Digbick

Sage said he was gay then he disappeared

SSJ Grumpig    5618

mark, the first line of your post in this thread was a poor attempt at saving face. that tells me you dont actually care beyond how badly you are being hurt by the situation

you have all the hallmarks of an emotional and psychological abuser, get some professional help for everyones sake

and yeah completely agree with mmf, i say some weird things sometimes so if i have personally made anyone uncomfortable i would like to be thoroughly eviscerated for it

• Upvote 5

+Satchmo    3214

The terrifying thing is, I could've sworn Mark had a girlfriend around the time of warring but I can't find any confirmation on that so I might be misremembering. But holy shit if he did.

»Barron    7985
10 hours ago, mark said:

I would like to say that while I feel ashamed about that and dont justify my actions in any way, we did have a history and sage used to make sexual comments to me earlier on, in fact he was the first to do it. I won’t post screens on it as I hold no grudge. its not like I just randomly started to harras a member on it. We were really close and use to make comments like that all the time from both sides. Those screens when after we got in a huge fight and I let emotions get to me when in reality I shouldve just stepped back from it. I have no intention of messaging him anymore, and I have no intention of harrasing anyone on this server, it was a 1-time thing thing and not really related to DGZ as we were friends for months and used to talk multiple hours / day outside of it. We used to do hours long calls. Anyway I can leave that behind me. I agree with the decision of being unstaffed, because I feel like I don’t fit anymore outside of my contributions to the duel links section. I don’t really mind if people think I’m gay or bi or whatever but I do realize I made a mistake and that I had to let go earlier on, I will admit my mistake and I will take responsibility for it. I learned from it, these screenshots all happened months ago, I left it behind me, and I would like to apologize to the staff of duelistgroundz and to Sage, I should’ve known better. 

"I have decided to live my life as a gay man."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Faint    5619

I was entirely wrong and absolutely retract my previous statement

@mmf you could not have been more correct in your callout, i apologize profusely

10/10 thread

• Upvote 3

Faint    5619
10 hours ago, mark said:

I would like to say that while I feel ashamed about that and dont justify my actions in any way, we did have a history and sage used to make sexual comments to me earlier on, in fact he was the first to do it. I won’t post screens on it as I hold no grudge. its not like I just randomly started to harras a member on it. We were really close and use to make comments like that all the time from both sides. Those screens when after we got in a huge fight and I let emotions get to me when in reality I shouldve just stepped back from it. I have no intention of messaging him anymore, and I have no intention of harrasing anyone on this server, it was a 1-time thing thing and not really related to DGZ as we were friends for months and used to talk multiple hours / day outside of it. We used to do hours long calls. Anyway I can leave that behind me. I agree with the decision of being unstaffed, because I feel like I don’t fit anymore outside of my contributions to the duel links section. I don’t really mind if people think I’m gay or bi or whatever but I do realize I made a mistake and that I had to let go earlier on, I will admit my mistake and I will take responsibility for it. I learned from it, these screenshots all happened months ago, I left it behind me, and I would like to apologize to the staff of duelistgroundz and to Sage, I should’ve known better. 

Going all kevin spacey on everyone doesnt make it ok. Nobody cares about your sexuality

Jesus christ this isnt 2008 i thought dgz was above harrassment and bullying 

NB96    813

Mark left the Discord chat after SageRhapsody said he would post the spicier messages he received.

• Upvote 1

SageRhapsody    261

Hello all. I want to start off by saying it's great how ynus picked up on this shit and took it upon himself to get down to the heart of the matter. As well, it's great how the mods gave me this platform to release all the shit that's happened. 

It's hard to come out about stuff like this when it's about a guy in a position of power unless you've got the ear of others in similar power. While the original post is a nice introduction most of the meat has been left out. 

First of all I'd like to comment on my view of things. I  was in the same shoes as many others are now, thinking "how can you get abused like that? Especially online. Just block him." 

Again, the factor of Mark beign a mod of DGz made it hard to come forwards, but most of all, was that fact that he was Captain of a team I very much enjoyed being a part of. Loli and Mjar were awesome to chill and talk with (I even drank with Loli irl on one occasion), as well as the fact that the team in general was very strong and I felt I could learn a lot from just being in the team and absorbing all I could. Additionaly this all very gradually built up over the course of months. There were always red flags but I looked past them for reasons listed above until it back way too much. In this way, it becomes very difficult to realize what's happening until it's too late. When I go back and read logs it feels like a surreal out-of-body experience. I pick up on so much shit that makes me feel sick now that never really registered back then.

So now that that's been explained, I'm gonna let the full truth come out. Theres a shit ton of more chat logs creepier than what was posted and I'm going to release them here. I'm at my University campus right now, and for the sake of being able to organize and edit it all for myself I'll be making multiple posts because there really is a lot and I want to give context on all of them. More coming up....

• Upvote 4
  • Wow 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

+Satchmo    3214
34 minutes ago, Barron said:

"I have decided to live my life as a gay man."

15 minutes ago, Faint said:

Going all kevin spacey on everyone doesnt make it ok. Nobody cares about your sexuality

Jesus christ this isnt 2008 i thought dgz was above harrassment and bullying 

v8vYEaLtRcyWeDAs0UbvpA.png

@rei how's that woadie?

• Upvote 1

SageRhapsody    261

Another heads up, a lot of this probably won't end up being chronological because that whole 4 month ish period is all a huge jumble but I'll do my best to make it coherent. 

Starting from the beginning, we've all always known mark always had a short fuse and would go ballistic if someone disagreed with him. (See any mafia game where he gets sus'd). This was written off by him bring passionate, a little bit of a spazz etc. But he showed his true colors gradually. Ynus summed it up right to me in a pm. "Mark is a preditor. He targets people who he thinks won't fight back." I'm a very unconfrontational guy, and he must have noticed I didn't rebuff most of his shit strongly. Whenever he'd freak out I'd always agree with him to calm him down or try to change to subject and what not. At first all this was mostly tame, so I'll skip posting those or we'll be drowning in textlogs. 

The first big log is coming up. The context is that he posted this "practise hand" thing where he lists 5 cards we open going first and asks us to talk about what we think the strongest play was. This was the first instance where his shit got really bad. 

I was at work at the time and he knew this so he just sorta rambled on and on to himself. I got like 75 messages in 10 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

SageRhapsody    261

1709cd4403.png

8620e72e31.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

25f83d01b6.png

Notice how he riles himself through out the whole thing even though nobody is answering him back. At the end I got fed up of my phone buzzing 1000 times in my pocket at work so I answered him back saying he was right so he would fucking stop. The end was also really creepy, and reading it again now I remember feeling so numb to that because he had just got done with that tangent and I was happy he finally stopped raging. Again, I remember thinking "lol as long as he's not upset and gonna trade me off to another team I'm good". It's scary how you don't notice this shit while it's happening.

• Wow 2

Faint    5619

Jesus christ

@markus im sorry i was nasty to you yesterday i have concluded there are far worse people on the internet than either of us

NB96    813

This is what happens when you play way too much Yu-Gi-Oh

Edited by NB96
  • Haha 3

Faint    5619
Just now, markus said:

i literally don't care and i dont think anybody else does faint.

Dont get me wrong we are still awful people

You and me, but mostly me

SageRhapsody    261

The first half is just ranting about yugioh. Posted that part just as an example of how much shit he'd write all at once when he knew i was working. notice how he also doesn't write paragraphs he hit enter like 100 times at least. 

This is that screenshot I posted that was way too small to read in the discord log. 

Discord_2017-07-14_22-49-14.png

Discord_2017-07-14_22-48-05.png

Discord_2017-07-14_22-38-34.png

Again, the chronological order is fucked up here. This is pretty much the day I left. In the first screenshot I finally get fed up and tell him to just trade me away cuz I was done with his shit. The rest is what transpired after. I also remember that I quickly wrote the "trade me" thing while I was at work cuz i had to pretend to go to the bathroom to take out my phone. 

I'm Gperl and he's Goku btw

Edited by SageRhapsody
  • Wow 1

SageRhapsody    261

He's also self-aware of the fact that he sends me crazy shit. On many many occasions, mostly around the time I told him I was done with him and ignored him, he would post random paragraphs of rants/begging and then delete them a few hours later. He also went back and deleted some or stuff randomly here and there. Unfortunately I never though to delete them. Here is proof he deleted some incriminating shit. It's hard to tell but it looks like I'm talking to myself. I'm Estinien btw.

Discord_2017-08-24_00-49-12.png

Discord_2017-08-23_20-00-45.png

Between aug 20th-23rrd he wrote out like 5 huge ass paragraphs raging at me randomly. This is after the 18th when I asked to be traded.
He deleted them. They would be in between posts in the last screenshot. He sorta alludes to there being some weird shit before it by saying "my last response was unreasonable" even though it was just a heart.

• Wow 1

Inti    76

Huh who knew DGZ was going to have some controversial floodgate information today, but then again it does not surprised me to much. Well time to get out the popcorn.

Edited by Inti

SageRhapsody    261

Now here is some random mishmash of "red flags" I noticed recently going back through the logs to find stuff. These little remarks all seemed tiny in comparison to the huge walls of rage he'd post so it'd fly under the radar at time, but now you can really see how creepy it is on their own. 

This one was in June. The context is that the bolded text is him 'talking through me' or imitating me or something? We were talking about how ratios of some zoo card or something and he was mocking me cuz i said it wasn't consistent. I dunno, I really don't know what he was thinking.

8a55603aa1.png

He was also INSANELY jealous that I was getting close/looking up to Loli. The first time I mentioned him (back in May) he immediately randomly offers to come visit me and drops about selling himself out for me. I tried to let him off gently to avoid triggering him by just saying I don't have the money.

5e36086a72.png

SSJ Grumpig    5618

that hit way too close to home

so sorry you had to experience this bullshit