Paraliel

Ancient Gears Discussion

beast is still nice for the occasional rogue like weevil burn or mill, but otherwise i see more benefit now to playing a golem focused deck

as for Pulse Mines, yeah rn its outclassed by windstorm due to CA meta but its still something to pick up for the future and keep an eye on. 

mark    3104

Pulse mines is way better than the alternatives such as Windstorm unless when you brick 

idgi, you chain it to dakini eff and it’ll send everything to defense even if they summon shit afterwards... so it’s chainable to s/t Destruction too before they even summoned shit

i feel like you guys are sleeping on this card 

so with KC cup coming again in feb and my only current meta relevant deck being AG (also just got crowler to 35 for 2nd golem) is the deck still good? i know 3SD ninjas and CA took a bit of a hit with the skill change and banlist, and i dont see the change to Middle Aged Mechs hurting AG too much. 

the problem is rn idk what the "top" decks are, burn variants and hazys are up there from what i hear and CAs are still pretty strong. 

so how does/can ancient gear still put up a fight? 

their main advantage rn is Golem, 3000/3000, piercing, no s/ts during battle is a lot to handle, it cant be easily specialled but with castle it can easily be tributed, and something like Mecha Phantom Beast Hamstrat can generate enough tokens if you really need to, Knight is still a great early beater, beast might not be as useful anymore and Electro while helpful again could be cut down/out, sphere kuriboh seems like a nice choice as well

+Gemstone Mine    2582

beast should be cut out entirely imo. it wasn't very good with your t1 castle shenaningans, now it's just not worth it at all imo. 2 golem is probably still fine.

otherwise deck is still fine.

so i'm thinking here

2x Golem

3x Knight

2x Sphere Kuriboh

(other monster(s))

1x Castle (i feel like maining one of the lvup rewards is fine even with the skill)

3x Enemy Controller (CA are still huge)

the rest can just be staples, floodgate. disruption, mirror wall, headlong, rare metalmorph is a possible choice. 

+Gemstone Mine    2582

2 golem

3 knight

(?) 2 Solider (burn-related)

3 Electro

3 E-Con (still best magic/trap in game imo)

7-9 traps

for traps, whatever you have, some number of pulse mines are probably correct (hazy mainly, but are generally solid across the board), maybe curse, then generic good stuff, walls, floodgates, w/e you have.

I have doubts with a main-decked castle. Tbh, I don't think it's very good, you take your free golem and go with it. The best argument for it is probably that it lets knights beat over everything hazy has in defense and all of it in attack without beast rising, but idk.

• Upvote 1

+Gemstone Mine    2582

punches through stuff like draining shield and increases your overall monster density, which  means that when they do floodgate/mask/massivemorph a monster, you have more monsters (if you just play 8 offensive monsters, 2 golem/3 knight/ 3 electro, they can just about trade 1 for 1 with all your monsters and shut most of them out, since most play at least 6 immobilizing cards).

It's almost certainly not correct to play them if you don't expect to see burn at all, it's not a very good card, but i would expect to see a lot of burn.

Inti    76

AG will still be a decent deck after the banlist and skill nerf. 

I was thinking something like this for a optimal AG deck.

Skill:Middle Age Mechs

Monsters:8

2x AG Golem 

3x AG Knight 

3x Sergeant Electro

Spells:3

3x Enemy Controller 

Traps:9

3x Floodgate Trap Hole

3x Pulse Mines

3x Rare Metalmorph

i mean that seems good on paper but you have 8 monsters which is a bit low considering burn can 1-1 each of them with massivemorph, mask of the accursed and so forth. 

would curse of anubis + windstorm be appropriate pulse mines replacements? and i only have 2 floodgate what could i replace that with? 

Inti    76
On 1/12/2018 at 3:55 PM, Stomach The MachoPony said:

i mean that seems good on paper but you have 8 monsters which is a bit low considering burn can 1-1 each of them with massivemorph, mask of the accursed and so forth. 

would curse of anubis + windstorm be appropriate pulse mines replacements? and i only have 2 floodgate what could i replace that with? 

Yes if you lack Pulse Mines those cards will do as well and you can replace a Floodgate with either a SRH, Metalmorph, Mirror Wall, Wall of Disruption, etc.