Sign in to follow this  
Paraliel

Duel Links News - Whats Next

mark    3104

A trick up the sleeve adds dmoc but eh, you’d prob want three star demotion instead 

card shuffle is cool for farming despite being OPT

does master of Magicians add from your deck or outside of your deck? If it adds from your deck it’s a worse d draw 

show of nightmares may have potential but prob sucks 

• Upvote 1

Inti    74
On 11/22/2017 at 4:05 PM, mark said:

A trick up the sleeve adds dmoc but eh, you’d prob want three star demotion instead 

card shuffle is cool for farming despite being OPT

does master of Magicians add from your deck or outside of your deck? If it adds from your deck it’s a worse d draw 

show of nightmares may have potential but prob sucks 

I assume Master of Magicians is outside of the deck since Dark Magic Expand is not in DL. 

• Upvote 1

Just in case you guys didnt see it, a ton of updates coming through to january.

New D.D. Tower on wed, probably the Water one we've heard about

Yami marik confirmed for Early Dec

a new duel a thon in mid december with a new legendary duelist to unlock with it, the text heavily implying Bonz

Yami Bakura coming to the gate mid december

new Duelist Chronicles event set in Battle City with a new legendary duelist unlockable from it, heavy implication of Arkana (makes sense with the datamined skills)

New character in early january presumably Zane going by the quote also not confirmed unlockable

1yr global release celebration in mid january

Tag duel event in january

• Upvote 3

Faint    5571

New mini box december 1st including 6 sam, cyber harpie.

Idk if cyber can realistically make harpies competitive again due to ca being so good still, but makes them a bit more viable in a backrow heavy meta.

6 sam though for fuck saje

mark    3104

My first thoughts 

Six Samurai

2 Enishi

3 Powerful Rebirth

3 Zanji

2-3 Yaichi

1-2 Hand of the Six Samurai

X samurai

X backrow (floodgate+inou synergy is there)

Enishi is just better than Shogun, but you can’t play > 2 cause you won’t have enough fodder to special it twice 

Powerful Rebirth seems like the best card in the set to me, and can see play in GB or any deck really 

• Upvote 2

Zeppelin    57
6 hours ago, mark said:

My first thoughts 

Six Samurai

2 Enishi

3 Powerful Rebirth

3 Zanji

2-3 Yaichi

X samurai

Enishi is just better than Shogun, but you can’t play > 2 cause you won’t have enough fodder to special it twice 

Powerful Rebirth seems like the best card in the set to me, and can see play in GB or any deck really 

Yeah Powerful Rebirth seems really good in a bunch of control decks GB's being one of them. 

Six Sam's definitely have potential, and I agree Enishi is really bloody good. 

• Upvote 1

Inti    74
8 hours ago, mark said:

My first thoughts 

Six Samurai

2 Enishi

3 Powerful Rebirth

3 Zanji

2-3 Yaichi

X samurai

I think Rebirth and Parallel Twister (Ninjas and Reliquinshed come to mind when it comes to this card) are the best cards in this set. Sams seems to be meh at the moment.

• Upvote 1

mark    3104

I don’t think parallel Twister is good, second is mediocre at second thought 

• Upvote 1

Shadow Lord    268

Samurai seem really slow and we don't have that many traps that really play to their advantages. Currently I don't see a substantial reason to think they're superior to Electro control. Lack of Rota/Smoke Signal also means there's really no tool boxing abilities. Powerful rebirth seems neat but doesn't seem that great in Samurai, it has synergy with hand but other than that your only way of triggering it is via losing your monster to your opponent which doesn't seem viable when none of the samurai float when they die. If we get Kageki/Kizan/Grandmaster they could become a better version of MakoShark but atm I don't see much potential with the current pool of cards.

Parallel Twister might find an application in a farming deck at some point but I have a hard time seeing it being particularly good in a competitive deck. Neos Alius makes hero beat slightly more plausible as a deck, but it really needs stratos/emergency call/honest to be anything relevant. The rest of the cards seem pretty irrelevant, it seems Black Brachios might be added as a pvp reward which would be way better than Sabersaurus, and there really isn't room for both in Dino Control.

• Upvote 3

Inti    74
53 minutes ago, mark said:

I don’t think parallel Twister is good, second is mediocre at second thought 

In any other deck no but I think it will shine in Relinquinshed and maybe Ninjas since there backrow can sometimes clog. Rebirth now that I think about is not that great in the current meta though its cute with beatdown and the Mokuba skill Monstermorph: Evolution. In the future it could be nutty if syns come out.

Outside of that the only relevant meta cards seem to be

SRs

Fire Formation-Gyokkou (A spell version of Electro that gives Beast Warriors a boost)

Rs

Fire King Barong (add consistency to Phoenix and could increase its popularity in pvp though yes at the moment that deck is shitty)

Ns

Hazy Flame Cerberus

Hazy Flame Mantikor

Cards that maybe have potential in the future maybe

Harpies Dancer: Only if they get the skill unnerfed maybe.

Neos Alius: If we get Gemini Spark, Hero Blast, and Honest this could be a meta deck.

Sams:To slow at the moment and could be good if they get more support. 

Farming

Elemental Hero Neos Knight 

• Upvote 2

Zeppelin    57
6 minutes ago, Inti said:

In any other deck no but I think it will shine in Relinquinshed and maybe Ninjas since there backrow can sometimes clog. Rebirth now that I think about is not that great in the current meta though its cute with beatdown and the Mokuba skill Monstermorph: Evolution. In the future it could be nutty if syns come out.

Outside of that the only relevant meta cards seem to be

SRs

Fire Formation-Gyokkou (A spell version of Electro that gives Beast Warriors a boost)

Rs

Fire King Barong (add consistency to Phoenix and could increase its popularity in pvp though yes at the moment that deck is shitty)

Ns

Hazy Flame Cerberus

Hazy Flame Mantikor

Cards that maybe have potential in the future maybe

Harpies Dancer: Only if they get the skill unnerfed maybe.

Neos Alius: If we get Gemini Spark, Hero Blast, and Honest this could be a meta deck.

Sams:To slow at the moment and could be good if they get more support. 

Farming

Elemental Hero Neos Knight 

Ninja's use their on field traps and spells to use as fodder for BDN effect. You shouldn't be using parallel twister in ninjas. 

Edited by Zeppelin
  • Upvote 3

mark    3104

Well, that was easy 

Fairy’s Smile is broken too

528088D4-2691-4B7F-85D8-F8D593510885.png

F5838EC4-F153-4B10-A89F-6820229FC048.png

6A5D509D-BDFF-4060-B820-C09FF998B561.png

• Upvote 3

Inti    74

Very easy and meh filler event. I auto dueled the rest of it and then destroyed the tower floors with CAs. I mighty try to get more copies of the fire elemental lord for collection purposes. 

I swear like almost every time I went first against Ice Barriers against the tower npcs they always opened Triangle. 

Someone should really make a generic thread for stuff like pulls, bragging, event discussion etc. stop us clogging up the news thread

anyway All Missions complete.

VsZqke3pSq6BJlQonzhiTg.png

This is the deck i mostly used with some tweaks here and there for certain decks, and i changed chars completely for some challenges (usually yugi for fusions, pegasus for low level/rituals and ishizu for recovering LP)

Note: the deck was different before the addition of the new mini box, containing some lower levelled monsters like blazing inpachi and heavy knight of the flame along with 3x Hypogriff and additional econ/headlong

4k4nIdRCRViso0gfx24luQ.png

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony
  • Upvote 1

Latest update info tells us Marik returns on thursday (7th) and "Completing this event will reward a card of unmatched power". which all but confirms Winged Dragon of Ra, the question is how. ra on its own would be far too week, sphere mode might be a little too strong, the only possible thing i could see is maybe making it an exclusive skill for marik that can summon sphere mode under strict conditions. 

+Gojira    1702
14 minutes ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

Latest update info tells us Marik returns on thursday (7th) and "Completing this event will reward a card of unmatched power". which all but confirms Winged Dragon of Ra, the question is how. ra on its own would be far too week, sphere mode might be a little too strong, the only possible thing i could see is maybe making it an exclusive skill for marik that can summon sphere mode under strict conditions. 

I expect it to be good old underwhelming Ra. It's still an actual God card, so people will be excited.

Inti    74

Well you could use regular Ra with the Skill Access Denied but even that is kinda meh and its effect is to risky and requires 3 tributes.