Sign in to follow this  
mark

“Budget” Cyber Angel post nerf

mark    3105

In a field dominated by CA: 

Senju is way better than Sonic Bird. You can replace Sonic Bird with Sprite’s Blessing (so you can spend gems on Senju and search ritual monsters with Petit), use Restart to compensate for the lack of consistency, but you need Senju or the deck will become significantly worse.

If you don’t have them I’d recommend LV4 beaters (preferably Fairy/Warrior) or LV8 Fairy/Warriors (as tribute fodder, but I actually won a mirror once off resolving D-Hero Plasma). It will have problems though: you wont be able to open with 2 monsters in the mirror (and be weak to dakini otk’s if you don’t open e-cons) and the consistency will be way lower as well despite restart. 

I havent tested the build below but I think it should be pretty good. The only change is if you’re in a backrow heavy dominated meta, that you may want to use Mind Scan instead (although Extermination/Xing Zhen Hu also come in packs, they are both good vs backrow heavy decks, extermination especially when combined with mind scan)

A lot of people also use Skelengel. I think it’s only playable if the field doesn’t exist off CA / Ninja (who will just kill you) but it’s not on the top of my list, because it’s too slow for a deck as fast as this. 

881D828A-8D36-41DD-B049-5182B7CD74F2.png

• Upvote 1

mark    3105

It also wouldn’t hurt to already play a LV8 or a LV4 beater instead of a 3rd e-con or the 2nd Sprite’s Blessing (especially if you don’t have 3 e-con yet, you may want to do that)

Faint    5847

I feel like you're missing a trick not having traps alongside econs

Floodgate has helped me so much in the mirror when I don't open an econ

I have bird over senju, but only because I don't have a 2nd senju and have no intention to dig for it

Faint    5847

Also the lack of spell shield type 8 is foolhardy at best, idiotic at worst. That is literally the best card for CA, purely because it protects vs econ. Plus if you have the 2nd petit angel then alexuis is already 38 so you should have spell shield

mark    3105

I think E-Con is better than traps, but 1-2 traps instead is definitely possible: 

If I had to pick a trap, I’d pick 1-off Wall of Disruption (cheaper to get than floodgate, pretty good vs the field, a lot of people don’t expect it in CA and just play into it)

Floodgate is obviously good in the mirror too

The budget option that’s still very competitive, would be Curse of Anubis 

- Kill their monsters through mirror Wall / disruption (unless disruption puts your guy at 0)

- Chain it to their Disruption to get around it

- Dakini / Benten piercing and burning effs for game 

Type 8 isn’t bad but it’s definitely not necessary to always main it: the problem is going 2nd it’s too slow so you still can’t use dakini’s eff that turn

In general you don’t have to use dakini’s first effect to win most of the time, you do that by the time you have 2 dakini’s and then start trading the 2nd for their backrow continuously, so within this gameplan Type 8 isn’t as necessary as it may seem at first; however being able to block e-con take otk’s is huge. In this build, the e-cons already take care of that though. I guess you could go -1 econ +1 Type 8 if you really wanted to

• Upvote 1

Faint    5847

I think 3econ is essential, you could even lose 1 ritual for a spell sheild though. Getting off dankai witohout risk is too good to pass up if I'm honest as everyone mains 3 econ now to deal with CA, I'm finding myself rarely using Dankai's effect unless I have insurance in spell shield