Sign in to follow this  
mark

Cyber Angel Discussion

+mark    3002

For those who haven't kept up, Cyber Angel are the best deck.

You can gain all cards through Alexis, except for Senju and Sonic Bird.

Senju, Sonic Bird, Cyber Petit Angel.

Ideally you play 2/3 of each (or some do 1 Bird 3 senju), but from a budget PoV Senju is more important than Sonic Bird: since you can just play more ritual spells to compensate, but you can't play more than 3 Dakini 3 Benthem 1 Idaten (which you want to do). 

These cards are the best cards of the deck for multiple reasons. They tutor every card you need, Senju/Angel are searchable, they provide a good T1 play if you go first, they make OTK's possible, but most importantly it means you can end on 2 monsters if you ritual summon. This is important since duel links has no MP2, so even ending on a weak monster like Petit Angel + Dakini means if your opp uses Dakini, you can send Petit Angel to the graveyard. This also prevents OTK's. If you leave your field with 0 or 1 monster no Sphere Kuriboh or defensive S/T, you'll often get OTK'd in the mirror. 

You don't want to play too many non-engine pieces, maybe 2/3 is correct atm. The most important one is Enemy Controller, since it blocks OTK's, makes OTK's possible, and you can chain it to your opponent's Dakini. 

If you don't have Bird/Senju yet, you could play Dimensional Alchemist as a temporary replacement. 

Best skill is likely Balance or Restart for consistency: the only downside of balance is you'd want to run 5 ritual spells to open 1, but if you play E-Con this conflicts. You could play Sphere Kuriboh instead, but the card is less powerful than E-Con. 

Example decks (not including more than 2  pack UR's per deck because most don't have them. If you do have them, I think 1-3 Sonic Bird and 3 Senju are correct.)

Balance

2 Sphere Kuriboh

2 Senju

1 Sonic Bird 

2 Petit Angel

3 Dakini

1 Idaten

3 Benten

3 Angel Ritual

2 Absolute Ritual

1 Free spot (Sphere Kuriboh, a Trap, Senju, Bird, or Dimensional Alchemist for example). Spell count must be 5 but monster / trap can be 14/1: that means you draw 2 monsters and the last draw has 4/5 odds of being a monster and 1/5 odds of being a trap. Could also do more traps instead of Sphere Kuriboh.

Restart

2 Cyber Petit Angel

2 Senju

1 Sonic Bird

3 Dakini

1 Idaten

3 Benten

3 Enemy Controller

3 Angel Ritual

2 Absolute Ritual

Possible good traps:

Divine Wrath is an out to Horus/Dark Paladin that is also decent in the mirror and vs rogue. (Hit Senju/Angel/Bird, if you try to hit the rituals you'll get fucked by timing if they Benten, or they banish the ritual spell from grave). 

I generally don't think negating a spell is ever worth it (Magic Jammer/Providence) since they can have a 2nd copy easily. Cursed Seal however, may be nuts going first. 

I don't think Mirror Wall, Headlong etc. are good because of Dakini. And spells don't out Dark Paladin either. 

I don't think Cyber Gymnast is good because people can / will / should summon stuff in defense pretty often. 

Discuss the best deck this game has ever seen, by far. 

• Upvote 2
  • Pride 1
  • Thanks 1

Inti    78

This is my current build for Cyber Angels

Skill: Restart

Monsters:13

2x CA Benten

3x CA Dakini

1x CA Idaten

2x Cyber Petit Angel

2x Senju (currently lack a 3rd one)

3x Sonic Bird

Spells:7

2x E-Con

2x Machine Angel Absolute 

3x Machine Angel Ritual

Another tech card you could use that gets around Machine Angel Ritual's protection effect is D.D. Warrior.

• Upvote 2

Faint    5590

ugh time to start farming alexis then, what a bother

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

I mean you can already get 1 dakini and 1 of the absolute ritual spell from levelling alexis up, so you need to only get 1 of each for the deck to already be very fuctional. Right now I'm destroying (80%+ winrate) Platinum with 1 Petit Angel 1 Dakini 1 Absolute Ritual 1 Bird 2 Senju, so clearly the deck is broken even when it's entirely incomplete. This is one of the easiest to build good decks in a while tbh.  

+mark    3002
1 hour ago, Inti said:

This is my current build for Cyber Angels

Skill: Restart

Monsters:13

2x CA Benten

3x CA Dakini

1x CA Idaten

2x Cyber Petit Angel

2x Senju (currently lack a 3rd one)

3x Sonic Bird

Spells:7

2x E-Con

2x Machine Angel Absolute 

3x Machine Angel Ritual

Another tech card you could use that gets around Machine Angel Ritual's protection effect is D.D. Warrior.

Do you think 3rd Bird is better than 3rd Benten? Esp with only 2 Senju I'd max on all rituals. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

I CAN FINALLY BEAT BURN MILL TOON

AIDS DECKS, GET FUCKED!

(Dark Paladin is still aids though, havent faced it yet)

IMG_2029.PNG

• Thanks 1

IRLAlex    113

I haven't got around to testing this but this is something I'd like to do:

Balance:

7 Rituals Monsters

2 Cyber Petit Angels

3 Magical Merchant

2-3 Chaos Necromancer

Spells:

5-6 Rituals

Merchant dump a bunch of things because Absolute uses Graveyard Fuel; Grabs you a second Ritual Spell and you can drop Chaos Necromancer for a pretty decent beatstick. 

This is still all theory-oh but once I level up to get my second Petit I'll be trying this out (admittedly lacking 2 Dakini's and third Absolute. Can't farm Alexis for shit).

Edited by IRLAlex
  • Upvote 1

+mark    3002

Merchant won't resolve, your opp will just Dakini it away. You also don't want to Mill your Dakini's, especially if you only have 1-2. I think the idea is just bad. 

Even if you only have 0 Bird 0 Senju (although getting at least 1 Senju is recommended since it's searchable), I think you should just play other beaters (fairy/Warrior LV4) and some defensive cards instead. I actually think Dimensional Alchemist isn't bad, but that's also a UR so I imagine not everyone has it. The main problems if you don't have Senju Bird are: 

Consistency (somewhat managable since the deck is just very consistent, and you can play Balance or Restart and max out on all CA cards you can get). 

Not having enough tribute fodder (Since they're essentially "free". Also, not being able to send Senju back for Absolute).

Not being able to get 2 monsters on the field so you can send the weaker one to the graveyard if you're opponent uses Dakini.

Less OTK possibilities (tied to consistency).

Not all of these problems are solvable, but I think having monsters that are either tribute fodder in some way (from T1 of the game), or that are LV4 fairy/warrior beaters comes close. At least you'll have a decent early game, and you should use the "space" you have to play techs that other decks can't play: 3 E-Con, maybe Floodgate, etc. Turn your disadvantage into an advantage, as far as possible. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

Will prob cut the 3rd E-Con for a 3rd Dakini once I get it

IMG_2046.PNG

Faint    5590

25 packs left

I have all the urs but senju

For fuck sake

Screenshot_20171009-220447.png

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

LOL

> didnt use dakini eff

> opp doesn't realize and still econ takes

profit

IMG_2052.PNG

• Haha 1

Zeppelin    59

slowly chipping away at this deck. finally got my 2nd cyber petit. pulled a sonic bird, now onto the manjus 

• Upvote 1

knives1990    283

I just need the 2nd cyber petit and I'm done with it. Gonna be a long grinding road hopefully I can level up as much as possible during the exp bonus

• Upvote 2

+mark    3002
5 minutes ago, Faint said:

Im down to 5 packs, still no senju!

maybe it's not in the box hmm...

Faint    5590
17 minutes ago, mark said:

Honestly i will throw my phone out the window

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Zeppelin    59
22 minutes ago, mark said:

Haha that would be really funny, mainly because it didn't happen to me :) 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

Update: 

Balance is better than Restart for consistency, but imo should be played with 5 ritual spells no other spells regardless of how good econ is (the alternative is probably 2 econ restart CA but it cloggs sometimes)

Sphere Kuriboh sucks since you can open 2 Sphere Kuriboh or Sphere + Trap, so I think the ideal ratio is:

10/15 monsters 

5 spells 

0/5 traps 

probably 2/3 traps, I'm currently testing between Windstorm / Curse of Anubis /  Spell Shield Type 8 / Mirror Wall (don't have Floodgate Trap Hole, but def. a contender as well). What there traps have in Common is they all block econ take OTK's, and most block OTK's when you don't open a way to end on 2 monsters (except spell shield, which is why I'm hesitant on it) 

i think traps that discard suck (type 8 is mainly to block econ and only sometimes you can use the 2nd eff mid/late game, or if you got a free spell off dakini/Bird/etc)

Nex    51

Been messing around with that very idea (balance with 5 ritual spells and 15 monsters) have to agree that the sphere kuribohs are tempting doubling as both protection and two together as ritual fodder in the grave but they clog really easily (would love it more if they were level 2). One thing I threw in for fun just to test out was bacon saver. I've been liking it so far since it protects you (albeit not as great as  sphere kuriboh from hand) and more importantly being level 2 it acts as nice ritual fodder with your levels 4s and 6s to drop your angels and letting you save your rituals in the grave if needed. 

• Upvote 1