Sign in to follow this  
Paraliel

Off Meta Deck Discussion

+Paraliel+    8010

This thread is for all the decks that currently splash into the meta without representing too much of the meta as a whole (Hazy Flame, Dinos, Psychics, Mill currently are good examples).

mark    3104

If konami ever releases a LV1 machine Dark monster, I’m breaking the fuck out of this deck (transmodify)

3 into the void is extemely strong as well, and there are prob better draw engines than red stone but I just threw together what I have 

can play econ / tribute to the doomed to still make king going 2nd but I think going 2nd is just tough, may be better to play backrow hate and just OTK them with blue eyes ultimate or some econ take play  

FDBEE139-D92A-4DD8-9A08-49DE29351F1E.png

632E46F4-DE81-4494-BCD2-C674331525CA.png

C3DAD012-E098-429D-B778-A7E95D2E7BCD.png

B72392F4-EA1F-4ABB-B4CB-F61D2F1D957B.png

+Paraliel+    8010

I'd play Cup of Ace if I had it, but this is the version I'm playing currently. I'd also play a 3rd Electro over Jar once I got it.

Tea Extra Deck.JPG

Tea Main Deck.JPG

Nex    52
1 hour ago, mark said:

If konami ever releases a LV1 machine Dark monster, I’m breaking the fuck out of this deck (transmodify)

3 into the void is extemely strong as well, and there are prob better draw engines than red stone but I just threw together what I have 

can play econ / tribute to the doomed to still make king going 2nd but I think going 2nd is just tough, may be better to play backrow hate and just OTK them with blue eyes ultimate or some econ take play  

Thanks for posting this lol ran into someone trying this but I was using REZ so he popped my gozuki with tribute and I replaced it with samurai skull to stop him from clogging my zones. 

Edited by Nex

well he beat me fairly quickly but from what i understand he used Red-eyes and the monstermorph-evolution skill to transform it into gandora the dragon of destruction. transmodify can do this too but a skill seems more reliable. Gandora normally destroys itself after being normal summoned, but special summoning it from the deck keeps it around to power up every time it wipes the board by paying half your current LP.

this skill along with transmodify could be used creatively i feel though other uses escape me as of yet. 

+Gojira    1703

that seems interesting. Probably not good competitively, but maybe for farming? Something to keep an eye on at least.

Also might see use as a skill for Venus decks.

mark    3104

Monstermorph evolution into Gandora is a thing 

the skill is monstermorph evolution, the deck is like a vanilla red eyes deck + gandora

it’s just a fun deck though 

mark    3104

It could work, but since you need to lose 1500 LP first I think it’s too slow. You need Venus T1 to keep up with the meta, and I think restart + 2/3 transmodify is the best way to achieve that. Or Switcheroo with cosmic Cyclones. 

• Upvote 1

mark    3104

If you want try Switcheroo I think you need 3 transmodify though, maybe even a Venus - psychic hybrid with serene witch and Psychokenesis? It would prob be bad though, and I’m not sure if there’s any way to lose 1000 lp that you’d actually want to play, outside of cosmic cyclone which you’ll have 0-1 copies of I’m sure 

Inti    75
2 hours ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

so with the addition of Medium of the Ice Barrier. does this make them any more viable? or are the generals still better with Magic Triangle

It gives Ice Barriers a slight boost and does not really change the deck or make them viable. Espically since Sams have a better version of Medium and its still considered bad. The only thing it has over Shien is Triangle. 

ok i've been having great fun shredding the D.D tower with a Hazy Flame deck, initially just using sphynx and hippogrif, but now it has new toys i was wondering if it was at all viable? i mean its immune to some of the most annoying cards in the game, notably Enemy Controller. its not hard to summon them out now with Hazy Glory and things like Sphynx and Peryton can swarm them fairly quickly. 

now granted their biggest weakness is non targetting removal and most monsters with 2200+ atk (AKA cyber angel in a nutshell) which makes me wonder.

so what could a Hazy Flame deck do?

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony

+Gojira    1703

Hazy is definitely viable right now, not tier one though. The best build runs 3 Soul exchange, but you can build a budget version with the continuous trap that will still do fine on ladder i think

ok i just pulled off a pretty easy OTK (in the vein of Naturia and the like), could be something to try.

Field: Hazy Glory

Hand: Hazy Flame Peryton, Hazy Flame Sphynx

Normal peryton, tribute + discard sphynx, get sphynx + mantikor/hypogrif. use sphynx, call mill right to revive 1st sphynx, you have 6000 on board with sphynx + mantikor totalling 4100 alone so you can take out a <1900 monster with sphynx first if you need to.

the thing i was wondering most of all is Beatdown VS Aroma Strategy. Beatdown especially with peryton seems like a good idea now since you can swarm high levels quickly, but Aroma Strategy guarantees the Sphynx call any time so you can keep special summoning consistently. 

Most of the decks i've seen so far seem to be focused on sphynx and nothing else with stuff like electro for lockdown and molten zombie for drawing. some occasionally ran hippogrif. this was before the new Mini Box though which as well as the trap also gave us Ceberus (summonable without tribute, searcher) Peryton (tribute self + Discard fire for 2x Hazy from deck) and Mantikor (2200 beater, immune to non targetting destruction by sending fire from field or hand on top of usual immune to targetting)

plus the Trap which allows 1. summons with no tribute and 2. recycling of hazy monsters if you really need it.

i mean its difficult to build it consistently you need to figure out which monsters to use as well as which (if any) low level monsters you want (i mean theoretically with cerberus and soul exchange do you need low levels?) i've been running Golden Apples to some decent effect, but its just deciding what to use and what to use with them

this is what i've been using rn and when it works, it works like hell but when it bricks it has nothing to come back with

3x Sphynx

2x Peryton

2x Cerberus

2x Mantikor

1x Soul Exchange (pulling for more)

2x Super Rush Headlong

2x Enemy Controller (could swap 1 SRH for another controller)

2x Floodgate Trap Hole

2x Golden Apples

3x Hazy Glory

dexer008    804

Just run 8-9 monsters, 10 is too much and will cause clogging in hands. Stuff like Mirror Wall and Wall of Disruption might be better then Golden apples as Hazy Flames can't beat anything over 2200 usually unless like you said they use beatdown, aroma strategy however means you can guarantee the swarming. 

so something like

3x Spyhnx

2x Peryton

2x Mantikor

2x Cerberus

1-3 (depending on what you have) Soul Exchange

1-3 Hazy Glory

Mirror Wall

Wall of Disruption

any other meta backrow (floodgate, econ, headlong) 

see this is the problem, you reallly struggle for space, with 9 monsters, 3x soul exchange and a couple of beast rising, you have only 6 open spots for econ, headlong, hazy glory if you think you need it. floodgate, disruption, mirror wall and anything else you might want. 

Inti    75

Well Gemini's got a bit of a boost from Gemini Summoner and I think it gave the deck a significant boost to the beatdown/control version of the deck. This is my idea for the deck so far 

Skill:Balance/Restart/Duel Standby

Monsters:12

3x Ancient Gear Knight

2x Chemicritter Carbo Crab  

3x Gemini Summoner 

3x Heavy Knight 

1x Poly-Chemicritter Dioxogre

Spells:6

3x Enemy Controller

3x Supervise 

Traps:2

2x Birthright

dexer008    804

Guys, I found the new meta = 

Thro-tro Burn

3 Agent of Venus

3 Man Thro-Tro

3 Shine Ball

3 Into the Void
3 Double Summon

3 Pot of Benevolence 

2 Cup of Ace

I was shown this to me by a god himself in PVP, who went venus and set 3 backrow. Being cautious I waited my time, unbeknownst to me I was about to witness a naked man throw 5 shiny balls in my face for exaclty 4k for game :/ 

• Upvote 1

so with Bonz bringing Ghostrick Witch, Stein and Vanish. is there any viability in them yet?

i mean the one card that could skyrocket them would be Mansion but i'm not sure how fair that would be rn. the biggest weakness i see is that you have no Main Phase 2, so you cant attack then flip them back down for protection via vanish/feint plan

but they could be fun to try.