Paraliel

Duel Links News - Whats Next

Zane is here and his rewards are bleh. i mean the deck has potential once we get the better support (would Drei really have been too strong?) but right now not much, overdragon is near impossible to get out strong without fusion support. there's no other fusions, there's no vanilla cyber dragon and laser/barrier are jokes. at least Repair Plant got in. 

dexer008    805

There's suppose to be a new set out tomorrow, much like gold series is irl, which features a bunch of reprints of good meta cards and some new cards thrown into the game as well, making it super f2p and new player friendly;

image.png?width=271&height=514
image.png?width=269&height=515
image.png
image.png
20180109162426_1.jpg?width=914&height=51

Edited by dexer008

dexer008    805

TBH I'm not sure, was made aware of this reddit thread by a youtube video. Like you i haven't seen any other sources confirming this, and you'd think with the date so close that Konami would have already announced it coming up on the app and made a web page for it, so take what i said as likely fake sorry. 

+Gemstone Mine    2590

i think the info comes from a fairly reliable source, so it's very possible it is true (read: not gamea)

also, at some point, someone got screenshots (either datamined or accidently put up by konami before being taken down) of several of the cards allegedly reprinted having the new box under the how to obtain tab in addition to the old box.

Faint    5721

selection box is bullshit

Inti    79

The selection box is good for beginner duelist and for older duelist that don't want to dig older boxes for certain old URs/SRs. The only downside is its not going to be around for long and I was originally going to make a post about how BS it is that it has new cards in it but then I realized it said those cards are going to be reprinted in something else in the future.

IRLAlex    116

Can only buy 15 selection box packs with gems.

Bullshit.

1500 gems on the other hand is nice nontheless.

• Upvote 1

Nex    52

so don't bother with selection box? Have about 2.5k gems that are expiring end of the month not counting the 1.5k we just got curious if I should blow it on a few of these packs or another set. I am missing final copies of a lot of the URs but I dread pulling more red-eyes zombie dragons or the other SRs. 

• Upvote 1

ehh dupes are always more super gems for the trader.

speaking of supers, idk what to use my tickets on. there's nothing SR that i want/need 

dexer008    805

Just pick up some random stuff then for decks that you may feel incline for the future.

Well I guess the info was true, once I looked in the reddit thread actually it had people vouching for the source lol. Pretty annoying the box is limited to 15 packs free and the rest is pay to have access to stuff early. I spent $10 for the extra 6 packs but I think thats all I'll be doing. I picked up some nice additions though, first and second pack was thestalos and kunai, finally picked up a 2nd mirror wall, and also got some decent supers like a third order to charge and the fire vassal. Maybe I should have reset the box as I have 5 packs left I can use gems on, and would be nice if I could pull that 2nd thestalos or kunai, but highly unlikely. 

dexer008    805
1 hour ago, Nex said:

so don't bother with selection box? Have about 2.5k gems that are expiring end of the month not counting the 1.5k we just got curious if I should blow it on a few of these packs or another set. I am missing final copies of a lot of the URs but I dread pulling more red-eyes zombie dragons or the other SRs. 

TBH if it were me I would, there's a good chance you can pick up those final copies of URS, and like macho said anything you pull can be converted to stones, not ideal but its a silver lining to pulling stuff you already have. 

Nex    52

well went for it and of course I pull both red-eyes zombie dragons and only 1 UR being kunai, love my luck

Inti    79

I decided to try the 15 pack gem deal and my results where Dark Horus,Mecha Phantom Beast Hamstrat,Senju (3rd one),Sonic Bird (my 4th one), Gaia fusion retrain, Double Cyclone,By Order of the Emperor, Kunai with Chain, Magic Drain, 2x Planet Pathfinder (helps my farming), and a few other repeat SRs I already had. 

Edited by Inti

Inti    79

More info about the Tag Duels https://ygorganization.com/duel-links-tag-tournament-details-v-jump/

There will be a lottery

Cards shown

Evilswarm Salamandra

Unity

Info about the Tag Partners 

Yami Yugi is the partner for new players, titled as Normal.

Joey Wheeler is listed as the partner for players looking for a challenge, titled as Hard.

Seto Kaiba is listed as the partner for players who really know their stuff, titled as Master.

Regular Yugi is a permeant Gate Duelist.

i was expecting SO much more. what the fuck konami? 

"collect items" progression system because every fucking event needs one, seriously why couldnt they have just made it an actual campaign like the towers? 

terrible rewards from the already bullcrap Lottery drawing system

and the hardest difficulty, giving the most reward. is locked until next monday. WHAT!?

even on "hard" mode with joey, the duels are pathetically easy with any sort of decent backrow and some beatstick monsters, you dont even need a top level competitive deck, i beat kaiba/yugi with Mai using a poorly built wind beat deck with cyber harpie, sky scout and sonic duck. 

yeah we knew about that since like november. i shudder to think what it could be though. XYZ is already in, so is the bulk of the ojama and Armed Dragon/LV support, unless they give us A and C (or god forbid ABC) i dont see much else Chazz could bring to the table that he didnt already. 

Inti    79

Chazz is confirmed for the duel a thon in Early February and the KC Cup will happen probably after the Chazz event. 

Mid February:

Espa Roba will make a return with new cards.

Mokuba and Bonz will be regular gate duelist.

Dr.Crowler's gate event will return with new cards

Late February:

Duel Island: New event eliminate duelist decks from around the world.

Early March:

New Character coming to the duel world. "Hey guys, wait up for me!"

Most likely Tristain.

Edited by Inti

Faint    5721
On 24/01/2018 at 1:40 PM, Stomach The MachoPony said:

i was expecting SO much more. what the fuck konami? 

"collect items" progression system because every fucking event needs one, seriously why couldnt they have just made it an actual campaign like the towers? 

terrible rewards from the already bullcrap Lottery drawing system

and the hardest difficulty, giving the most reward. is locked until next monday. WHAT!?

even on "hard" mode with joey, the duels are pathetically easy with any sort of decent backrow and some beatstick monsters, you dont even need a top level competitive deck, i beat kaiba/yugi with Mai using a poorly built wind beat deck with cyber harpie, sky scout and sonic duck. 

Loads of gems tho

IRLAlex    116

Honestly was having trouble with Yugis, looked through library and lo and behold three ready for intercepting.

Good god what is this asscrap? Armed Dragon LV10, VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon, the other Armed Dragons we could already farm off regular Chazz, and some weaker and honestly pretty bad monsters and a pathetic trap? 

like, i was expecting something decent, not this crap.