Paraliel

Ancient Gears Discussion

+Paraliel+    8117

This thread will serve all Ancient Gears deck discussion (for PvP / tournament etc. purposes, not for beating AI). A more thorough guide will be added within a few days, but for now we can use this to discuss anything about the deck.

• Upvote 1

Faint    5720

This is my ancient gear deck, not really tested it but yeah I think the best way to do it is to mix with electro

2230b63e6249c40e364def3f336f27bbff0de454

• Upvote 1

+mark    3096

Yeah, Sergeant Electro is definitely very good in this

Faint    5720

If I had a 3rd electro id defo have it in for the twin barrell

• Upvote 1

+mark    3096
38 minutes ago, Faint said:

If I had a 3rd electro id defo have it in for the twin barrell

Have you tried maining a Castle(Despite using it as the skill) and 2x the LV8 guy (if you have it yet)? 

Faint    5720

My issue with castle is that its a slow card in a fast meta and i fear bricking, i mifht try it though

• Upvote 1

got to lv10 in KC cup with a similar build. electro and beast are certainly key players. a mained castle could brick a fair bit i would think, as would a pair of golem. golem is more of a winmoar card. if you can get it out more power to you that thing is almost impossible to stop in the current meta short of mountain backed blue-eyes. but really with electro, knight and beast you should win fairly consistently without it. in fact out of all my games i played, i drew golem like twice and only got it out once. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3096

This deck should 100% play 2 golem 

its like the only threatening play this deck has lol 

+mark    3096
3 minutes ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

got to lv10 in KC cup with a similar build. electro and beast are certainly key players. a mained castle could brick a fair bit i would think, as would a pair of golem. golem is more of a winmoar card. if you can get it out more power to you that thing is almost impossible to stop in the current meta short of mountain backed blue-eyes. but really with electro, knight and beast you should win fairly consistently without it. in fact out of all my games i played, i drew golem like twice and only got it out once. 

Ninja’d me, didnt see this post when I posted 

i cant speak about AG vs the field, but from the PoV of a CA player (and likely REZ and Ninja and GB are similar here): just get a 2400+ guy out and you win. These builds don’t play Metalmorph either, I really don’t understand how you win without golem or anything (I guess rare Metalmorph + beast works, but rare Metalmorph sucks vs CA. Its fine if you don’t have floodgates though) 

i wish I had 3 floodgate because I could play this and not have an awful CA matchup 

The ca match is certainly hardest but otherwise beast is enough to beat most things either backed by castle or rare metalmorph the thing I find mostly is that you can put out big presence faster than others with a castle backed knight or an early beast, 2 golem seems decent on paper but it would nesecitate a maimed castle and possibly smith like hamstrat  to not be frequently dead

Edit: I hate autocorrect 

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony
  • Upvote 1

ok after playing a few games today and losing a couple, 2x golem might not actually be a bad idea. in KC cup especially so far i'm seeing a lot of AG mirrors, a few CA and a bunch of random dragon/spellcaster beat decks with annoying traps to play around, weaker things like beast dont help and electro dosent help against chainable cards like mirror wall and econ. golem would be great in these situations.

i still must emphasize it would require tweaking the deck for golem moreso than the other monsters, hamstrat at the very least would help as would possibly maining a castle. 

• Upvote 1

Inti    123

Idk a Golem in my opinion would be super easy to summon since not many decks are maining spell/trap removal and it really easy to build up counters on it. Though once you use Castle Up the best other way to summon as Stomach mentioned would be Hamstart. Regardless it is a very threatening  card for me as a CA player my only way of getting around it is Econ take then use it as ritual fodder, boost Dakini up by using Idaten as ritual fodder (but then that opens you up to Econ take otks), and summoning Dakini then using its effect. The only reason I can see people not run Golem is it requires you to level up Crowler to lv 35.

Also what are your guys thoughts on Gravity Blaster? In the current meta it seems terrible and not as good as Rare Metalmorph (which is also bad in the current meta. The only good thing about it is you can constantly boost your equipped monster and even if its removed off the field the monster still gets the boost which can pressure the op. Plus being able to negate a monster effect in battle is neat is decent even though Beast takes care of this.

Edited by Inti
  • Upvote 1

its situational, rare metalmorph gives a better initial boost and negates a spell like econ which is honestly more useful. plus buff your monster up too much and you're asking to be OTKed.

dueled a guy the other day buffed his golem up to 4500 (i still had my castle up) i normalled knight, beat his smaller monster and econed to take his golem and OTKed him with his own beefed up monster

• Upvote 2

Faint    5720

rare metalmorph is an absolute essential in AGs. Especially with the amount of econ floating around in the current meta

• Upvote 1

Faint    5720

the problem with AG is that while it is a bit more consistent than CA, it is absolutely completely inferior. you have no choice but to go trap heavy (floodgates, walls etc) and that hurts the survivability (especially if youre going vs a player with mindscan so they can bait all your moves etc)

• Upvote 1

+mark    3096
9 hours ago, Faint said:

rare metalmorph is an absolute essential in AGs. Especially with the amount of econ floating around in the current meta

It sucks vs CA though 

+mark    3096

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact you can splash 2 golem + the skill in non-AG decks as well 

Faint    5720
9 hours ago, mark said:

It sucks vs CA though 

As i said Ag is basically an auto loss vs a good CA deck as it is objectively much worse. But vs the rest of the meta (redz etc) it is viable

• Upvote 1

+mark    3096

nah you can win even if its a bad matchup, cant just disregard the most popular deck lol

i've beaten Mind Scan CA before, its about playing the cards you have at the perfect time and trying to keep their field clear of big hitters, beyond dakini nothing can beat over beast, castle backed knight and not even dakini can beat golem. just make sure you have a trap or econ set for the inevitable Dakini play (does anyone else find it hilarious you can econ their dakini and then send it to the gy once its effect resolves because its technically under your control now?)

• Upvote 2

+mark    3096
5 hours ago, knives1990 said:

That’s the entire reason that econ is played guy

Well there’s also econ take OTK’s, which are absolutely insane 

Inti    123

A notable card that is coming out from the Espa Roba event is Pulse Mines that is basically a one sided curse of Anubis/stumbling for attack positions monsters if you control a machine monsters. It seems meh in the current meta with Dakini around and outclassed by Windstorm,Floodgate,WoD (which is debatably considered not very good anymore with AGs and GBs making it obsolete) etc. Though if you lack those cards it seems decent and make AGs more budget friendly. 

Pulse Mines

Normal Trap 

If you control a Machine monster: Change your opponent's Attack Position monsters (if any) to Defense Position, also, until the end of this turn, if a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent's field, change them to Defense Position.