Paraliel

Max Suffridge Memorial Tournament

+Paraliel+    8045

So as some of you might have heard, one of the original legends of Duelistgroundz has passed away. In his honor, we would like to remember him in the best way we know how, and how we knew him, through a Goat Format tournament.

If you would like to sign up for the Goat Format tournament, you will need to paypal $5 to paypal@masonoliver.com. All proceeds from this tournament will be given to the funeral proceedings with a small cash prize of $50 to first place. Please include your DG name in the note.

We would like to have at least 16 people for this tournament, money will be refunded if we cannot get enough.

Please also post below if you signed up so I can check.

It will be Best of 3s with siding, same rules as Goat Warring, and will be run over a few weeks (tournament begins on 10/23) similar to how we have run DGCS's in the past.

The current list of registered participants can be found at the Challonge bracket here. People with (unpaid) next to their name still need to paypal the money; don't forget!

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 3

+mark    3002

will it be on 1 day or spread over a week or something? asking cause of timezone differences

+Paraliel+    8045

It'll be over the course of a couple of weeks, similar to how we have run our DGCS's in the past.

+mark    3002
4 minutes ago, Evolution` said:

I'd be interested, what platform do you guys play on now? Dueling book?

DB or Lackey

+rei+    35385

i will make any software i need to work, work to play in this

MZAAZM    317

Ya absolutely in. Even if i cant play ill still put the 5$ for this. Thank you Parielal. 

Edited by MZAAZM

+Paraliel+    8045

Tournament will begin on 10/23. Rounds will last 3 days. Decklists must be submitted before 10/23.

+mmf    23221
11 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

it is literally in the OP

The current list of registered participants can be found at the Challonge bracket here. People with (unpaid) next to their name still need to paypal the money; don't forget!

+mark    3002
1 hour ago, Projector said:

Just to confirm this is April 2005 Goat Format, so pre-CRV right?

No CRV no Exarion 

• Upvote 1

Projector    503

Haven't played in a while, but do Lackey or DB work on Android?  Or do you need a desktop client?  I anticipate being on the road on the 23rd.

2k17!    237
On 10/12/2017 at 0:24 PM, Projector said:

Haven't played in a while, but do Lackey or DB work on Android?  Or do you need a desktop client?  I anticipate being on the road on the 23rd.

Would be over the course of a few weeks, not live

also in, paypaling you now

+Mascis    4366

I’m in for this and will PayPal you once I get home

Soul    8021

I'm in. 2 things though;

1.) I think 2k17 was on to something. Maybe we should force people to use t8/16 lists from Nats OR alternatively just Max's list (latter might be a tad boring). 

2.) If everyone agrees, I think we should donate all the proceeds. At 16 players, 1st place gets $50 while Max's family would get $30. Seems to defeat the purpose if we are trying to help even a little. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

+mmf    23221
45 minutes ago, Soul said:

I'm in. 2 things though;

1.) I think 2k17 was on to something. Maybe we should force people to use t8/16 lists from Nats OR alternatively just Max's list (latter might be a tad boring). 

2.) If everyone agrees, I think we should donate all the proceeds. At 16 players, 1st place gets $50 while Max's family would get $30. Seems to defeat the purpose if we are trying to help even a little. 

Strongly agree with #2. When I first brought the idea to staff chat my intent was not to have a cash prize at all

• Upvote 2