ACP

Porting Over Mafia to our Discord Bot

+ACP+    34067

At rei's request, I'm going to start allowing the WarBot to run some basic mafia games. I'll probably start with matrix6 since that's easy to implement, only requires 9 people, and reasonably popular.

Games on discord would be significantly faster than forums. Probably something like 10 minute days. Not sure on the other details quite yet.

Post below with potential problems and/or suggestions.

• Upvote 4

ニック    27
1 hour ago, BuildTheWalia said:

10 minute days? That's pretty short.

It would help if you give some alternative that you think may be better, so that the developers and hosts can figure out what works best for us all, ja?

It definitely would make me likely able to play, and with discord I can DL the app on my phone, and with shorter days/nights I may be able to contribute more than if it was 24/12 or 24/24 or 48/24. The main issue I have is remembering whats been discussed, and phone taking so load to backread that I become "suspicious" no matter my role, along with the frustration of wanting to quote something that I FoS/HoS that I cannot find because the thread has 30+ pages to sift through by night 1-2, so I cannot keep up with the games as they currently are.

10 minute days are to consider the fact that you have a chat client, rather than forum posts, and it will keep the actives active. Make it much longer and it will conflict with RL schedules. Maybe 20 minutes 'could' work? It would make it easier to reread through posts when required, and give a bit more time. Even 15 I feel would work better for myself at least.

+ACP+    34067

I think some good functions to potentially add to the bot version of mafia might be to allow to automatically check members' previous votes without having to scroll back. Or maybe like a way to tag a message and add it to your notes for later if you think it's important.

9 hours ago, ACP said:

At rei's request, I'm going to start allowing the WarBot to run some basic mafia games. I'll probably start with matrix6 since that's easy to implement, only requires 9 people, and reasonably popular.

Games on discord would be significantly faster than forums. Probably something like 10 minute days. Not sure on the other details quite yet.

Just mirror was epicmafia does in terms of the logistics. 

Other format I would suggest is fast 5 - I think its 1 vanilla town, 1 cop, 1 mafia,  1 witch, 1 hunter. It's a game designed for new players, gives almost everyone a useful role and can be played reasonably quickly (its a day start with 2 day phases maximum) 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ACP said:

sounds a it like what Pokemon showdown does.    It'd be cool to see implmented.

3 hours ago, ACP said:

I think some good functions to potentially add to the bot version of mafia might be to allow to automatically check members' previous votes without having to scroll back. Or maybe like a way to tag a message and add it to your notes for later if you think it's important.

you probably could have it read command votes much like Warbot does for ranked confirmation from players who lose.

m!voteplayer {insert tag here}

that'd also get people's attention to actually go to game. 

• Upvote 1