Jump to content
Onza

Small-time Noble Knight Yugituber arrested in child sex sting operation

Recommended Posts

Onza    18

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2017-08-12/underage-sex-sting-arrests-17-men

http://jacksonville.com/news/public-safety/2017-08-11/undercover-child-exploitation-operation-leads-17-arrests-st-johns

(News articles from Florida outlets detailing his arrest and the operation in general)

 

Storm Lathrop, formerly known as "The Ignoble Knight of YouTube" was arrested in August, as part of an underage sex sting operation. His charges include:

1. Using a computer to solicit sex from a minor

2. Traveling to meet a minor for sex

3. Unlawful use of a 2-way communications device

 

He was mostly a small, unknown channel, famous for (obviously) his loyalty to Noble Knights, and his shtick was him growling his name for his intros. The largest outings he's had have been on Cimo's channel as part of a Yugituber championship tournament, and on The Team Avalanche's channel, guest uploading a Noble Knight profile. There are very few videos left on youtube of his face, but here are a couple. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Urthor    10221

Funniest part is it isn't the first time this has happened to someone from the YGO community

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+mmf    23221
3 hours ago, Silver said:

*looks at ghopper85*

yall think this shit is funny till u realize u've been at a regionals in the same room as him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sophocles    2748

Why are there so many pedophiles in ygo?

 

it can't be to meet victims because everyone who goes to YGO events is a 20-something dude, usually with poor physical hygiene.

 

maybe ygo players are just so stupid, there's a high catch rate 

 

hmm...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

Why are there so many pedophiles in ygo?

 

it can't be to meet victims because everyone who goes to YGO events is a 20-something dude, usually with poor physical hygiene.

 

maybe ygo players are just so stupid, there's a high catch rate 

 

hmm...

Is the pedophilia density among yu-gi-oh players really higher than for the entire population? Maybe you have confirmation bias, maybe our statistics have incomplete data (as in, we're more likely to hear about an arrested pedophile if he's a yu-gi-oh player compared to if he wasn't since we're part of the community), or maybe there actually is something to it but I don't logically see why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35385

mvp is still bherrel getting hit with.. was it a credit card scam i forget 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35385
Just now, Chevalier De Fromage said:

Is the pedophilia density among yu-gi-oh players really higher than for the entire population? Maybe you have confirmation bias, maybe our statistics have incomplete data (as in, we're more likely to hear about an arrested pedophile if he's a yu-gi-oh player compared to if he wasn't since we're part of the community), or maybe there actually is something to it but I don't logically see why.

Theres also an access to children issue - its not just adults at game stores and its def not just adults in ygo - some pedos may have been drawn in by that right

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ACP+    33975

Yugioh attracts kids and fucked up adults. It's the perfect storm really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rei said:

Theres also an access to children issue - its not just adults at game stores and its def not just adults in ygo - some pedos may have been drawn in by that right

 

 

5 minutes ago, ACP said:

Yugioh attracts kids and fucked up adults. It's the perfect storm really.

Solution: Ban yugioh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Digbick    7365
7 hours ago, rei said:

mvp is still bherrel getting hit with.. was it a credit card scam i forget 

identity fraud, stolen goods, drugs, the works 

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sophocles    2748
9 minutes ago, NB96 said:

I suppose its easy to say with hindsight but he gave some truely awful advice in that video about DUEA.

 

how is that easier to say in hindsight? Are pedophiles worse at ygo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    795
5 hours ago, Sophocles said:

 

how is that easier to say in hindsight? Are pedophiles worse at ygo?

I mean in terms of having played during the format at the time I think some of his advice is awful. Suggesting using Guardian Eatos in pendulum decks for obvious reasons, siding Nobleman of Crossout against Shaddoll even though everybody was running 3 Sinister Shadow Games which countered it, siding Soul Takers for Yang Zing even though the deck wasn't represented enough to merit siding for, suggesting Satellarknights would be awful because of not having Star Seraphs (they weren't the best deck but were strong enough to deserve being prepared for) etc.

Edited by NB96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×