+mark    3096

Play Balance with 6 GB’s and 2 Chalice (edit; eh just realize you may not have 14 good s/t’s so going 8 GB is probably fine)

If you don’t want that, play Restart with Sphere Kuriboh instead 

I think the other skills arent worth it

Usually you’d run half shut and impenetrable no backrow hate, but given your card pool I guess Ama is ok, or you can hope everyone attacks into your backrow all the time which they prob will

maybe AMA isn’t needed though, I dislike it in GB since the monsters arent strong enough to capitalize on it in the first place 

+mark    3096

If you want to test vs legit decks just make a duel room and play vs people here

both KC cup stage 1 and the ladder are extremely soft 

Nex    65

Just have a question about investing gems. Currently have 1 senju, 1 sonic bird, 2 gozuki, 0 disruption, 1 floodgate, 2 mirror wall been using Ancient Gear so far but don't feel like that's going to cut it in stage 2 so wanted to know if I should invest in a second senju for CAs (down to 80 packs in that set atm), something else for a different deck, or just keep going as is. Currently have 2600 gems. 

• Upvote 2

+mark    3096
7 minutes ago, Nex said:

Just have a question about investing gems. Currently have 1 senju, 1 sonic bird, 2 gozuki, 0 disruption, 1 floodgate, 2 mirror wall been using Ancient Gear so far but don't feel like that's going to cut it in stage 2 so wanted to know if I should invest in a second senju for CAs (down to 80 packs in that set atm), something else for a different deck, or just keep going as is. Currently have 2600 gems. 

I think you want to go for 2 Senju 1 Sonic Bird (1 Sprite’s Blessing) 

Save the additional gems. 3rd senju or 2nd bird will only give a small boost to your consistency, only worth the gems if you really want the optimal build at all costs 

alternatively with 2 gozuki 2 Rez and 2-3 samurai you can play REZ 

• Upvote 2

Nex    65
4 minutes ago, mark said:

alternatively with 2 gozuki 2 Rez and 2-3 samurai you can play REZ 

thought abut REZ but it just didn't feel good to me. Have 2 samurai and enough rezds but when I tried a build I just couldn't get around all the trap spam. Going to assume it was me not playing the deck properly since I've heard a lot of good things about it but if there's a way to address the field of floodgates and disruptions with that deck I'd like to hear it. 

• Upvote 2

+mark    3096

2 AMA or storm

3 econ

1 bacon saver

floodgate isnt so good vs this deck tbh

• Upvote 2

Faint    5720

Yeah knowing that you can play around Econ is so good

Thinking of including saffira tbh, might playtest a bit

• Upvote 2

knives1990    334

I got my 2nd saffira and was liking it with balance/restart but with Mind Scan I think it’s better to either play econs or more senju/birds. Not real sure yet tho

• Upvote 2

Inti    123

I finally made it to stage 20 and it surprisingly only took 3 straight wins though it didn't get it to me when I had 4 straight wins oddly enough. The earlier stages of stage 1 were super easy for me it was mostly starter decks, beatdown, and AGs. Near 17-19 it started to get a bit harder it was mostly AGs, GBs (Most used Holy Guard because a youtube hyped it lol), and other random meta or non meta decks.

KC stage 1.png

Kc Stage 1 Duelist.png

KC Stage 1 Deck .png

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

+Gojira    1732
2 hours ago, Inti said:

I finally made it to stage 20 and it surprisingly only took 3 straight wins though it didn't get it to me when I had 4 straight wins oddly enough. The earlier stages of stage 1 were super easy for me it was mostly starter decks, beatdown, and AGs. Near 17-19 it started to get a bit harder it was mostly AGs, GBs (Most used Holy Guard because a youtube hyped it lol), and other random meta or non meta decks.

KC stage 1.png

Kc Stage 1 Duelist.png

KC Stage 1 Deck .png

damn I'm envious. I have a lot of grinding to do to get there.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Faint    5720

Nice job. I got to like 15 yesterday but my god its a lot of effort

• Upvote 3

dexer008    861

mmm, its not too hard, with a day and a half I'm stage 16 with GB's. The first 10 stages you can climb pretty fast because you only need 1-2 wins in a row to level up (example, winning 5 in a row at the start gets you straight to level 5). 

Oh btw @Zeppelin I tried your build out but.......

Idk this probably sounds bad but I disliked it. I felt it had very little ways to deal damage to seal games quickly, and that would lead to games where the opponent would stall. And having 6 monsters, meant any destruction on them lead to resources dwindling fast. I've been liking the monster line-up to be 3 Laquari, 3 Beastari (the third needed has come up numerous times), 2 Murmillo, with the last spot switching back and forth between Augustus or Sphere kuriboh, depending on what ability I decided to use (restart for Augustus, Mind Scan for Kuriboh).

Also, this is the second deck I've tested out Forbidden Chalice, and I've come to dislike the card. The effect negation is nice, but the 400 atk boost is actually a little relevant in Duel Links when it comes to the lower level monsters, but against decks like Red-Eyes or CA it hardly does anything at all (moreso in the former match-up). It also prevents your monsters from being tagged out, which seems less then ideal. If I were to try a balance build again, I'd consider the 2nd Anti-spell arrows and the 1 Rush Recklessly I own over them, because even though CA is probably going to be pretty common in Stage 2, in Stage 1 I've vsed mostly control/ AG/ GB decks with some sprinkles of randomness (2 of my losses for example were to a Life Cost 0 deck and somehow to Genex >.> ) 

• Upvote 2

Zeppelin    103
6 hours ago, dexer008 said:

mmm, its not too hard, with a day and a half I'm stage 16 with GB's. The first 10 stages you can climb pretty fast because you only need 1-2 wins in a row to level up (example, winning 5 in a row at the start gets you straight to level 5). 

Oh btw @Zeppelin I tried your build out but.......

Idk this probably sounds bad but I disliked it. I felt it had very little ways to deal damage to seal games quickly, and that would lead to games where the opponent would stall. And having 6 monsters, meant any destruction on them lead to resources dwindling fast. I've been liking the monster line-up to be 3 Laquari, 3 Beastari (the third needed has come up numerous times), 2 Murmillo, with the last spot switching back and forth between Augustus or Sphere kuriboh, depending on what ability I decided to use (restart for Augustus, Mind Scan for Kuriboh).

Also, this is the second deck I've tested out Forbidden Chalice, and I've come to dislike the card. The effect negation is nice, but the 400 atk boost is actually a little relevant in Duel Links when it comes to the lower level monsters, but against decks like Red-Eyes or CA it hardly does anything at all (moreso in the former match-up). It also prevents your monsters from being tagged out, which seems less then ideal. If I were to try a balance build again, I'd consider the 2nd Anti-spell arrows and the 1 Rush Recklessly I own over them, because even though CA is probably going to be pretty common in Stage 2, in Stage 1 I've vsed mostly control/ AG/ GB decks with some sprinkles of randomness (2 of my losses for example were to a Life Cost 0 deck and somehow to Genex >.> ) 

Hey Dexter, 

sorry it didn't work out for you, I had a different card pool then you do when I hit KOG with GB's so maybe with what you currently have you can't have the same playstyle I had. For me GB's have never been a beat um down quickly deck, it was always a control-wittle away at their resources type deck. If you want the quick win approach I think you will definitely need to take a different approach. Dimicari can attack twice when tagged in, this can be used to seal games quick, especially when paired with something like a metalmorph. So that may be something. Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be of assistance.   

• Upvote 1

+mark    3096

Chalice is for CA when they use dakini eff 

The deal is more aggressive with more copies of half shut / impenetrable attack 

knives1990    334

Actually trying the past couple days and just got duel lvl max. I switched between saffira, pure with 3 ju 2 bird, and finally pure with less of those and added econs. The final change I made was taking out the 5th ritual spell as mark did and it seemed to make a big difference. With Mind Scan you can’t afford brick hands too often, and the only real way you brick is multiple ritual spells and the inability to ritual summon. Econ being so versatile is really the way to go for sure, I didn’t miss not having backrow removal at all. There were a couple games I lost to rez or cancer shit because they had so many traps but I think those are unavoidable for the most part; they just have the nuts. I finished strong with marks build card for card 

• Upvote 4

+mark    3096

ill go into stage 2 with this

image.png?width=377&height=670

back-up builds:
- restart econs

- mind scan econs

- mind scan extermination

- GB (2 laq 0 floodg but should be ok)

- 9999+ gems, not enough time to learn ninja, can buy 2nd bird, 2nd saffira,  disruption / chalice for GB or try to get 2 Gozuki for REZ if desperate - don't expect it to be necessary though

• Upvote 1

Faint    5720

1 win away from stage 2

Auto loss vs duel links server fuck up

Ffffffffffff

• Upvote 1

dexer008    861

I got cucked 4 times last night to Ancient Gears from being max lv, idk why i just drawing ass, even though on the climb to the ladder I've beaten probably 10 AG decks :/

• Upvote 2

know that feel. i was on lv19 for half a day winning a game or 2 then losing a game or 3 to bullcrap tech cards like twister, old decks i didnt think were still relevant like dino beat or just drawing absolute ass. took me 5 wins in a row to rank up to lv20

• Upvote 1

Nex    65

Not kidding about old decks, ran into harpies of all things and they were Lv 17, other oldies include naturia (Lv. 19) and and a bunch of phoenix. Got my last win for Lv. 20 when the duel links gods smiled upon me and gave me a 25 card ojama deck as my level up game after getting sacked by AG, burn, and glads. 

Edited by Nex
  • Upvote 1