6 hours ago, NB96 said:

Can somebody help me find out precisely when Green Baboon was errata'd to not work in the damage step? Google isn't helping me much. This is also important for Light and Darkness Dragon, idk which event to pick a legal card list for if I were to actually do this format. It sounds like people don't like LADD in this format much but rather than do honor bans I think just picking even-based car lists is more legitimate. Idk how much Premium Pack 1 alters this format since COSR Zombies get Mezuki which is pretty strong.

i think green baboon was errata'd much latter and back in this format it worked just fine

also i think ladd should be banned and i think we should play pre-glas (it got out on 14th of november 2007) and pre ladd (6th november 2007 i think) because we have an edison-like situation. the ladd release powercrept the format hardly. mezuki was released in premium pack 2 in july 2008 which is the next format

Edited by Nula Trijes Pet

NB96    795
2 minutes ago, Nula Trijes Pet said:

i think green baboon was errata'd much latter and back in this format it worked just fine

also i think ladd should be banned and i think we should play pre-glas (it got our on 14th of november 2007) and pre ladd (6th november 2007 i think) because we have an edison-like situation. the ladd release powercrept the format hardly. mezuki was released in premium pack 2 in july 2008 which is the next format

Yes I think it defeats the purpose of playing this format if you use Gladiator Beasts because that might as well change everything.

I'm on DB and Discord right now if anybody is interested in playing a match or two of this format.

look, gladiators are not nearly huge this format as they became during the next one. they were just another archetype with no goal. then lodt came out and glads got brand new boss monster, gyzarus. that ressurected them. so even if you included glas, glads wouldn't do much, they would be tier 3 or so. the real problem is ladd and i think we should cut it.

p.s. in topic tags it says pre-ptdn, i realised that mistake later but it was too late to change it to pre-glas

Soul    8021

im not sure why you think LaDD is broken. it depends on GY setup and the rest of your hand. and playing it in your deck/summoning it at the wrong time could obviously end up unfavorable which it did for many people who ran raida. also, lets not even touch ccv when the opp has ladd in hand. basically game unless you bring back disk. 

in hindsight i always thought its p obvious zombies are the best deck tbh. im not sure coburn is good if your opp is prepared for burn, nor baburn. demise is a wildcard too but easily sided against aswell. only truly viable rogue choice against pcm and zombies, imo, is macro. and thats only if you can stick di-fi or macro early game. 

• Upvote 1

Soul    8021

i do agree w the general consensus on ccv + sarc, although im not opposed to playing with them either

Soul    8021

im not sure if OP realizes that any monarch or ryu kokki runs over ladd after 1 negation. 

ccv and sarco were sjc promo back then and only a handful of people really had them. i think it would be bad interpretation of the past if we included it as locals didn't even know about them

my opinion of ladd (which is skillful card and has it's downsides and needs got setup) is maybe like cydra in goat scenario. i think ladd changes philosophy of the game more than anything. it can lock you and change the environment of 1-for-1 advantage based game to "drop this big motherf" and we got ourselves some kind of synchro bullshit philosophy, exactly what i'm affraid of. i think this is game of advantage, period

+Gemstone Mine    2595

i think beyond obvious prize card problems ccv actively makes the format worse. It contributes nothing to the format other than occasional 'well i guess I just win' hands. If it was an actual part of the format (like it was during TeleDAD) then it's an entirely different story, but being a prize card makes it unrealistic to include as well as being a net loss to format health.

Soul    8021

i mean ccv made it pretty hard to run things like lightsworn, gb, etc in teledad format, just because the teledad player could see it pretty consistently. im not sure that argument holds any water. 

Anteaus44    12

I never played the format live but it looks interesting. I take it there's no way to really abuse Disk Commander outside of Fear Monger?

• Upvote 1

NB96    795

You can get it back with Fear Monger, Prem, COTH and LADD so it's still a busted card imo.

I think people often underestimate d.d. crow in general (obviously this format is no difference). It literary shuts any zombie play (master, book, il blud etc.) and it's devastating in late game when they topdeck revival and say: YES! but your crow saves the day. It can kill pc as well, shuts down destiny heroes (perfect when chained to fear monger's effect in main phase) and frog. Only out to crow is chained transmigration prophecy which happens very very rarely. I consider this card a side deck must-have at 2.

Soul    8021

dont think d.d. crow is underestimated dawg. its a known and even mained card in this format. 

+mark    3001

If we're going to do multiple live's, we could make it a rule that if you win a live, you can choose a prize card (sarc or ccv) and use that for future live's, or, even for the next live only (if we don't want too many people running those cards) 

would give more incentive to win and it'd be realistic, since winning an YCS would grand you prize cards as well 

where are you going to play it?

also, i was first too see crow as a generally good card in my region and when i mained two copies everyone said the card is dead draw most of the time, a terrible topdeck, very situational and then, when we started playing i ruined every of their play with it, most importantly from the hand, they had no way to counter it