Paraliel

Duel Links News - Whats Next

Faint    5721
2 hours ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

Good god what is this asscrap? Armed Dragon LV10, VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon, the other Armed Dragons we could already farm off regular Chazz, and some weaker and honestly pretty bad monsters and a pathetic trap? 

like, i was expecting something decent, not this crap. 

yeah this is a REALLY shitty event, right before KC cup as well

at least duel meter is back for lots of gems i guess

Shadow Lord    268

Konami has been extremely hesitant about adding actually strong drop rewards from roaming duelists ever since Super Joey. I wouldn't expect roaming duelists to have anything game changing, though it would be nice to get some more actually playable cards.

Espa had pulse mines, marik had a 2nd lava golem. (though that was a full event), Bonz had some half decent zombie support and an entirely new deck with Ghostricks. this is just wrong.

like, my roomate was raving "oh they should add in A and C and Union hangar" and i'm thinking "how high are you right now bro?" but looking at how crap these rewards are, i would WELCOME A or C in the game. like seriously WHO is going to EVER run VWXYZ? IF (and thats a big IF) you decide for some ungodly reason to run a union based deck, XYZ is the biggest monster you'd bother with, you certainly wouldnt have room for V and W after adding X, Y, Z and B 

Shadow Lord    268

Ghostricks are trash other than yuki-ona which is a level up reward. And exactly what playable zombie support did bonz have other than his skills and zombie world (another level up reward)? Espa had a couple okay cards but nothing meta defining, pulse mines is substantially better than the average roaming duelist reward but even it is really nothing to write home about.

Inti    79

Only good card from this event is Lancer Lindwurm due it being 2300 under the Quick As Wind Skill. Also other changes they made was making drop skill obtainable in pvp casual/ranked and duplicate skills will no longer drop (which sucks for ftp).

New datemine has revealed the next pack to be Abyss Encounters as well as the deck loaner/puzzles for the set https://pastebin.com/raw/pnstKf1C

Cards revealed so far 

Archfiend Emperor, the First Lord of Horror

Citadel Whale

Desrook Archfiend

Duoterion

Gishki Beast

Terrorking Archfiend

Axe of Fools 

Call of the Archfiend

Edited by Inti

Faint    5721

so basically nothing decent or meta changing is happening before kc cup

now to decide how to spend my 8k gems... worth going for the 2nd/3rd floodgates? hmm...

Zeppelin    57

I don't think call of the archfiend is anything to scoff at. 

Inti    79
11 hours ago, Faint said:

so basically nothing decent or meta changing is happening before kc cup

now to decide how to spend my 8k gems... worth going for the 2nd/3rd floodgates? hmm...

Well the Box could easily have Gishki rituals and the Chess Archfiends (assuming they have some of their newer monsters) have potential. Its a bit early to say since not much has been revealed about the new set.

the one thing i'm hoping for is either Espa comes with pulse mines drop again, or it gets added as a ticket reward. i need it for Ancient Gear 

Faint    5721
11 hours ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

the one thing i'm hoping for is either Espa comes with pulse mines drop again, or it gets added as a ticket reward. i need it for Ancient Gear 

no good AG build has pulse mines lol

my AG build is this:

2 ancient gear golem

1 ancient gear beast

3 sergent electro

3 ancient gear knight

1 man eater bug (interchangable with sphere kuriboh but i prefer having the set and trib option)

3 econ

2 forbidden chalice (essential vs CA/GB)

1 cosmic cyclone

3 wall of disruption

1 floodgate

if I had 3 floodgate id probably play 3/1 with WoD instead of 1/3

Inti    79
8 hours ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

still running beast eh? thought people cut that shit 

Well most tournament builds have but Beast is good in pvp for random rogue decks and burn.

Inti    79
23 hours ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

Well they never removed old cards from roaming and if the datemine is true about his new drop cards Pulse Mine looks to be the only thing in that event.

Inti    79

Espa Roba is back the with only change is he replaced Axon Kicker and Psychic Shockwave with Master Gig,D.D. Telepon, and Psychic Overload to his drop card list. Best thing I would say from the event is the new mat/sleeves outside of that its Super Chazz 2.0

Edited by Inti

Faint    5721

event sucks, focus on kc cup

• Upvote 1

i mean duel him every time he shows up for mission at least and if you missed Pulse Mines last time its here again for your Machine decks. 

Inti    79

More info about the new Abyss Encounter set coming soon. https://ygorganization.com/theencounteratatlantis/

Cards revealed. 

Abyss Soldier 

Citadel Whale 

Spined Gillman 

The Legendary Fisherman II

Warrior of Atlantis 

Water Dragon Cluster

Sea Stealth Attack

Edited by Inti

Shadow Lord    268

Spined Gilman is neat for Hammer Shark, could make that deck semi-playable again. 2300 Shark + 1900 Gilman with mako's ability. Alternatively could use Bastion's ability for a 2600 Shark and 2200 Gilman with cyclones. Probably not strong enough for serious play unless there's more really good cards for it in the pack.

Faint    5721

I expect some kind of s/t powercreep, we haven't had one for a while

37 minutes ago, Faint said:

I expect some kind of s/t powercreep, we haven't had one for a while

They could honestly put book of moon in duel links. Better do it now while gx world is relatively fresh, before it becomes a post-5Ds world staple

Edited by Literal Bastard
Spelling

Faint    5721
45 minutes ago, Literal Bastard said:

They could honestly put book of moon in duel links. Better do it now while gx world is relatively fresh, before it becomes a post-5Ds world staple

i dont see book of moon being that bad at all. it slows the game down, enables flip flop ctrl to become a thing (with Man eater bug and hanehane both at UR i dont mind at all)