Sign in to follow this  
mark

Cyber Angel Discussion

Faint    5619
52 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

So far I’m just running train in legend but once I hit the higher tiers in legend I expect things to be more difficult. Running balance with 6 ritual spells (3 absolute, 2 generic light, 1 machine) and saffira. No idea how Balance works now even after reading Paraliel’s analysis

it makes no difference where you are in legend, you play vs the same players - tiers dont make a difference

like i got to legend by playing basically all my matchs vs plat 1 or plat 2, even when i was plat 5 lol

knives1990    262

Honestly haven’t played enough games where I saw her to give me a good idea yet, but basically she’s another power card like dakini for your opponent to worry about. Being level 6 works out on a lot of levels for the deck and by drawing her you actually have strong plays before a dakini drop

mark    3104
3 hours ago, knives1990 said:

Honestly haven’t played enough games where I saw her to give me a good idea yet, but basically she’s another power card like dakini for your opponent to worry about. Being level 6 works out on a lot of levels for the deck and by drawing her you actually have strong plays before a dakini drop

What list are you using?

Personally I was thinking, as an “ideal build”: 

Restart 

2 Saffira 

3 Senju

2 Dakini

3 Benten

1 Idaten

1-2 Sonic Bird

1 Petit Angel

1 Enemy Controller 

2-3 Sprite Blessing (if GB becomes big: 1 Hymn)

2 MAAR

1 MAR

Basically I wouldn’t want to draw mismatching opening hands so it makes sense to play at least 4 saffira’s and 4 ritual spells. Sprite’s Blessing is the least powerful spell but also the only generic one. You want to open Saffira which is why i cut dakini/petit, but you still need the 1 searchable petit and the 2 dakini’s to loop each other. I think this build is about as consistent as it gets. 

Im currently undecided yet on whether or not I want to dig for Saffira’s to make this deck (or for the 2nd Sonic Bird for that matter). I only goldfished hands and tested games vs GB but I haven’t tested vs the top decks (REZ, pure CA, Ninja, control etc.) yet at all 

Also which effect of Saffira do you use most? I personally think, while all 3 are busted as fuck, you’d want to use draw 2 the most to get your engine going, but when you’re already ahead you would use discard 1 to put additional pressure on your opponent (it’s pretty huge considering you start with a 4-card hand)

• Upvote 2

mark    3104
11 hours ago, Faint said:

it makes no difference where you are in legend, you play vs the same players - tiers dont make a difference

like i got to legend by playing basically all my matchs vs plat 1 or plat 2, even when i was plat 5 lol

This is true, although legend has been very soft lately if you ask me 

knives1990    262

My list atm is

3 dakini

3 benten 

3 senju

2 petit

1 saffira

1 sonic

1 idaten

3 absolute

2 sprite

1 machine

basically I just took out my 2 traps from Last format and put in a 2nd sprite and saffira. There wasn’t much thought into it. I’ll play on and off tonight while at work to figure out what I want to change but I like your build at first glance mark

mark    3104

it hasn't been testing as well as I'd like though, and a single GB gets over 2 monsters. Hymn solves it but would make the consistency worse. maybe over 20 and 3 senju 3 sonic 2 petit is the solution so you can search the pieces you need (although then I'd have to get 2 more bird lol). 

I'm kind of lost rn actually: saffira should improve the consistency but I just keep drawing mismatching hands (assuming mind scan. it's better with restart or standbye but that has different problems)

mark    3104

I like your list, since it's just CA with a teched saffira, which is a blank lv6 at worst

new balance = play 6+ of a type to open 1+ 

Shadow Lord    268

I played Mind Scan CA got from legend 1 to KoG. My list was pretty standard (mostly) budget CA, mostly faced AGs, Ninja and Weevil Burn. Lost to Mako Shark (my only hard brick, didn't draw a ritual spell before I got swarmed to death) and control Ninja (lost to a top decked econ take on my Dakini). I faced 2 mirrors and basically otk'd both.

My list:

Skill: Mind Scan

3 Dakini

3 Benten

2 Senju

2 Cyber Petit

1 Sonic Bird

1 Idaten

3 MAAR

2 E Con

1 MAR

1 Cosmic Cyclone

1 Xing Zhen Hu

Both Cyclone and Xing put in a ton of work, I'd probably play  a 2nd Cyclone over Xing if I had it but Xing was particularly strong against the burn decks (which I faced a ton of) but was less good against the other matchups (with one game vs AG I only won because they ridiculously summoned electro set 2 then used electro's effect).

I recently got 2 Saphira but I'm not sure its worth considering atm, as it seems like it would hit consistency. Perhaps if you have 3 senju 3 sonic birds it makes sense but otherwise I'd probably hold off until Dakini gets limited or something.

mark    3104
36 minutes ago, Shadow Lord said:

I played Mind Scan CA got from legend 1 to KoG. My list was pretty standard (mostly) budget CA, mostly faced AGs, Ninja and Weevil Burn. Lost to Mako Shark (my only hard brick, didn't draw a ritual spell before I got swarmed to death) and control Ninja (lost to a top decked econ take on my Dakini). I faced 2 mirrors and basically otk'd both.

My list:

Skill: Mind Scan

3 Dakini

3 Benten

2 Senju

2 Cyber Petit

1 Sonic Bird

1 Idaten

3 MAAR

2 E Con

1 MAR

1 Cosmic Cyclone

1 Xing Zhen Hu

Both Cyclone and Xing put in a ton of work, I'd probably play  a 2nd Cyclone over Xing if I had it but Xing was particularly strong against the burn decks (which I faced a ton of) but was less good against the other matchups (with one game vs AG I only won because they ridiculously summoned electro set 2 then used electro's effect).

I recently got 2 Saphira but I'm not sure its worth considering atm, as it seems like it would hit consistency. Perhaps if you have 3 senju 3 sonic birds it makes sense but otherwise I'd probably hold off until Dakini gets limited or something.

The card that works for both engines is Sprite’s Blessing, although I agree that 3 senju and maybe 2-3 Sonic Bird may be needed, wouldn’t rule it out with 2-1 though, cant hurt to try  

knives1990    262

The great thing about saffira is that she is the beat play first turn of the duel. IMO that’s what I believe the deck needs, as it’s going 2nd game is already unrivaled 

mark    3104
6 hours ago, knives1990 said:

The great thing about saffira is that she is the beat play first turn of the duel. IMO that’s what I believe the deck needs, as it’s going 2nd game is already unrivaled 

Saffira tribute benten or idaten is definitely the best opening play: the problem is finding the right ritual spells since they all have their pro’s and cons. 

knives1990    262

I’m grinding for a 2nd saffira but tbh I think 3 sprite 2 absolute 1 machine would be ideal. As a side note, I just had a guy econ take my saffira and didn’t realize it but saffira will resolve on their field before econ does. So I got wrecked that game lol

mark    3104

List worked really smooth 

2 e-con may be “enough” as well if I find something better to add - maybe 1 extermination after all. Floodgate is extremely strong vs this deck  

A47FCB82-8D93-4A77-8098-4F6BE532DB60.png

B92DF985-A1F1-4C5B-82FE-BDAD6FDECBCE.png

Faint    5619

^my build is literally the same as yours -1 senju and +1 sprite

i honestly think 2 senju 2 petit & 3 dankai is enough to get 2 in your hand and start rolling them early on, i think you need the extra ritual for consistency