Digbick

Sage said he was gay then he disappeared

markus    2018

i can't even joke about this. this is just fucking disgusting. 

Silver    959
48 minutes ago, Mascis said:

since mark got mod and i learned more about him ive been in the camp that he was probably psychopath / something was mentally wrong with him

same

Squiddy    9168

wow blowups on da playground hav..................... chenged quite drasticly sinse da last time i was hear (|:|) 

• Upvote 7
  • Wow 2
  • Haha 1

A Loli    1922

mark is a fraud. Any sympathy he tries to mine from you isn't real. (Faint) I was warned about him by older, esteemed members of DG -- he's not mentally well and has the worst decision-making out of anyone on the website. Furthermore, he is absolutely delusional. The world mark exists in is not the same world you and I live in. We could be looking at a cup on a table and we all see the same thing, but mark sees a fleshlight and lube & will swear up and down about how what he's seeing is correct. He's a talentless hack and I'm not sure who brainwashed these mods into thinking whatever he was doing was even remotely useful for DG as anyone who would come into contact with him immediately left with a terrible impression.

What made me more furious about all this was how THIS was the straw that broke the camel's back. Out of everything mark does, this was it. Is the only way to stop retarded sociopaths from ruining the site along the lines of waiting for them to harass enough people and then finally make a "SMASH'D" thread? We can't just point out how shitty and toxic someone is to their community and how that kind of person shouldn't be on staff as it makes the site look terrible? No offense to the mods but I've said this before and will say it again, you guys set this kind of shit up to happen. Do we need to point out the other people mark has harassed thoroughly? Sure, maybe not sexually, but mark harasses most of ATO into submission in hopes of somehow deluding himself that he's a "good team leader" and a "good member of his team." He is neither and his ego is misplaced. For some reason, people think the correct thing to do is sympathize with someone like that or give them more chances.

That's incorrect every single time. I'm glad mark is finally fucking off after totally trampling on a full war season with Kris (from a different angle) and I hope if any staff member shows symptoms of mark that they are removed immediately. No more doormats as mods please. Do your jobs and keep your site clean and looking nice. No, you don't have to ban me to do that--get the people who really matter. Like mark. Nate's right, why isn't this dude perma-banned? I'm aware that trash talk in YGO is generally accepted but DG is supposed to be about getting people better. When the worst person on the entire site trash talks his team (most specifically, the newer members like Brandis72 who are actually doing everything possible to improve but mark is making them worse at the game) because he's "the leader" and then goes on to harassing people on a personal level, that shouldn't be acceptable whatsoever. Doormats or not, fucking do something please. How come MMF's hands are always tied? Why are Satchmo and Gojira constantly playing neutral? I like these guys a lot but stand your ground please. If not for yourselves, for your site.

Yeah, I get that it's funny when I do the Based Loli thing but that doesn't seem to get through to anyone and this probably won't either but at least understand that what the mods on this site do actually opens the door for this kind of behavior to happen. I'm so sure that mark, who did this to my good friend Sage forever ago, knew that nothing drastic would happen to him because even though no-one respects him (nor should they), everyone is too afraid to do anything. This isn't the first time mark's ethics have been called into question, that's for sure. But I hope that this is the last and the mods finally get their shit together.

• Upvote 6
  • Wow 1

+Urthor    10161

Just fyi, re banning Mark, I don't think anyone on staff felt it was correct to instantly ban Mark the second we knew about this stuff when this is an issue that happened in discord pms/other discord servers.  End of the day when it is happening off site that's not Duelistgroundz if it's not a) on the forum b) in PMs or c) on the DGz Discord, it's a gray area and means we'd actually have to get together and discuss banning Mark, which isn't a minor thing when Allen said he was away for awhile literally 2h before the shit hit the fan with this and rei is busy with life the universe and everything. 

tl;dr is it's being discussed.  

• Pride 1

markus    2018

mark if you're reading this, you are sick in so many fucking different ways, seek help as fast as possible while you're still young. if you didn't know already you CAN get worse. you were abused like i was and you have a lot fucked up with you. it's probably the best thing you can do for yourself and anyone you interact with.

markus    2018

blame allen for letting a psycho that everyone hated on the staff team. allen just doesn't understand some things. it was pretty much allen that decided to mod mark instead of mascis back when they were hiring.

yeah i guess mark did more things than mascis did but now look. mark hasn't really done much shit at all. at this point mark had been doing as much work as mascis had. i mean i guess mark had a "functioning" team, glad to hear everybody hated that too. he's a criminal and he always starts shit. harassing everyone he can whenever things aren't exactly how he wants them. mascis is far better at yugioh than mark is. the skill gap between them is incredible. i don't know how anyone could possibly suggest mark is competent at all. the only reason why he could even be considered to be worthwhile is that he would be one of the only ones to ever did anything because he does not have a social life irl. like he complained about being lonely, we all know what mark's life is gonna be like man. it's not hard to believe he poured all his time into yugioh to have one of the only real functional teams. i understand that the yugioh section is dying and that CURRENT YUGIOH brings in new members, but having mark as mod when he's been known to be mentally ill and socially unstable is probably the poorest last hurrah you can give to such a section. i'd much rather be the cool hip and popping goat control hub of the world with a somewhat underperforming current section than have an infectious mod actually plaguing the whole site with his explosive outbursts at least once a week. now you have this disgusting story in the faces of any new member that comes along. this is to be ashamed of. 

i really hate to be aggressive now and ive been trying to hold off of that but i remember everyone telling me shit like "how can you be like that??!" whenever i just said mark was bad to have around (back when i played mafia). but loli is 100% correct. we all saw something wild as fuck coming and here it is. if you want to know what type of mods you do not hire here it is.

mark is always explosive as fuck and causes hella issues. issues with jazz. issues with claire. issues with me. what kind of mother fucker claims that they've never been wrong once on the internet before? i have pms of him trying to apologize to me and then him blame shifting to something else whenever i clearly define my problems with him, as if those excuses made everything okay lol. he just wants to feel good. good job modding a fucking monster.

allen you fucked up. i mean you've done more recently than rei had done for years but you seriously fucked up with mark. he's got just as much damage as i do and a lot less control. how about some social awareness when it comes to making decisions for duelistgroundz.com

• Upvote 1

markus    2018

congrats to anyone who ever sucked marks dick. hope you feel gross about it.

• Upvote 1

+mmf    23265

it is pretty difficult to argue that these were "off-site" actions.

as i said before, this hit me extremely hard. i was probably closer to mark than anyone else on staff, especially after the last warring season, and to me, this came completely out of the blue. i had absolutely zero clue that mark was capable of doing shit like this to people, much less people on his goddamn team. for that, i am extremely sorry to everyone on the site, especially to sage.

i'm in complete agreement with loli on mostly everything. this should be a huge wake-up call to the entire community, and good god, especially to staff. what should be most concerning to everyone is not oh, mark sexually harassed someone, bad staff member, bad mark, mark suck so much dick, haha fuck mark. it should be that we all did our part to create a community where sage felt that his best course of action was to leave the site rather than to come forward to literally anyone about what was going on. part of the problem is the lazy staff, myself especially included, who sat back and coasted while mark was able to use his position as a staff member to do this shit. part of the problem is our warring environment, which at this point is famously toxic and likely detrimental to the site's growth as a whole, and which is certainly responsible in part for sage's unwillingness to speak up, as he's already covered elsewhere. oh, yeah, and a huge part of the problem is that our community has this wonderful way of using threads like this to absolve themselves of blame when shit like this happens.

the reason i was initially against making a smash'd thread was not to defend mark in any way. i thought, and still think to some extent, that making a thread like this would end up being a way for dgz to distance itself from what happened here. everything's mark's fault, right? look at this stupid asshole. look at the shitty thing he did. fuck you mark! fuck you with a rake! look at how righteous i am! i would never do anything like this. i'm so much better than mark! legendary thread ship posrep pls

if this was your reaction to this thread, i'm sorry, but you are part of the problem and doing absolutely nothing to right the wrongs that occurred here (not to mention your bar is pretty fucking low if you're looking for pats on the back for being better than mark). this is all of our faults for enabling mark to do this. i actually can't believe i'm saying this, but wumbo and jazz, of all fucking people, were literally right all along (and are also some of the only people who haven't reacted in the way i just mentioned, how about that).

instead of doing what people like markus and faint are doing and taking turns trying to make funny jokes about an extremely unfunny situation at the expense of someone who is no longer here to read them, i implore everyone to ask themselves the hard questions. who else has been victimized in a way similar to sage? what can we do to make these people more comfortable coming forward about what happened to them? what do we need to be doing to "vet" future staff members to ensure we don't give power to more marks? what should we do as a community to ensure, above all else, that *nothing even fucking close to this shit ever happens again ever ever ever?*

so yeah. consider this my apology to everyone for the part i played in making this possible. let's all do better from here on out.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4

markus    2018

idk what ur mad abt. i said one thing about ynusgridorh thats the only joke i made in this thread.

+mmf    23265

your focus and that of many others is in the wrong place. it's way too late to "smash" mark any more than the OP already did. once again, he is not here to read any of your posts that begin by addressing him by name. 

"smashing" people doesn't actually solve problems these days and it probably never did, as much as our site loves to pretend otherwise. the target of this smash'd thread is not mark, but dgz as a whole. shitty community that enables and perpetuates sexual harassment and abuse, smash'd.

• Upvote 3

+Digbick    7216

I'm extremely disappointed with some members. Some have harrassed sage, called him a pussy and so on. I am going to be taking a break from duelistgroundz

• Wow 1
  • Sad 3

SSJ Grumpig    5618
44 minutes ago, mmf said:

your focus and that of many others is in the wrong place. it's way too late to "smash" mark any more than the OP already did. once again, he is not here to read any of your posts that begin by addressing him by name. 

"smashing" people doesn't actually solve problems these days and it probably never did, as much as our site loves to pretend otherwise. the target of this smash'd thread is not mark, but dgz as a whole. shitty community that enables and perpetuates sexual harassment and abuse, smash'd.

he replied on the first page, i think most of us figured he could see the posts at that point

either way you are right

Faint    5571
28 minutes ago, Digbick said:

I'm extremely disappointed with some members. Some have harrassed sage, called him a pussy and so on. I am going to be taking a break from duelistgroundz

This this this. I am glad staff are handling it. 

As an fyi ( @JAPANESE GOBLIN i saw your post in the staff thread), my post last page wasnt a "oh its just mark look at him he is pathetic". Hes obviously got a lot of issues and should be looked on in sympathy for that. However, that doesnt give any kind of justification for the horrendous actions - and the real concern is that sage didnt feel comfortable saying it ans felt the need to leave the site (mmf is right in this)

I dont necessarily think it is the fault of the staff or community as a whole group, but rather than assigning blame without knowing the details - I'd rather go to the source

@SageRhapsody - why has it taken this long to come forward, and is there a way that we could make it easier for you (or others like you) to address this kind of thing head on (as a community)? 

SageRhapsody    254

That's sort of a tough question, but after really thinking about it hard, I guess it's more on me. 

I didn't/don't really have any close personal contacts here on DGz. This isn't a cry out for attention or "pls be my friend" but it's probably the truth of it. 

How do you tell a group of dudes on the internet you sorta talk about ygo here and there with and play memey mafia with that one of their most prominent staff that most of them seem to love that he is harrassing you? 

Mark was probably the closest person I knew on DGz which is really ironic tbh. 

I think there was also the fact that Mark would have mini-episodes with other members, (see raging at jazz, his seething hatred for silver) and it would all very easily get brushed off and shrugged away so it sorta seemed like if I tried to come forwards nobody would pay attention. I remember thinking people would call Mark out for acting psychotic when people disagreed with him but again, everyone seemed totally nonplussed and that really discouraged me. 

Tbh in hindsight what loli said seems very true, it really feels like it had to get to a certain extreme threshold before the members of DGz's ears perked up. In fact ynus came to me because apparently some new member in ATO was being bullied in the exact same way I was, and told ynus and ynus made a connection to all this. 

SageRhapsody    254
2 hours ago, Urthor said:

Just fyi, re banning Mark, I don't think anyone on staff felt it was correct to instantly ban Mark the second we knew about this stuff when this is an issue that happened in discord pms/other discord servers.  End of the day when it is happening off site that's not Duelistgroundz if it's not a) on the forum b) in PMs or c) on the DGz Discord, it's a gray area and means we'd actually have to get together and discuss banning Mark, which isn't a minor thing when Allen said he was away for awhile literally 2h before the shit hit the fan with this and rei is busy with life the universe and everything. 

If it means anything it's in my opinion that anything a mod does as a known and public image representing DGz means that it should be considered as if it was a DGz related affair. This is how all real world settings operate. If Jake Jackson works for IBM and he runs outside and tells poeple he works for IBM and wears an IBM uniform and then starts assaulting people IBM has every right and will fire him. 

It works like that everywhere and it makes a lot of sense. Not banning him means these actions are only worthy of a gentle scolding, and it's expected to act liek this here in DGz, we'll just punish you as if you made a little mistake. 

SageRhapsody    254
1 hour ago, Digbick said:

Yeah in case anyone reading is wondering why rip kid got banned and is hopefully getting perma'd it's cuz the shithead sent me this in DM the moment I joined the discord again. 

Near also tried some shit with me but I promptly told him to fuck off and he didnt have the balls to continue. 

Thanks to watch, faint MMF, etc etc many more I forget for having my back against these guys in the discord general btw 

Screenshot_20171202-040226.jpg

Sophocles    2777

To become a member of a cult of personality around mark of all people, you must have really, really poor taste.

Sophocles    2777
4 hours ago, mmf said:

instead of doing what people like markus and faint are doing and taking turns trying to make funny jokes about an extremely unfunny situation at the expense of someone who is no longer here to read them, i implore everyone to ask themselves the hard questions. who else has been victimized in a way similar to sage? what can we do to make these people more comfortable coming forward about what happened to them? what do we need to be doing to "vet" future staff members to ensure we don't give power to more marks? what should we do as a community to ensure, above all else, that *nothing even fucking close to this shit ever happens again ever ever ever?*

Nah, fuck that. A lot of the problems grew from mark's position not as mod, but more as a War Caption. What Sage is saying isn't so much that he was afraid of mark banning him (though I guess him being a mod gave him more social standing, I suppose) but because mark had control of who he hung out with and could chat with, and occupied a position of power in those social relations. 

I doubt if ATO didnt exist Mark could've gotten away with this so easily, because ultimately the powers of a mod are fairly limited. While a war captain, who's also a mod, is in a very strong position to shit on people who enjoy playing competitive ygo on DGZ. That's at least what I'm getting from Loli's post, where he's saying mark also crossed a lot of lines in ATO chat.

I changed my title as a meme but Staff should consider appointing someone who (anonymously) deals with inappropriate or abusive Staff and War Captain behaviour if you want to prevent something like this ever again. (And I'm not just referring to sexual harassment, but also just a general person of trust where issues can be vented)

Finally I'll just address the elephant in the room and mention that a lot of the reason mark was on staff and allowed to be on staff despite being a suppreme nut case was because of Allen's mod policy. Not to throw him in under the bus, ACP's put a lot more work into this site than anyone who's posted in here (apart from rei) but look at the core structural deficiencies in staff before pointing the finger at everyone else.

Meanwhile I'll keep making shitty jokes about this and you're free to neg me for it if they're unfunny.

Sophocles    2777

Sage should be supported in this debacle and if you pick mark's side in this after everything posted here you're wrong, btw

+PSK    4247
6 hours ago, A Loli said:

Why are Satchmo and Gojira constantly playing neutral? I like these guys a lot but stand your ground please. If not for yourselves, for your site.

this is the only thing you said that i think is unfair. satchmo was one of very very few members of staff to actually voice any kind of disagreement with decisions being made when allen was in charge. i think he's often blunt and speaks his mind when something is off. 

as for mark, i always just figured he was somewhere on the spectrum after all the shit in the mafia section. still completely shocked by the stuff sage has posted. seems like mark has some serious self-denial/self-hatred around sexuality and was trying to socially manipulate/dominate sage over it. banning him forever is tricky. on one level, everyone being made aware of all of this probably means no one interacts with him in future and people are more willing to call him out. on the flipside though, id be wary of any new members being preyed upon and it might just be in the interest of everyone to forcibly keep him off the site. 

Sophocles    2777
5 minutes ago, PSK said:

seems like mark has some serious self-denial/self-hatred around sexuality

0gyiUDp.png

ggz4PrQ.png

you think?

+Paraliel+    7994

I constantly argued with decisions being made but I always wanted to be fair and set good precedents. I'm sure we will be looking more at what we want the site to be and what kind of members we want to maintain when Ash and Allen return.

@SageRhapsody and everyone who feels that there is someone too high up to be touched, there isn't. Barring Allen and Ash who I trust that they wouldn't do anything like this, I will make sure all of the Staff and all members abide by these rules. You can come to me whenever you feel needed to be open about these kinds of scum in the community.

• Upvote 2

Nate1080    1213
6 hours ago, Urthor said:

This isn’t a gray area, I literally don’t understand how this is a discussion/debate. This is fucking easy and people have been banned for far less at the drop of a hat. You guys are quick to ban people for silly shit, but when real shit hits the fan its a, “gray area”.

The DGz discord is an extension of the site, that much has been expressed by Allen himself iirc. Even if it wasn’t, it was a member of staff sexually harassing a normal member, this shouldn’t be tolerated at all and the offending user should be banned instantly. Doesn’t matter if its a mod or not, make an example and do the right thing.

Making excuses to not insta-ban him and such is just making DGz look terrible. I’m positive Allen and rei will agree, I’d be surprised if they didn't.

• Upvote 1