NB96

Super Mario Odyssey

Aaron    1979

the wooded kingdom's themesong is fucking nuts so good. 

Anyway i hope this game lasts forever, its honestly amazing. 

when i feel into the deep woods then a MOTHEr FUCKING T REX is stomping about.. fuck nintendo  u kill it. 

My new switch, pretty much perfect. maybe a slight dark corner in the right side but its probably ocd-ish mentality from me.

I have:

Odyssey

BOTW

Rabbids

Mario Kart (For my sister)

Rabbids is actually the game which has most surprised me (from the opening 20 mins). Like its screaming literal quality and charm. Odyssey is just ridiculous. The level design, characters, thought process is top notch. I have only played zelda for around 2 minutes to make sure the cartridge works. 

With the Switch, I feel like I won't finish Suikoden 2 which was honestly starting to bore me (such bad navigation and a weird battle system). 

Edited by Aaron

Aaron    1979

Got 300 stars in odyssey. 

I'm tempted to get more but I'm getting a replacement Switch in in the next few days (My current one has a dark corner which is pissing me off.. hashtag OCD). 

Therefore I'll probably not replay the game just to get to the post-game content unless I'm bored AF or playing it with someone else. 

Overall the game is a straight 10/10 for a platformer. Comparing it to other "platformers" its just best in class.

Now for the negatives:

1. I feel some worlds were done incredibly well, others weren't. Huge inconsistencies IMO, much alike Dark souls tbh. 

2. Post game content is EXCELLENT but I'd much rather these stars were just available during the first playthrough. For people like me I lost interest when not collecting towards an aim. 

3. Boss battles a bit too easy and simplistic. The final Bowser boss battle is probably how they all should have been. 

4. Clunky textures could be a bit jarring - okay by this, i spcifically mean the metro people + the dinosaur. Its weird how pathetic the dinosaur looks yet the boss battle with the dragon looked INCREDIBLE. I think if its going to look that jarring, just dont include it Nintendo. 

Still a 10/10. 

The new cappy mechanic is INCREDIBLE. it would be awesome if they build on it in next iterations and make multiple enemies possesable to complete aims in multiple ways as opposed to Oddyssey where it was a bit more linear and simple. 

Edited by Aaron

NB96    813

I've finally collected all 882 Power Moons. I'm basically done with the game now. It's made me really sad that it's all come to an end, but what an adventure it's been! Either this or Zelda Breath of the Wild were the best two games I've played this year. 100% vindicated my purchase of the console, I can't wait for my next great Nintendo adventure, though it will be some task to live up to these two!

Edited by NB96

Aaron    1979
5 hours ago, NB96 said:

I've finally collected all 882 Power Moons. I'm basically done with the game now. It's made me really sad that it's all come to an end, but what an adventure it's been! Either this or Zelda Breath of the Wild were the best two games I've played this year. 100% vindicated my purchase of the console, I can't wait for my next great Nintendo adventure, though it will be some task to live up to these two!

I returned my Switch for a new one and I'm now VERY tempted to re-play Oddyssey and I only got 300 moons like a couple of weeks ago.

Instead playing BOTW and just wow. 

Both games instantly absorb your through gameplay and thats the difference between Nintendo and other game developers. 

BOTW for example is probably the FIRST open world game where I'm not just following some dumb shitty compass. I'm cooking food, hunting food.. because I want to. Its really strange how they've made mundane horrible RPG tasks.. enjoyable and seemless. 

... also imagine if they drop Odyssey DLC (I doubt this very much). 

NB96    813
13 hours ago, Aaron said:

I returned my Switch for a new one and I'm now VERY tempted to re-play Oddyssey and I only got 300 moons like a couple of weeks ago.

Instead playing BOTW and just wow. 

Both games instantly absorb your through gameplay and thats the difference between Nintendo and other game developers. 

BOTW for example is probably the FIRST open world game where I'm not just following some dumb shitty compass. I'm cooking food, hunting food.. because I want to. Its really strange how they've made mundane horrible RPG tasks.. enjoyable and seemless. 

... also imagine if they drop Odyssey DLC (I doubt this very much). 

You get another kingdom at like 500 moons I think, but it only has one moon in it which happened to be my last one. Perhaps the next Metroid game will be he next great Nintendo game.

Aaron    1979
10 hours ago, NB96 said:

You get another kingdom at like 500 moons I think, but it only has one moon in it which happened to be my last one. Perhaps the next Metroid game will be he next great Nintendo game.

If they drop FE next year, that will be my GOTY. The accessibility of Awakenings was amazing. The refined battle system of Conquest was great too.  I just hope they don't do that Birthright/Conquest/Revelations BS. Revelations was piss poor, Birthright was too easy. Conquest was where it was at. 

Seeing it on a big TV will be soooo good for me as the battle graphics have come a LOOOOOONG way from ike's titles. 

I've never gotten into metroid, I've heard the prime triology is nuts so one day I'll probably emulate it. 

Playing BOTW now... no doubt about it... no wonder it got GOTY for 2017. Mario is great, its creative, its beautiful, the controls are tight.. but this Zelda game is something else. I feel like I'm playing a film. Think it does edge Odyssey. 

Is there anyway to make RPGs more like Zeldas? Is Witcher 3 like it? Zelda is just so simple.. yet everything works so well.