ACP

Goat Duel Review Thread

JAPANESE GOBLIN    2182

the best way to wait for options is to not get options by not drawing cards.

gonna offerings to the doomed myself for the most options ever.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

+Mascis    4385
1 hour ago, mark said:

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=2758-2140607

im aware of: 
- duo vs TD 

- forgot to set merchant a turn

any feedback would be appreciated

i made a vid but the audio got fucked up because my obs sux idk

anyway,

- game 1 and throughout you suck at reading what your opponet's set monsters are. you should have known that it was faith when he my bodied and played around it. at the very least put him on committing cards to out TER before he flips faith.

- game 2 you probably could have won sooner if you meta'd your sangan it the wicked knight or whatever and then searched for sinister for your charity. it would have got your dark in the grave and drew you three new cards to most likely kill your opponent with since all he had was one book of moon

- game 3 you got smash'd by tribe, nothing you could really do

the duo wasn't actually that bad, you're at 2/3rds of a chance of hitting a relevant card and given the gamestate your opponent wasn't doing much with the other 2/3rds of his hand. was it optimal? probably not, but i don't think it was terrible

• Upvote 4

Living Legend    3836
14 hours ago, mark said:

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=2758-2140607

im aware of: 
- duo vs TD 

- forgot to set merchant a turn

any feedback would be appreciated

- why did you set bom t1? i think there is not much that threatens the DDWL and it leaves you open to Breaker or being forced into setting 2 into storm down the line. i don't think anyone will meta+TER a random set t1 if you don't have a spell in gy. 

- even though it turned out to be a bluff faith i probably would've NoC'd the set when you attack with sangan. if thats a deko youre kinda boned. it also gives you a spell for MoF in hand.

- i think duo was ok but i would set the mof after u play it.. in a diff world setting mof without playing duo to set up the double duo is defensible as well (youre gonna hit 2 tdrag but thats not as bad as it seems)

- not sure why you set meta, again its gonna prevent you from setting a real trap when you draw one bc of storm

- i probably would've let the sorc banish, its 50/50 though. with your current hand it couldve helped block a tsuk when you finally go TER, or you snatch and have it to cut off breaker/mst/storm. the sangan can get you sinister though. again here if you had the mof already set you would be in great position with flip and meta into TER to take sorc (though i guess it gets noc'd).

- when he my bodies, if you had kept the book like i said, i wouldve felt much more comfortable using the 2nd meta into 2nd TER as said above is quite obvious MOF.

- for whatever its worth when youre topdecking its probably better to flip tsuk itself back facedown when he atks it with the deko. then you can flip his sorc and have noc as an out. not sure why you continued to play here but thats your perogative

- t1 g2 i would gun dusthoot he runs thunder dragon and you cannot really deal with a set flip effect w that hand. if youre not gonna gun it, using it after the tdrag makes no sense. just save it for later for a chain or when he clearly has a sorc.

- you are being weird about the dustshoot thing no one is trying to cheat you and it'd be immediately obvious if he didnt send back reaper

- - yeah set merchant

- no real reason to set book imo its just gonna lock you out of your own storm or lose to a breaker. "protecting" the merchant from TER is irrelevant at this point (plus u know his hand)

- why the fuck would you book on the snatch lol like wtf is gonna happen.

- why would you set duo. what does that accomplish.

- i was very suspect of above guys post to meta the sangan before i watched the video, but i think if you were playing the grace anyway it is good to trade the meta for a sinister. you have a great set up at this point, he is relatively low life, you know his hand, its time to start pushing.

-g3 your hand is why this deck fucking sucks lol

- i think you have to chain book to the mirror force. your hand sucks but this blocks damage and burns a card from his hand. (assuming he swings in and pops your ddwl with tribe). i don't really agree with taking the reaper hit because i feel that getting that sorc off is your best bet of having any chance this game.

as you can see a lot of this is mindset stuff you just set a couple bluffs you shouldnt have and didnt prepare for a few turns down the line. idk why i just wrote all this but i hope you find it useful

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

+mark    3103

Thanks a lot guys!

I think a few plays mentioned were fine.

I want to book breaker and run over it with angel

His hand was Storm sorc sorc 2 TD w/ 0 darks in grave so my best use of duo is to bait storm

I played the game out and asked to reveal cause we were playing for ranking

the deck is really good, but I cut Asura which admittedly sucks in it. I think my hand was really good too, he just had the perfect counters g3. I don't book angel vs MF cause my hand = 3 bricks. If he discards sorc I have a dark for future sorcs

outside of this I agree with the feedback, thanks for taking the time to write it down

Living Legend    3836

on the book / angel note ur talking about "future sorc" aka him hitting the 1/3 then u topdecking a sorcerer or bls ... 3 cards out of 30whatever.. vs drawing any dark monster (i think it is perfectly reasonable to even use your meta to put the dark immediately depending what it is)

• Upvote 1

+mark    3103

true, I also shouldve played at least 1 more darks to begin with

+mark    3103

On top of my head, although there were a lot of moments like this 

- setting NoC T1 over ring when you have no monsters; you’d rather ring breaker or any monster you cant deal with here, and its not like people are going to blind mst / storm into 1 backrow 

- discarding sorcerer for charity seemed weird when you have the Dark in mimic and the 2nd TD, you could’ve probably resolved both sorcerers, that’s the entire point of running a TD chaos deck 

- you NoC before using charity, which reduces the odds of drawing into faith / any flip you banish

Think you either didnt set saku or didnt m force a tsuk at some point where I prob would’ve, allen probably isn’t going to play into mirror force with 3 monsters or something anyway

and 2 things that may be questionable, but I wouldn’t banish sangan with ddwl if you can’t out skilled dark magician, also I would tsuk reflip your ter take opp’s ter to break the gamestate when both players had TER up

Brandis72    10

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=1453-2232959

I'm sure I must've goofed up at least a little at parts (should've put Sangan to DEF G3; probably should've searched DDWL with Sangan g3 just in case... somewhat mediocre play G1 early game); there goes.

EDIT: not setting MJar T1 G1 was actually retarded in hindsight lol.

Edited by Brandis72

+mmf    23266

me and loli went over two matches of WGM vs Tristan