Retro Cube Draft

Interested?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Interested?

• Yes
    • No
    • Roulette Spider

TKGriffiths    1

Enjoy goat format? The original yugioh series? Drafting? Deck building? The idea of some of the coolest looking yet most impractical cards in the game finally getting their chance to shine? The idea of types and attributes having more than a fleeting relevance? The idea of seeing Roulette Spider resolve?

If any of those apply, read further. This is a pet project of mine that brings together some things I've always wanted to do. Inspired by nostalgia for simpler times, the anime, Forbidden Memories, and more. I've roped people into doing this IRL a few times now and it's the most fun I've had playing this game in a long time.

1) Premise
- Card pool based on goat format.
- Some artistic license taken with the inclusion of OCG and anime cards.

2) The Cube
- 450 cards. 300 monsters (50 of each attribute), 80 spells, 70 traps. See attachments, you can copy paste these into your Lackey deck folder to view the entire cube.
- Highlander (no more than 1 copy of everything) at heart, but some license taken again for practical reasons.
- All spells and traps are at 1, except Heavy Storm and Malevolent Catastrophe at 3 and 2 respectively to discourage setting your entire hand.
- Dark, Earth and Light monsters are at 1 (with the exception of Manju at 6).
- Fire, Water and Wind have some monsters at 2 and 3 due to the sparse availability of playable cards within those attributes.

3) Goat Format base rules

- Common knowledge I hope?

4) MODIFIED RULES *ESSENTIAL READING*
- Ritual and Fusion monsters are all considered 'Ritual' monsters and played in the main deck.
- 'Ritual' monsters are NOT nomis and can be normal summoned, tribute summoned, set or special summoned like any other monster.
- You can also 'Ritual' summon them from hand or graveyard by banishing monsters from your hand/field/graveyard whose type OR attribute match the ritual monster's, and whose total levels are greater than or equal to the ritual monster's.
- This is an inherent summon mechanic; there are no ritual spells.
- Example. I could banish Slate Warrior (Wind/4) and Masked Dragon (Dragon/3) from hand, field or graveyard to 'Ritual' summon Gaia the Dragon Champion (Wind/Dragon/7) from hand OR graveyard.

5) Drafting
- Each player gets 4 packs of 16 cards.
- Each round of drafting all players open a pack, take a card, then pass the pack to the next player until all cards are taken.
- 4 rounds of drafting, alternating the passing direction clockwise/counterclockwise.
- Each player ends up with 64 cards to construct a deck of 40 minimum.

6) LACKEY CUBE DRAFTING PROCEDURE *ESSENTIAL READING*

A) Leader loads the complete cube as their deck.
B) Leader conceals their hand from all players.
C) Leader draws a pack of 16 cards.
D) Leader drag and drops this pack to the hand of any empty handed player. DO NOT use /exchange as it will reveal the pack to the players between Leader and receiver.
E) Repeat (C)-(D) until every player has a pack in hand. Leader opens the last pack by revealing their hand to themselves.
F) Draft the packs. Each player moves a card to one of their hidden zones (Extra Deck or Side Deck), after which Leader passes the packs along with /exchange.
G) Repeat (B)-(F) until all players have selected 64 cards, alternating cycles passing clockwise then counterclockwise.
H) All players build a deck from their selected cards.
I) It's time to duel!

Comment if you have questions, suggestions, or any interest at all.

Highlander_Complete.dek

Highlander_Dark.dek

Highlander_Light.dek

Highlander_Earth.dek

Highlander_Fire.dek

Highlander_Water.dek

Highlander_Wind.dek

Highlander_Spell.dek

Highlander_Trap.dek