+mark    3103

Let’s use this to discuss anything that’s relevant to the KC cup, discuss strategies, ask for advice and help each other out etc. Let’s all get top 500 to qualify for worlds! 

If you were KoG last season, you will skip to stage 2. 

950BB4A2-90F3-42C5-8FF3-FFBEAA7811D5.png

Stage 2 prizes: 

52501B69-B638-408B-96EE-30DA61B4F474.png

• Upvote 2

Faint    5722

I was KoG last season...sweet, don't have to care about this for a while yet!

• Upvote 1

knives1990    336

How come our DLv still is at 1? Don’t we need to play this session still?

nvm I found the how to play on it

Edited by knives1990
  • Upvote 1

Zeppelin    104

So if I can get 3SD to drop for me I will be playing gladiator beasts. If I can get them to drop 3SD I will be playing Ninjas. I will post my decklists around 12 CT today. 

• Upvote 1

Faint    5722
1 hour ago, Zeppelin said:

So if I can get 3SD to drop for me I will be playing gladiator beasts. If I can get them to drop 3SD I will be playing Ninjas. I will post my decklists around 12 CT today. 

Really? I don't see why you'd play anything other than CA, purely for consistency and speed of wins

• Upvote 1

+mark    3103

Maybe he doesn’t have CA

I think GB / Ninja are decent choices in that case 

I’ll still play this stage for the gems and what not 

Grimey    8228

i think restart is a better skill for your deck bc you dont have 3 dakini and bc one of the spell is limited to 1 now 

• Upvote 1

Faint    5722

I am undefeated in 6 so far. I fully intend to meme throigh round 1 with exodia

MY GRANDFATHERS DECK HAS NO PATHETIC CARDS

Screenshot_20171109-205320.png

Screenshot_20171109-204130.png

• Upvote 1

CT3000    40

I'm literally gonna run meme decks from time to time, Stage 1 feels kinda meh rn. Will see how far shit like Self Mill and Des Gardius can go lol. I don't get how or why people are already lv 20 but it is what it is.

Will most of you guys run CA for the entire month? I'm think either that, Ninjas, or cancer will go far

• Upvote 1

+mark    3103
2 hours ago, dexer008 said:

Do these wins count towards to global ladder standings in r1? 

Yes

+mark    3103
1 hour ago, CT3000 said:

I'm literally gonna run meme decks from time to time, Stage 1 feels kinda meh rn. Will see how far shit like Self Mill and Des Gardius can go lol. I don't get how or why people are already lv 20 but it is what it is.

Will most of you guys run CA for the entire month? I'm think either that, Ninjas, or cancer will go far

I’ll run CA (KC cup stage 2 is basically only 3 days). I’m saving gems so if I feel like my deck isn’t optimal anymore I’ll buy packs and see if I can switch. 

+Paraliel+    8123
16 hours ago, Grimey said:

i think restart is a better skill for your deck bc you dont have 3 dakini and bc one of the spell is limited to 1 now 

I think it varies off what you are facing. Right now in Stage 1, all I've mostly played are backrow control decks and Mind Scan is really helpful vs those. If all I was playing were like CAs or REZ, I'd just play Restart.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3103

I’d cut disruption with all the AG out there 

knives1990    336

I’ve been working a lot so I haven’t invested much time into the KC cup, but I was wanting to get max DLv as practice for round 2 since I’m already in it. Been running generic CA because I ran out of gems for the time being otherwise I’d go for my 2nd saffira. Restart does seem to be the best skill for CA regardless of stage. I feel like you’re going to play a variety of decks in stage 2 just like stage 1, but you have a better mirror match with more generic CA support which is the hardest matchup. Against bsckrow you just stick with marks gameplan of not investing too much into attack position monsters and be more conservative by replenishing the hand on the end phase with dakini

• Thanks 1

+Paraliel+    8123
7 hours ago, knives1990 said:

I’ve been working a lot so I haven’t invested much time into the KC cup, but I was wanting to get max DLv as practice for round 2 since I’m already in it. Been running generic CA because I ran out of gems for the time being otherwise I’d go for my 2nd saffira. Restart does seem to be the best skill for CA regardless of stage. I feel like you’re going to play a variety of decks in stage 2 just like stage 1, but you have a better mirror match with more generic CA support which is the hardest matchup. Against bsckrow you just stick with marks gameplan of not investing too much into attack position monsters and be more conservative by replenishing the hand on the end phase with dakini

And then you get outed by Enemy Controller if you play super passive

• Upvote 1

+mark    3103

You can play around Enemy Controller by leaving your guys in defense 

Really a lot of the things that people say here may not be needed or even true at lower levels but in stage 2 of the KC cup you cannot get away with playing into everything all the time because they will have it. Don’t even take it from me, these things are common sense among the “good players”; just watch any stream or vid from dkayed / tutpup / gunsblazin / timmy etc or on how to play this deck and they’ll all play this way, not all the time (depends on the situation), but a lot of the time

Disruption sees less play with AG around and people are switching back to mirror Wall which you can at least use as a pseudo threatening roar before AMA or an AG summon, but every non CA deck plays 3x Enemy Controller which means they have it 50% of the time. If you play into Enemy controller with dakinis eff and into econ take otk’s by leaving everything in atk and into disruption/mirror Wall by attacking all the time and don’t play around anything they could have, you will lose eventually.

The easy answer is to just play Mind Scan but once you see their backrows you’d play around it the same way anyway. 

+Paraliel+    8123

Yeah I agree, Mind Scan gives you the good practice but it also lets you know how to play around since it can be hard to play around every possible backrow at a time. Also sometimes it is correct to play into Econ IMO

• Upvote 1

+mark    3103

Yeah, if you would’ve lost to an econ take play next turn no matter what field you make, or the trade is in your favor / you need to clear a monster anyway then I’d play into it. I was more talking about situations where your opp has a shitty monster and backrow and your only play is Dakini, and now you use the eff and they econ take when you needed the EP eff, now your hand is bricked until you draw into stuff again and you’re probably going to lose at that point 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3103

In that case, sitting on dakini nearly guarantees the win cause you just keep +1’Iing per turn and can soon summon a 2nd dakini and use eff - and if they econ you still have the first to sit on, and keep repeating that (same for mirror Wall / disruption: keeping one dakini in def and attack with the other is fine)

Shadow Lord    285

Except they often don't have enemy controller, and if you play answers to backrow (cyclone/nobleman) Mind Scan lets you easily snipe off the problem backrow. Floodgate trap hole and the Gladiator Beast matchup also tend to mess up passive defensive game plans. Further the Burn matchup is very dependent on knowing what their backrow is. The gameplan for dealing with WoD, Floodgate, Draining Shield, Massivemorph, Golden Apples, etc is very different depending on what they have, and trying to play around all of those possibilities will end up with you playing around none of them and eventually losing to chip damage.

Imo, Restart CA has to play to not lose, whereas Mind Scan CA can focus on playing to win. This is going to be especially important for stage 2 of the KC as you're going to want to get tons of fast wins rather than making every game a 12 turn grinder of attempting to play through all possible backrow options.

• Upvote 1
  • Pride 1