Sign in to follow this  
mark

Duel Links - Galactic Origin Discussion

+Paraliel+    8010

I think Saffira will see lots of play.

Into the Void potentially has some combo applications.

Upstart Golden Ninja fits right into Ninjas.

mark    3104

I’ll post my thoughts on the cards in this set in a bit 

Zeppelin    57

Here are my thoughts:

UR: 

Exiled Force - 3.5/5 [Personally think this is being overlooked, not the right time for it but the fact that it is a 1 card out to boss monsters could be relevant, also you can keep getting it back with Warrior Returning Alive]

Into the Void - 3/5 [Like TCG it is a combo card, not quite sure what it can be used in other than maybe some farming decks but it could be good in the future]

Berserk Dragon - 0/5 [Trash]

Cosmic Cyclone - 4/5 [Obviously a good card, 25% of your LP is steep though, it will mostly likely be a tech card, and a good one at that]

Elemental Hero Terrafirma - 2/5 [OTK potential, definitely a candidate for a Gunzblazing last gamble YouTube deck, probably it though]

Neo Flamvell Sabre - 2.5/5 - [Not terrible but it seems like it will only make it to auto duel decks, rekindling makes this card much better obviously, but until then not relevant]

Saffira Queen of Dragons - 4/5 [This card is pretty darn good, she works well with Cyber Angels but also good enough to warrant her own deck, Dragons have some of the best support in duel links so she already has the stuff to build just around her]

Upstart Golden Ninja - 4/5 [This dude is just cool, I think he opens up non 3SD Ninja decks solely on how good he is. he makes white armed ninja more viable again, and can help ninja's avoid the 1 card on the field problem regarding cyber angels]

Gladiator Beast Heraklinos - 4/5 [I mean he is obviously good, the question ultimately relies around how good will GB's be, Mark thinks they will be good so I want to hear his thoughts

Trifortressops - 0/5 [Trash]

SR:
Rush Recklessly - 2/5 [Not bad, I know Inspiration is essentially the same thing but the fact that you can play this from your hand is relevant, especially with Sergeant Electro being so relevant in the meta]
Mask of Brutality - 3/5 [Another card that I think is being looked over, good burn card and is a decent card to beatdown over stuff with, 1000 is a big atk boost]
Theinen the Great Sphinx - 0/5 [Trash]
UFOroid Fighter - 0/5 [Trash]
Elemental HERO Woodsman - 2/5 [Not terrible but not a whole lot of great fusions for Ehero's right now]
Gladiator Beast Laquari - 4/5 [Essential to GB's, 3 of, not a lot to talk about]
Gladiator Beast Andal - 3/5 [Auto duel deck]
Elemental HERO Storm Neos - 0/5 [Trash]
Impenetrable Attack - 1/5 [I don't think this card is good, the fact you can only activate it in the battle phase is was makes it bad I think, I also think it is completely outclassed by Half Shut]
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Swallow - 1/5 [Fire Fist just doesn't have enough yet]
Gladiator Beast Nerkius - 1/5 [I mean if you have 3 GB's your probably making Herk]
First-Aid Squad - 2/5 [Not a bad card, but normals aren't really relevant]

The Rest:

Cybernetic Cyclopean - 4/5 [This is a hidden gem, great in handless]

Elemental HERO Ocean - 4/5 [I also like this card very much, a deck built around this and EHero Wildheart seems like a decent sleeper pick]

Bottomless Shifting Sand - [Also think this card is a decent card for new players]

Themes: 

Gladiator Beast - I think this has a chance to be a good tier 2 decks, I think half shut makes this deck quite good, especially with all the anti-meta floating around right now, got the big beater, and utility for anything in the forms of Murmillo and Bestiari. I think I slept on this a little. The core is fairly cheap to get as well. 

Fire Fist - Not enough right now

EHero's - I think the Neo-Spacian stuff is terrible, Woodsman and Ocean have a chance to make a impact though. 

Overall:

I don't think it is a great box, only a couple relevant cards here and there and most of them are tech cards. I think you obviously but if you think GB's are going to be the next big thing, or if you want to spice up your ninja's or cyber angels. Other than that though I think your better off hunting down Floodgates, Sergeant Electro, and stuff of that nature if you stockpiled your gems. 

I think the KC cup is going to be a lot of REDZ and Cyber Angels, with a lot of Anti-Meta and burn thrown in. None of those decks are impacted by this set. 

Thoughts?

mark    3104

Going to give my opinion on the cards, I could be wrong as I have been in my predictions in the past, but I think I have a better understanding of the game now than I did when I got back into it again and overhyped Treeborn Frog. For what it’s worth, I think my predictions on last set (Disruption being the best card, and Chalice / Draining Shield seeing play) were accurate. 

UR’s

Exiled Force

This card is very interesting and easy 1 on 1 removal that’s actually reliable (unlike man eater bug). I’m very curious to see how this card will perform and it wouldn’t surprise me if it becomes a 1-off tech in decks, and maybe even a 3-off in certain decks if the meta allows it (it depends on whether decks are vulnerable to Destruction, or whether they have ways around it.) i think the current top tier decks arent affected by it (although it’s an obvious out to heraklinos if that becomes a thing) so I think it won’t see any real play, but it may have potential. 

Into the Void

this card isn’t “good” or “bad”, but rather it’s a 3-off staple in turbo decks (tea turbo burn, some ojama king / Cyber Stein decks etc) and won’t see play in other decks. 

Upstart Golden Ninja

I don’t know enough about ninja’s outside of the fact that they’re really really good, so if this card makes them better that’s obviously something to keep an eye on

Saffira

I see a lot of potential in this card: I need to test it more but it wouldn’t surpise me if a Cyber Angel Saffira deck is better than a regular Cyber Angel deck, Alrhough it also has potential as a deck by itself 

Cosmic Cyclone 

This card isn’t broken or nutty at all, it’s basically an improved version of Nobleman of Extermination that may become a 2-off staple in certain formats where people often only set 1 backrow, or where people play continuous s/t’s (I think it also fucks ninja’s?). I think the fact that it requires 1000 lp means that it wont ever become a 3-off staple 

SR’s

Mask of Brutality

Useful in farming decks 

Gladiator Beasts 

A lot of people disagree with me on this so take it as you will: but I think GB has potential to become a top tier deck. Any deck that plays X good backrows with any monster lineup can be good, and the GB lineup is so universal that it can kill monsters (Murmillo) s/t’s (Bestiari), turn into 2100 beaters (Laquari), 2500 beaters (Essendiarii), or a combination of Horus LV8 and Jinzo that doesn’t negate your own cards (Heraklinos). I think you only need 1 Heraklinos,  3 Laquari, (unsure on Andal), and maybe 1 Nerokius (you’ll probably make heraklinos over this most of the time, but the option is Nice to have when you have 0 in hand or want to game through Sphere Kuriboh)

Impenetrable Attack

Will probably see use in some decks (I’m thinking Mill, stall decks, maybe GB)

All things considered I think the set is very good but not extemely broken. I think Saffira, GB, Cosmic Cyclone (and maybe Upstart Golden Ninja) have top tier potential, but there’s not one clear best card of the set. 

• Upvote 2

mark    3104

Fwiw I hate to say it but I think an optimal GB deck will be far from cheap (3 Floodgate + 3 Disruption/Mirror Wall) - although it should still be possible to make a good build without floodgate/mirror wall. I think floodgate really pushes the deck since it makes the CA matchup even, and in general if you floodgate a big guy you can attack into something and tag for Murmillo to get over it (a luxury that most non-CA decks don’t have)

I don’t have it though and wouldn’t highly recommend digging for it in a 200-pack box either, unless if you really want an optimal deck at all costs 

• Upvote 1

mark    3104

Oh and Sphere Kuriboh will probably become a staple as well if people keep playing backrow hate lol, card is so good in GB

• Upvote 2

mark    3104

Possible way to build GB / rough idea 

151CFF02-BE31-4370-BC2E-43B649507818.png

• Upvote 2

Zeppelin    57

I slept on gladiator beasts for sure, I climbed from legend 1 to 3 real quick, I'm about 14-4 with it right now and I am still tweaking things. Also two of the 4 losses came from me being a bad player, if someone good was playing they might be undefeated.  

Faint    5619

i'm gonna hold of emptying my gems for a week or so, don't want glads to be solved before i buy them

dexer008    804

Glads have been amazing to me as well, went from plat 4 to Legend 1 in my PvP grind yesterday. 

My list is very similar to the one above, differences being;

Restart instead the Tie that Binds, I don't like opening hands off 4 monsters (or in other cases, murmillo and 3 s/t) 

2 Anti-spell arrows over forbidden chalice (the card has been MVP and you gain a lot of advantage over it) 
1 Murmillio is a Andal, I decided to use 1 cause the deck feels lacking in high attack monsters with just laquari
1 Dimacari is a Alexander, again I felt it need some more attack power, and this guy is pretty good. Sucks to draw but hey, least he only only requires 1 tribute. 
My mirror Walls are Wall of Disruptions as I don't own any, I use 1 impenetrable attack cause only own 1, I use Windstorm of Etaqua because it's a more flexible trap and can be used to switch monsters to def which are free to then be attack so I can tag out. Last card is a Floodgate for the CA match-up and the same general theory behind Etaqua. 

Edit: I'm going to be testing Augustus tonight, as I forgot it can activate GB effects from the hand.

Edited by dexer008