mark    3105
10 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

Does balance work with that list?

It'll give 1 guaranteed per 5 you play, and the rest is decided by chance 

in this build, 13 monsters 7 spells, that means: 

2 monsters guaranteed 

1 spell guaranteed 

last spot has a 2/5 chance or being a spell, 3/5th of a monster 

now if you mean if it "works", depends how you look at it. On one hand, no you can draw E-Con 3 monsters no Bird/petit (or, not wanting to have to petit for a ritual) to brick. Or 2 ritual (esp with Bird). Or even 2 e-con. But on the other hand, e-con is extemely busted, and every time you draw econ there's a chance to draw another ritual spell or Bird or petit so you won't brick too often. I'm undecided on it, if you play 2 Sonic Bird it works a bit better obviously. I do think balance econs is still better than restart econs simply because of how good balance is 

in this specifically I hate Sphere Kuriboh since you can open Sphere + econ or even Sphere + 2 spells. which is terrible. I'd rather have a trap (you can never open trap + 2 spells, since you're guaranteed 2 monsters). That's another thing about Sphere Kuriboh that I don't like, sure it'll only matter once in a while, but every bits count (and I don't think the upside is relevant, as compared to setting Windstorm and bluffing e-con so they wont use dakinis eff etc) 

mark    3105

It's definitely way better to take dakini and kill it, as well as OTK shots

the question is, is that worth playing a non-ritual spell in your deck with balance 

also i think the spell negation traps (type 8, magic drain, cursed seal) may be better than Windstorm / curse as well now tbh 

Inti    79

Machine Angel Ritual is going to be limited on November 6th. Me and MatthewT10 discussed usage of 3 Absolute and maybe  1-1 Vennu line up.

mark    3105

I think this is where we use 3 Sonic Bird 3 Senju with 2 E-Cons and Restart (Aka this is where we cry)

3 Absolute is pretty much staple now I think, it was already decent beforehand

mark    3105

Restart

3 Benten

1 Idaten

3 Dakini

3 Senju

3 Bird

2 Petit

1 Angel Ritual

3 Absolute

2 E-Con

something like this

Just so you guys know, Shared Ride works pretty well AGAINST Cyber Angels.  If you expect to face them a lot, use it if you can find space.  It seems most of the CA players I've encountered just kept searching and trying to strengthen their position, not realizing that they were helping me fortify my defenses in the process.  There was ONE guy who didn't do that, and I lost to him.

If you play CA, Shared Ride is basically the Maxx "C" Challenge.  Don't take it if you aren't 100% on winning THAT turn.  It's not worth it.

mark    3105

I’m at this or Restart 

I think 2 Sonic Bird is optimal post ban but only have 1 and not going to dig for it now either

CA being tier 1 but not tier 0 means you can afford to play less vs the mirror and more vs REZ / backrow decks (econ disruption floodgate) / d draw burn 

nobleman extermination is key here (with mind scan you know what to snipe - without it you need to play more careful vs multiple backrows, have to test it)

A9499DDD-4848-4506-A8F7-67DA87E2852B.png

• Upvote 1

mark    3105

AMA is a good replacement for nobleman also (esp with restart) and it’s a ranked ticket reward card 

• Upvote 1

mark    3105

I think this deck is a good way to learn how to play around backrows, and I think it may be pretty good post-banlist as well. Sure mind scan and extermination and anti-magic arrows are good vs all the backrow decks, but they also teach you bad habbits. You can play around e-con by leaving monsters in defense and not using the effect unless you have a 2nd dakini that turn, or already on the field. You can play around wall of disruption by leaving 1 dakini in defense and attacking with the other. You can play around mirror wall by not attacking. This may seem weird, but you will +1 off Dakini in the EP every turn, and the moment you get acces to your 2nd, you can start using the effect to clear monsters. Then you’ll get 2 EP dakini effects per turn, and once you cleared all monsters you can attack and play around disruption by leaving one in defense. The idea is that you always need 1 dakini to not die and to generate advantage, but any additional copies can be used to trade for their backrows. You can keep looping them anyway because you can keep adding stuff back in the end phase. E-con is there to make you not die because you’re going to play less aggressively and be more vulnerable to their e-con take OTK shots, to make you own e-con take OTK shots, and to just have an edge in the mirror, while the standbye skill makes sure you have more plays per turn, and while it’s meaningless in the mirror, if you play correctly vs backrow deck, both players having more cards should favor you since your engine is better. 

Need to test it more to see if I actually think it’s “enough” and if mind scan / extermination or even anti-magic arrows aren’t needed anyway, but bricking with mind scan is really bad and probably not worth it vs most of the field. 

EB498E70-8CBE-480E-865E-E159977A32D6.png

• Upvote 2

mark    3105

2 sonic 2 senju may be better post ban (or 1 Sonic 2 senju should be fine) but I happen to have 1 Sonic 3 senju, so that’s what I use. Senju is definitely still better than Sonic Bird though 

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    57

Mark, 

I agree with most of what you said the only thing I would stress is the only ritual you can loop is Machine Angel Ritual and not Absolute (also can't be searched by petite). I think that is why mind scan is so valuable, It lets you win quick. It also lets you see if you can afford not to force the econ by Dakini's effect and just force it through battle, or if they have a econ and a WoD or Mirror wall you are pretty much forced to activate Dakini's effect anyway. 

I have noticed that if you try to sit on the Dakini, you need a follow up next turn for that to be a viable option, if not a econ take Dakini play will surely happen and this deck still plays no protection.  

my 2 cents 

mark    3105

You may be right. The idea is that your econ makes econ take OTK attempts a bad play for them. I think sitting on dakini is often fine and you can sit on 2 monsters in defense especially with an e-con down, but it heavily depends on the matchup. Just an idea I want to try out rather than saying this build is correct or anything. With mind scan you’ll lose games to bricks or you’ll see econ and still have to pass and lose; by that logic you may as well just always play into econ. (I wouldn’t do that, which shows why I think that’s false). You basically only stop a topdeck econ cause if they have econ take you couldnt dakini anyway. 

mark    3105

What build would you recommend? 

dexer008    805

Balance or Restart will probably be the best skill for this deck moving forward still. Balance seems like it will now always give you a spell/ monster and trap if I am reading it correctly, as by now not looking at card numbers in your deck to determine what you get then possibly makes it now no different to using no skill and relying on rng. 

Another weird build I vsed while in the ladder and actually gave me a bit of trouble was Fairies Smile Cyber Angels, the extra life gave my opponent ample amount of extra turns to them, and combined it with draining shield, which really sucked cause was not expecting that in CA lol. Doesn't play around common meta trends such as electro and anti-spell arrows, but it does give the deck more defense. 

With the ritual searchers , I think you should cut them down to 4. 6 normal summons in a deck s fine, but it can lead to hands where you open 2 quite often, and that extra card can be dead for the turn. In which case it might be better put to use as a defensive card, to make sure you get to the next turn. In this case then petit is mandatory as the 2 of, and 1 of each sonic and senju seems more balanced, but 2 senju is also good to use with the absolute. 

Edited by dexer008

mark    3105

I think the balance nerf is non-existent if that’s true, since the deck doesn’t have to play traps anyway, however angel ritual being limited may make balance more awkward since you now have only 4 spells. Balance could very well still be the best skill for people who own 2/3 bird and 2/3 senju though if that’s true. 

• Upvote 1

mark    3105

CA Saffira may be the nuts 

• Upvote 1

mark    3105

Currently Legend 3, mostly winning vs anything that isn’t the mirror or Horus

Playing old banlist cause fuck it, 5 ritual spells so I’m guaranteed to open 1 and cursed seals can auto-win vs CA or e-con plays. Ideally you make a MAR play into dakini, set cursed, add mar back. It’s a high risk high reward card. (E-Con is better but it’s still a spell, I guess if you have 2 Sonic bird you could play 2 E-Con 2 Bird) 

Winning most games vs burn as well even though that shouldn’t be happening in the match-up, I assume most people are just on suboptimal versions of it

6AFEEC36-C907-45EB-8B6A-F1B8F60E372D.png

Faint    5841

I'm gonna just do the pvp all in one go and hit plat / legend tonight. Restart is the best skill for CA imo

mark    3105
6 hours ago, Faint said:

I'm gonna just do the pvp all in one go and hit plat / legend tonight. Restart is the best skill for CA imo

Just made KoG with it pretty easily, this build just destroys the mirror while still being good vs anything else (although obviously not as good as mind scan extermination vs backrow decks: it requires good technical play to win vs them but is still possible even vs burn)

I’ll note that for people who don’t have 3 Senju, just throwing in Bird and/or a trap or 2 could be the way to go

Vs the mirror I didnt always play around econ since you often cant afford to / esp mind scan prob doesn’t play it. Usually you try to eventually make a idaten-boosted dakini with MAR in grave + another monster +e-con down, or just try to kill them 

vs backrow decks (read: any non-CA) I pretty much always played around econ/mwall/disruption (unless for example if I’m dead to a econ take play no matter what I do, then I play into it) and I think that approach is correct and gives the highest winrate by far. Burn is the exception since you sometimes have to play very aggressively or passively, that matchup is just an art and I havent mastered it yet, but in general I try to play passively and just poke with 1 small guy a turn (not trigger ddraw, make their lava golem / amazones swords woman live) until I feel like I can make a big push (esp when I have econ down for amazoness) - but sometimes they’re just going to kill you if you wait too long and you need to go all out and just hope they don’t have it 

Ancient gears or any deck that isn’t CA, Horus, REZ, burn has been auto-wins. If Horus gets out LV8 you just lose. REZ is winnable with the playing around backrow strategy but here you have to always watch out for e-con take / metalmorph otk’s as well as REZ + beatdown running over your dakini’s, I think the best strategy is to boost your dakini with idaten and playing around everything until your dakini is big enough that you can attack into mwall/disruption and not care (or, till you can summon a 2nd and use eff and make trades for their backrows). Despite this “working” since your deck has the better grind game, you may still lose a few times due to random OTK’s or just drawing shit etc. 

A586658B-7880-4FEE-9788-B5BBAF573C28.png

14C81E47-09BB-465E-A032-84063337A0EA.png

mark    3105

I plan to rewrite this for post-nerf

Faint    5841

Yeah. I just hit legend 1 so gonna go for KoG tonight post-nerf

I still think they're the best deck

mark    3105

The tag doesn’t lie

(real talk I have no idea how good this deck will be post nerf as far as the “best deck” goes - but I plan on using it for KC cup anyway since it’s good vs bad decks and insanely fast, which means you can get more wins in / day)

knives1990    262

So far I’m just running train in legend but once I hit the higher tiers in legend I expect things to be more difficult. Running balance with 6 ritual spells (3 absolute, 2 generic light, 1 machine) and saffira. No idea how Balance works now even after reading Paraliel’s analysis