Sign in to follow this  
Paraliel

Burn Variants Discussion

+Paraliel+    8014

This thread will serve all Burn deck discussion (for PvP / tournament etc. purposes, not for beating AI). A more thorough guide will be added within a few days, but for now we can use this to discuss anything about the deck.

Faint    5668

I''ll start this off.

There are 4 burn variants that I think are somewhat relevant.

1. Tea Burn

Using the skill "Duel, Standby!" each player starts with 5 cards. The reason this has become relevant again is due to 1 card: Elemental Hero Bubbleman. With 3 bubbleman, 3 card of sanctity...you can get out of the "no hand" scenarios and just burn away for the FTK. It isn't quite consistent enough to be tier 1 but it's so cunty to go up against.

2. Right Back At You

Using Marik and his skill "Right back at you" with Inaba White Rabbit you can inflict like 1800 per attack. Combine that with the likes of Lava Golem, and LP help like Aegis of Gaia and Supremacy Berry- that's super difficult to stop.

3. Odion trap burn

uUsing Odion and the skill "Chain Reaction" - this is becoming increasingly popular (coffin seller being key). CA decks send lots of cards to the grave to re-use them and are generally weak vs traps, so if you max out on protection traps then this becomes a very very strong anti-meta choice - it is in my opinion the best variant of burn right now (albeit expensive to build considering you probably need 3 floodgate) - it does struggle for consistency though.

4. Parasite Burn

The oldest burn in the book. Problem with parasite is that it can be slow in a fast meta...but if you draw right it is very difficult to get around considering the huge amount of protection cards now available

I think Odion chain reaction burn is the best at the moment, but there's certainly potential with Right Back at You. Traps like walls, floodgates etc have really helped the burn archetype atm and made it relevant prior to the KC Cup

mark    3104

Those builds are largely outdated / inferior, even if you’ll still face them in lower ranks of PvP

The more recent burn deck, made to beat Cyber Angels etc, that actually sees use in high level tournament / warring play, looks like this:

Skill: Destiny Draw 

Monsters: 1 Lava Golem, X Amazoness Swords Woman (optional: Sphere Kuriboh. Optional: 1 Skystarray)

Spells: ;1 or 2 each ( Mask of the Accursed, Enemy Controller )

Traps: 3 Massivemorphs, X life gain cards and X stall cards 

They mainly just stall. use lifegain and Destiny draw to search out lava golem / swordswoman and then just win if you leave out 2 monsters or dakini by crashing into it. You can counter that by summoning 1 small guy at a time and playing around d draw which is probably the optimal way to play against this, but then your damage output per turn is low and it’s still hard to win

Parasite Infestation is also sometimes used instead of Destiny Draw, however with a similar build 

(This deck is significantly worse against non-CA decks, but against CA it should pretty much auto-win most of the time)

+Paraliel+    8014

I don't think the massivemorph deck auto wins vs CA now that 3 Absolute Ritual is meta. You can just deck them out.

mark    3104
1 hour ago, Paraliel said:

I don't think the massivemorph deck auto wins vs CA now that 3 Absolute Ritual is meta. You can just deck them out.

How?

+Paraliel+    8014
26 minutes ago, mark said:

How?

You just keep shuffling back with Absolute Ritual.

mark    3104
Just now, Paraliel said:

You just keep shuffling back with Absolute Ritual.

How would you not run out of LP before then?

Between Swordswoman, Accursed, Lava Golem and Skystarray, I don’t see how you’d survive that long 

+Paraliel+    8014
42 minutes ago, mark said:

How would you not run out of LP before then?

Between Swordswoman, Accursed, Lava Golem and Skystarray, I don’t see how you’d survive that long 

You can play around Swordswoman and you just tribute the Golem/Accursed cards

dexer008    805

I ran into a pretty interesting/ what I think good variant of burn that's been going around;

Destiny Draw
2 Lava Golem

3 Skystaray

1 Inanaba White Rabbit

1 Needle Ball

3 Temple of the Mind's Eye

3 Massive Morph

3 Enchanted Javelin

2 Draining Shield

1 Rainbow Life

1 Golden Apples 

This is pretty much what the buzz has been circulating as of late, temple makes it you can last longer and now skyrar and rabbit deal 1000 with each atk, making games end quicker.

I don't have destiny draw yet and am missing many good lifepoint gain cards, so instead I went with balance which has been really working well, it gets rids of the dead hands I'd sometimes was having when drawing multiple monsters or multiple spells. I've also been using backup squad as a draw engine, because like chain burn i find once you've exhausted all your stall cards you kind of just lose to the onslaught of attacks that are about to come at you, and allows me to get to lava golem quicker cause I can't rely of destiny draw to do that for me. Doom dog has come to mind as well for that, but anymore monsters will probably make balance worse, and would have to rely on something like restart or go with parasite then.

Inti    78

New variant of burn has recently been popular in pvp and its Paradox Burn since you can summon a Gate Guardian Piece for free with the skill.

This what I seen most variants look like

Skill:Three-Star Demotion

Monsters:8-10

0-1x Amazoness Swordswoman 

0-1x Inaba 

2x Lava Golem

3x Sanga 

0-2

3x Sujin

Spells:3-6

1x Ante

1-2x Burning Land

1-2x Mask of The Accursed 

0-3x Stray Lambs 

Traps:6-8

0-1x Curse of Anubis/Windstorm of Etaqua.

3x Floodgate Trap Hole

2x Draining Shield

3x Massive Morpha