Digbick

Sage said he was gay then he disappeared

NB96    830

Guys we have to stop posting because Chevalier de Fromage said so

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

SageRhapsody    268

Here comes the really insane stuff. Yeah that's right it's only now that Mark started to really get bold about the "gay for you thing". I don't even remember this conversation in the slightest. It must of have subconsciously wiped from memory. 

eecc010c80.png

Here's me telling him for the 50th time that the time I made my name "i'm gay" was a joke. He really latched onto the "i'm gay" thing. He'd probably ask me like 4 times a week if I was sure it was just a joke. He would also CONSISTENTLY nag and pressure me to voice chat with him even though I was trying to focus on either my homework or just doing my own shit. At some point he guilted/pressured me into some stupid "voice schedule" where he calls me at like midnight 'just for 10 minutes' and we'd talk about stuff. 99% of the time I would just not answer and make up an excuse not to. Other times I'd just put discord really low and play League so I didn't have to pay attention. 

dda7bd4abb.png

f9f81989cd.png

Notice how in that screenshot the "i'm gay" joke was from FUCKING 05/20. THE MESSAGE IS FROM FUCKING 06/12. LITERALLY A MONTH AND A BIT AFTER THAT SHIT HE'S STILL FIXATED ON IT.

• Upvote 1
  • Pride 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

SageRhapsody    268

Continuation of above forgot to add it. I try reasoning with him, while keeping the "friendship" because again, back in 06 I was terrified of being kicked off the team. (My winrate was pretty shit, something like 1-3, so I remember thinking the only thing keeping me here is that i'm friends with mark). 

5e2eb42eb3.png

Reading this again, it's really freaky how he sorta just keeps talking and talking to himself when I don't answer him. I think that might a sociopath thing to get people to talk to you?

• Wow 1

SageRhapsody    268

That's all I really care to dig for. I only looked for big situations that I remember being weird and some random stuff I found in between. It should be enough though. 

Now I want to make it clear that I'm not traumatized by Mark being a weirdo towards me. It was extremely nerve wracking and stressful at the time, but it had no real lasting affect on me other than my and hopefully other's seeing him in a very negative light. Thankfully he could not extend any of this stuff physically to me, and eventually after about a month of me ignoring him he stopped sending me messages (even though he did try a couple more times after I came back and tried to make my own free-agent team; which probably triggered me into fleeing the discord for good).

In any case I am selfishly releasing all these so that the truth of the pain you caused me back then can come to light; not exactly to antagonize you mark, but maybe as a wake up call, but also a warning to other to not get too close to Mark. 

• Thanks 4

There are certain things in my life that happened when I was mostly in my teens irl that I don't disclose the full details of too many people. One of those things makes it hard for me to discuss a subject like this without hiding behind the veil of humor. I'm very thankful something was done and horribly distressed that you had to deal with this. I hope that it will be possible for you to reintegrate into the community and participate at the level you did in the past. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

SSJ Grumpig    5618
15 minutes ago, SageRhapsody said:

Reading this again, it's really freaky how he sorta just keeps talking and talking to himself when I don't answer him. I think that might a sociopath thing to get people to talk to you?

as long as people keep responding eventually, it just solidifies in their mind that this is an effective method to get attention

also, another part of it is that abusers are often unable to deal with their own emotions so they have to externalize it somehow. these days it often comes in the form of text/call explosions, and the person will work themselves up into an emotional storm, realize what they did, then pull back in hopes of forgiveness - so that they can do it all over again

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Faint    5707

@SageRhapsody i hope you dont let win ratios or anything affect any human relationships moving forward. As we discussed, realize what is important mate. Sorry for what you went through.

Discussed on discord a lot - very disturbed. Mark has been fantastic for helping all of the dgz duel links community and really trying to push them on to do well. Idk about standard ygo but yeah. 

I dont think mark was intentionally being malicious, just his emotions exploded and he DOES deserve sympathy for it. I dont think he is a horrible cruel intentioned man, just a guy looking for affection and connection. What he did was dreadful but not malicious, imo. That doesnt make it any better becahse of what sage had to go through, though. 

Very very sad about the whole situation - nobody is a winner and i am very disappointed by the whole situation.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Faint    5707
2 minutes ago, SSJ Grumpig said:

as long as people keep responding eventually, it just solidifies in their mind that this is an effective method to get attention

also, another part of it is that abusers are often unable to deal with their own emotions so they have to externalize it somehow. these days it often comes in the form of text/call explosions

Quoted for fucking emphasis

Sage: it isnt your responsibility to justify their idiotic ideologies with a response.

Jazz    5065

Biggest shock ITT is finding out that Sage isn't gay

• Wow 1
  • Haha 4

Nate1080    1224

Why is Mark not perma banned yet? I’ve read the first half of the topic as of this post, but I feel this is grounds for banning. This isn’t cool.

• Upvote 1

SageRhapsody    268
38 minutes ago, Faint said:

@SageRhapsody i hope you dont let win ratios or anything affect any human relationships moving forward. As we discussed, realize what is important mate. Sorry for what you went through.

Discussed on discord a lot - very disturbed. Mark has been fantastic for helping all of the dgz duel links community and really trying to push them on to do well. Idk about standard ygo but yeah. 

I dont think mark was intentionally being malicious, just his emotions exploded and he DOES deserve sympathy for it. I dont think he is a horrible cruel intentioned man, just a guy looking for affection and connection. What he did was dreadful but not malicious, imo. That doesnt make it any better becahse of what sage had to go through, though. 

Very very sad about the whole situation - nobody is a winner and i am very disappointed by the whole situation.

I can agree with this. Part of the reason I'm not incredibly distrubed by all this is that it seemed a little sad and desperate, and a lot less malicious and evil. 

But again I imagine most cases liek this aren't from insane disturbed individuals seeking to hurt people.

captainameowica    3770
7 minutes ago, Nate1080 said:

Why is Mark not perma banned yet? I’ve read the first half of the topic as of this post, but I feel this is grounds for banning. This isn’t cool.

i was literally just about to ask this. the guy is bottom of the barrel trash in my eyes and shouldn't be allowed back on this site.

confuse ray    4215
48 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Biggest shock ITT is finding out that Sage isn't gay

dgz rocked by another scandal months after markus solicited nude photos from buckwheat

Faint    5707

That being said - anyone giving shit to sage for this should be banned from dgz and discord. Sage - I'd strongly recommend you name and shane people here.

+Satchmo    3220
1 hour ago, Faint said:

That being said - anyone giving shit to sage for this should be banned from dgz and discord. Sage - I'd strongly recommend you name and shane people here.

There's currently a debate on if one of the ones we banned should be perma'd

SSJ Grumpig    5618
2 hours ago, SageRhapsody said:

But again I imagine most cases liek this aren't from insane disturbed individuals seeking to hurt people.

thats what makes it so hard to deal with them, and why it goes as far as it does to begin with

Mascis    4478

since mark got mod and i learned more about him ive been in the camp that he was probably psychopath / something was mentally wrong with him

• Upvote 3

Mascis    4478

reuw

SageRhapsody    268

I have reuw-turned! (returned) 

...I tried.

• Upvote 7