Sign in to follow this  
Stomach The MachoPony

Best Packs

Simple discussion really, what are the best packs to go for for creating ranked play ready decks, or auto farming decks, or really anything.

certain packs like dawn of destiny have most things you need to build a competitive level deck, just a few are locked behind being URs like phoenix, galactic origin also seems to be able to provide a good deck in GBs minus a couple of helpful cards. some packs like servants of kings have a good amount of strong cards while some like generation next are mostly for one or 2 specific cards (floodgate trap hole, electro, ritual searchers) 

then you have some like age of discovery and land of the titans that just really arent great.

so what do you guys think is the most consistent pack at the moment?

• Upvote 1

Faint    5839

For the current meta:

The best deck around is Cyber Angel. So you should be focusing entirely on getting 2-3 senju from set number 2, 1 sonic bird from set number 1, then s/t support.

As a general rule:

Recent sets are usually better, because powercreeps. Valkyires Rage used to be the best set to buy, but now it's been utterly power creeped (remember Dunames being an UR? lol)

As a second general rule:

Focus on building the best deck, and otherwise save your gems. Don't spend needlessly on packs as there may be a time you need to dig (eg. I needed a 2nd senju, so I went from 9500gems to 3000gems to dig for it and get it in time for the KC cup which is where it is relevant).

• Upvote 3

mark    3105

There is no best set, it depends on what you want to build 

If you want to build CA, get senju Bird 

If you want to build REZ, get gozuki REZ

If you want to build ninja, get transformation

If you want to build GB, get the new box (don’t bother with getting “good backrow”)

Disruption is a good cheap investment to quickly beat people although at higher levels it may be less effective and not entirely optimal - get this if you lack floodgate / mirror Wall etc since its good value for your gems 

sphere Kuriboh, floodgate, mirror Wall etc are good cards but not worth digging boxes for

i try to buy as less farming cards as possible while still getting the ones that are needed,  there’s often multiple ways to make a “fusion” or “ritual” or GK chief or megafiend Cyber etc - but you need some stuff regardless (secret pass for example)

Like you want the cores for cerebus, union attack + vassal, unhappy girl etc 

if youre not close to building CA / rez / ninja  but can buy a box out, then the new box for GB is prob your best bet for the KC cup. Otherwise build ca / Rez / ninja: the one you can build. (If you have AG you can just play that). 

• Upvote 3

mark    3105
52 minutes ago, Paraliel said:

Didn't all of us just write a document regarding this though?

Had it been posted yet? 

mark    3105

I don’t know who has it, I knew you and PSK were working on it so Inti and I dropped some of our thoughts into the discord

Inti    79
10 hours ago, mark said:

I don’t know who has it, I knew you and PSK were working on it so Inti and I dropped some of our thoughts into the discord

This what I have so far when it comes to the best meta and farming cards. If anyone wants to make any changes let me know. https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ihbnEkPNBr4zuk7nwKjp-0Uzh9CdRlZnM6yrw9X1Lg/edit?usp=sharing

Also DL Meta made a video of his opinion the best sets to spend gems on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtutLlUVZgg&t=2s

Faint    5839
5 hours ago, Inti said:

This what I have so far when it comes to the best meta and farming cards. If anyone wants to make any changes let me know. https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ihbnEkPNBr4zuk7nwKjp-0Uzh9CdRlZnM6yrw9X1Lg/edit?usp=sharing

Also DL Meta made a video of his opinion the best sets to spend gems on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtutLlUVZgg&t=2s

This is good, but I think we should make a more comprehensive guide prior to big tournaments in future (maybe a month out from WCQs or KC Cups based on each current meta).

Like wonders of the sky sucks ass now, but upon release it was amazing for the harpie support (duck, birdface...etc) so we need to tailor and update it regularly.

I'd be happy to create a guide tonight to what sets to rampage prior to the KC cup r2, but I think it's a little bit late for that and a little bit obvious now to anyone in the discord.

• Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8030

I don't mind writing that kind of thing before tournaments while I still play. I didn't know enough before recent to be honest to have an educated opinion.