mark

KC Cup

mark    3104
5 hours ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

"what could we do to improve the KC cup"

1. Fix dc = instant loss BS 

2. 100 game cap / day

3. Bo3 with side decking (if so, maybe the cap should be 50) 

the 1 weekend thing isn’t so relevant since there will be 3 KC cups anyway 

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    57

Yeah having a game cap is super relevant. Also you could not hate yourself after the event is over for wasting your entire weekend. 

mark    3104

I don’t mind that since IRL tournaments also require an entire weekend

but really this system just rewards playing 20h/ day which is unhealthy

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    57
15 minutes ago, mark said:

I don’t mind that since IRL tournaments also require an entire weekend

but really this system just rewards playing 20h/ day which is unhealthy

Oh for sure, but even 50 games will take people around 4-6 Hr each day. 

mark    3104

there's nothing wrong with playing 8h / day for a tournament though, if you want a top spot

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    57

I just think it should be based on win percentage, not games

obviously with a cap that you need to hit. 

Edited by Zeppelin

knives1990    262

I agree and congrats on your placement mark, pretty good imo.

i feel like the system in place only gives players with no life a chance, it should slightly resemble a real tournament setting to give everyone an equal opportunity.

I’m not making excuses, I literally just didn’t have time to play this event seriously enough to even attempt to compete. Those who had or made the time should be rewarded more than someone like me. Still though, capping games in some way is needed because even if I was off of work, I’m not going to play 24 hours a day just to give myself an edge over the guy that plays 23 hours a day. There should be SOMETHING alike a game cap or a wait time that must happen between games to deter no lifers from always topping

• Upvote 3

Shadow Lord    268

Ran mind scan CA, I started with my previous build running 2 cyclones 2 econ and swapped to 3 econ 1 cyclone. I'm not sure it actually improved my win rate (i went from around 70% win rate with 2 cyclone to 65% towards the end) but it's hard to say as there are likely other factors affecting my win rate (more mirrors/worse luck/worse play from extended play) but overall the deck was solid and got me to rank 222. I will say I really wanted to switch to restart after throwing some games to terrible decks because I opened stuff like 4 s/ts or 3 s/ts + 1 Dakini (bonus points if it was 3 s/ts not including a ritual spell), but I don't think it would have actually improved my win rate overall as I faced probably 55% backrow decks, 35% mirror, 5% ninja, and 5% gimmick suicide bombers (cyber stein, bubble burn, etc). (Marik is on the rankings because I checked my ranking with him while leveling him) I dc'd about 4 times total so I don't think I had it as bad as some people w/regards to connection issues though it was very annoying when it happened.

Final Win Rate.PNGFinal Ranking.PNGKC Cup deck.PNG

Edited by Shadow Lord
  • Upvote 3

mark    3104

i dc'd 25-30x lol, but my connection sucks admittedly

gj though! definitely agree on cyclone > extermination cause it rapes ninja

• Upvote 2

Shadow Lord    268
3 minutes ago, mark said:

i dc'd 25-30x lol, but my connection sucks admittedly

gj though! definitely agree on cyclone > extermination cause it rapes ninja

Yep, I won at least 3 games vs Ninja with chaining cyclone to their Ninjitsu Art, one time where I could literally only summon a benten (I had  MaR, Dakini, Benten, Econ, Cyclone). The lp cost was relevant a couple times though, mainly in games that dragged on super long due to bricking vs slow decks. But overall I think cyclone is the better card for the interaction with Ninjas and also a couple other clutch plays it can do that NoE can't.

• Upvote 1

Inti    75

Unfortunately I was busy with other stuff in my life but atleast made it and my highest win streak was 15. My highest ranking at one point was 450.

70FE9459-8F42-4CDC-A827-A8A0178724CF.png

ECB58A59-0D65-4D24-8BFF-D97FB9C9AF44.png

2FB1746B-4015-4550-9AC3-FBE5B7EB5632.png

• Upvote 2

CT3000    28

Only played 70 games myself for a 50% win rate, literal coin flip lol so my ranking was trash, like you guys said there's no point in tryharding if you can't or are unwilling to put in the time. Also, I very much feel that MATCHES rather than single duels need to happen for important events. When going 1st vs CA, or 2nd vs Stien cancer is the main reason you lost, something is up with the format. I would go so far as to say that finding time for tourneys made by players is the only real mark for success; you can get KoG the first 24 hours every format, or play 500 games for KC Cup, but it doesn't necessarily show skill level. Maybe I'm just salty or maybe I just want to go back to real yugioh lol. One great thing that came from this is that Ninjas are a top deck, and as sacky as it is to lose to it, they're both fun to watch and are for sure the most skillful top deck the game has seen yet.

Edited by CT3000
  • Upvote 1

mark    3104

if anything a large amount of games reduces luck, but there should be a cap like 100 games / day max or it'll be insane and people have to skip sleep etc

keep in mind everyone made KoG or stage 20, so a high winrate isn't possible unless you're really better than others: you'll only face "good" opponents, next stage will be even more stacked, etc. I think good players could keep a 60-70% winrate in this field - unless you dc'd a lot. 50 games is a small sample size though

stein is gay but actually decent 

imo they should just put a cap, fix the insta loss before you even found an opp, ban stein or king. get real price support, at least gems for top 10 / 100 / 500 / 1000 etc. bo3 or a level system like last time should be considered but weren't the worst problems imo: playing over 100 games reduces a lot of luck. it's just difficult to win a lot vs decent players. 

• Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8010
On 11/20/2017 at 11:35 AM, Shadow Lord said:

Ran mind scan CA, I started with my previous build running 2 cyclones 2 econ and swapped to 3 econ 1 cyclone. I'm not sure it actually improved my win rate (i went from around 70% win rate with 2 cyclone to 65% towards the end) but it's hard to say as there are likely other factors affecting my win rate (more mirrors/worse luck/worse play from extended play) but overall the deck was solid and got me to rank 222. I will say I really wanted to switch to restart after throwing some games to terrible decks because I opened stuff like 4 s/ts or 3 s/ts + 1 Dakini (bonus points if it was 3 s/ts not including a ritual spell), but I don't think it would have actually improved my win rate overall as I faced probably 55% backrow decks, 35% mirror, 5% ninja, and 5% gimmick suicide bombers (cyber stein, bubble burn, etc). (Marik is on the rankings because I checked my ranking with him while leveling him) I dc'd about 4 times total so I don't think I had it as bad as some people w/regards to connection issues though it was very annoying when it happened.

Final Win Rate.PNGFinal Ranking.PNGKC Cup deck.PNG

Same list here except -1 Dakini +1 Sprite's Blessing (only had 2 Dakini)

• Upvote 3

+Paraliel+    8010

Also I did not put in that much time in retrospect and still got my invite, Win Percentage definitely matters.

Keep in mind that people who got 20k qualified, which is 20 wins. Perfectly achievable without no lifing.

• Upvote 2

Faint    5619

i'll be honest i didn't have wifi (just moved house etc) so was using mobile internet, kept getting dqd. people saying it only happened once or twice - lucky you. happened every few games for me. in reality my winning % was probs like 60 to 70, but cos of dqs it showed up as 20 >=(

oh well, good job theres another one coming in like jan/feb

• Upvote 3