Mascis

SPYRAL - Deck Discussion

.Sammy    41

Gj man sorry you didn't make it further. Yeah they're both good extenders how do you find ratios with them? I've been testing with 2:2 as they do similar things for the deck but you don't want doubles of either so it works out. 

knives1990    262

Every list I saw used 3 of each because 1 of them + quik fix summon is the combo field that ends you with firewall, 3 co link trigate, sleeper with last resort. This is the new bread and butter play for the deck.

a friend of mine played the same list as me except he played a 2nd big red over the utility wire and made top 4. But basically we are talking about 3-4 cars differences across the deck lists that made too cut. Every one of them played 3/3 on double summon and foolish goods

.Sammy    41

Unreal. But to be expected I guess. How prevelent were hand traps did you notice? And did you notice more of them got into top cut playing with/without hand traps ect?

knives1990    262

The hand trap ratios are something that will be developed further into the format. For this event there were a lot of spyrals and a lot of pendulums. Ash and maxx c are standard but some players were opting for just those, some ran 3 ogre, some ran 3 drolls, others played all 10 plus crow in Spyral lists. It was diverse from a hand trap perspective

.Sammy    41

Well most the ARG lists are extremely boring I was expecting a little bit more innovation lot, the deck is capable of a lot more than what they played there. Makes me wonder what events they're saving their secret spice for.

What do you guys think about the Grinder Golem meme in the OCG? Do you think it will become a thing here down the road?

Interesting to note the use of triple Scapegoat at Indianapolis Regionals. Maybe Spyrals still got it

Imran's list. It's interesting to note the use of triple Dragon Ravine: