gems in this game is like playing yugioh; you get punished for making reckless decisions and being unpatient all the time 

Inti    78

Supposedly this might be in the box set if not it will probably be a updated Alexis reward card.

Cyber Tutubon

Lv5/EARTH/Warrior/Effect

ATK 1800/DEF 1600

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 Warrior or Fairy-Type monster from your hand or field. If this card is Tributed for a Ritual Summon: You can target 1 Ritual Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

+mark    3002
1 hour ago, knives1990 said:

Legend 3 Mirror match, guy Magic Drain'd be into oblivion. May have to try that one out

It's good, same for type 8 and maybe cursed seal 

knives1990    283

I think magic drain can edge those out in a mirror match, mainly because you may not want to or have a discard. In a balance deck negating the one spell can outright win right there

speaking of the mirror match, going first is so much worse than I anticipated. I wonder how we could combat this. The only thing that comes to mind is 10/5/5 balance instead of more monsters, but then you're diluting your deck with excess traps and giving yourself a harder time to combo off in the first place

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002
38 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

I think magic drain can edge those out in a mirror match, mainly because you may not want to or have a discard. In a balance deck negating the one spell can outright win right there

speaking of the mirror match, going first is so much worse than I anticipated. I wonder how we could combat this. The only thing that comes to mind is 10/5/5 balance instead of more monsters, but then you're diluting your deck with excess traps and giving yourself a harder time to combo off in the first place

E-Con works. Despite what I said earlier, I'm kind of trying out 1-2 E-Con in Balance builds (but still with 5 Ritual spells). Basically everytime you draw E-Con you have to draw Sonic Bird or Petit or another Ritual Spell, which isn't entirely unlikely. Sure it's less consistent, but E-Con is really good, and Balance with e-con is still better than Restart imo. 

Type 8 is mainly to counter E-Con with the bonus of being able to counter a ritual spell sometimes (So a better Riryoku Field basically).

Cursed Seal can be auto-win, the idea is that going first you can Idaten/Dakini/Bird for a 2nd ritual spell pretty easily but I have to get it first and test it etc, seems like the highest risk highest reward.

Magic Drain is definitely very good. It sucks to hit a ritual if they have a 2nd, but in pretty much any other scenario it's useful.

Another decent card is Floodgate. Sure they get Dakini's eff, can stall behind it, and use it as tribute fodder, but if they can't bring out a 2nd Dakini (which is hard without the EP Dakini eff), you can really lock them out of the game. 

So I don't have Cursed Seal yet, and don't have Magic Drain / Floodgate either so can't test them. 

I think you still want to play 12-13 monsters tbh although 10/5/5 isn't terrible, I can imagine you're going to draw into dead traps etc. Going second is still fine btw, traps are still good there and you get the extra card. Only problem there is getting E-Con'd on Dakini or getting locked out by ritual spell negation (which is the reason I like those going first, obviously). 

+mark    3002

10/5/5 may be solid for budget players though who only have like 0-1Bird 0-1 Senju or something (assuming they have the traps, but you can farm for cursed seal and level up for type 8. also 11/5/4 shouldn't be ruled out). 

knives1990    283

I'm only lvl 30 on Alexis and I imagine it'll take another week of playing at the rate that I do, but once I hit kog I will probably focus more on leveling her. Right now I spend like 2 hrs a day split between leveling and pvp.

going first I think is the biggest problem for the deck as you just get otked in the mirror. While it was said before that sphere kuriboh isn't good as you could draw multiples off balance, it still might be worth it just to run 15 mons with 2-3 of it in there to double as still running a lot of monsters to open with 3, and having the needed defense. Plus when I go first I usually just summon a searcher and pass anyways

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    59

So I am slowly climbing, Legend 3 last night. I am digging a one of sphere kuriboh, it has saved my ass many times. Everyone tries to econ take your monster and steal games so this helps with that. And MOTHERFUCKING Amazoness Swordswoman. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002
29 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

So I am slowly climbing, Legend 3 last night. I am digging a one of sphere kuriboh, it has saved my ass many times. Everyone tries to econ take your monster and steal games so this helps with that. And MOTHERFUCKING Amazoness Swordswoman. 

Is it better than Windstorm or Curse of Anubis though?

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

Bonus points if they see it's a chainable so they play around E-Con maybe even Mirror Wall now :) 

Zeppelin    59
8 minutes ago, mark said:

Is it better than Windstorm or Curse of Anubis though?

I think the thing I like most about sphere kuriboh is the opponent will overextend if they don't see any set spell/traps. This usually results in a big Dakini follow up play.