Sign in to follow this  
ACP

Yu-Gi-Oh Department of Konami: Poe's law in full effect

»ACP    33403

A few days ago, I started a satire facebook page called "Yu-Gi-Oh Department of Konami". The style of humor is largely influenced by Ben Palmer, the comedian behind the satire pages Hope This Helps and City of Atlanta. The satire is incredibly subtle, to the point that virtually no Yugioh players are able to pick up on it. My first couple of posts on the page did not draw much attention, but my most recent one about "diversity" is drawing a lot of attention from upset Yugioh players who don't exactly agree with "Konami's" take on the situation.

The comment thread has gotten exceptionally large at this point, so I'll just link you to it rather than trying to screenshot everything. Some of the comments are absolute gold:

Once the page has built up a significant following I do plan to use it to make some subtle advertisements for DuelistGroundz :wub: I'd recommend sharing its posts whenever you get the chance to increase the page's exposure.

• Upvote 4

+Sophocles    3001

Q: To make a semi-long story short, I am a physically disabled Yu-Gi-Oh player, and I'm going to YCS San Diego this year. I am increasingly surprised at the lack of protocol these events have for persons such as myself. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do to prepare?

A: We're sorry that you're disappointed by our lack of protocol. By and large, the reason that YCS tournaments do not have much in the way of accommodations for physically handicapped players is because our resources are already very constrained by needing to accommodate the massive number of mentally handicapped players. We hope this helps.

NB96    832

You may have bitten off more than you can chew. Stay vigilant.

tV8zsyQ.png?1
YkWTp3m.png?1

• Upvote 2

the best thing about this is that in one of the first posts he wrote about ycs dallas and the page crashing if too many people visit it, and then the next day it actually happened

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

»ACP    33403

I think it's quite likely that we'll be up to 1000+ followers by tomorrow. I have another person helping me run the page now, and we have some amazing meme-worthy content planned.

• Haha 1

Carbon    1867
On 1/21/2018 at 6:44 AM, DarkMageWalt said:

reminds me of shit quack used to do...

Fuck Quack

• Upvote 1