2ill    3

So after playing my first local in 7 years,  I made some adjustments. Ash seemed to be too clutch and march was nearly useless in first game of match.  Always seemed to be an open monster card zone and 3-4 darks in grave at a time so I added dark armed to be the extra.  

3Erebus the underworld monarch

3Edea the heavenly squire

3Edios the underworld squire

1Mithra the thunder vassal

1Ehther the heavenly monarch

3Caius the shadow monarch

1Level Eater

1Majesty's fiend

2Armorgeddon Knight

1Vanity's fiend

1Dark Armed Dragon

//

3Domain of the monarchs

1Pot of desires

1March of the monarchs

1Monarchs stormforth

1Reinforcements of the army

3Allure of darkness

2Return of the monarchs

1Pantheism of the monarchs

1One for one

3Tenacity of the monarchs

//

3Prime of the monarchs

1Deck Devastation Virus

Side Deck;

2Deck Devastation Virus

1Return of the monarchs

2Foolish burial goods

2Royal Decree

1Vanitys fiend

1Maxx C

1March of the monarchs 

1Jinzo

2Cosmic Cyclone

2Ash blossom & Joyous Spring

Edited by 2ill
  • Downvote 3
  • Sad 1

Flip Flop Control in Current Format... How long have you been out of Yugioh? 

BuildTheWalia    298
1 hour ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Fuck it I'm down

2ill    3
1 hour ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Since 2009-2011. Ya know,  still trying too hard though.  

The fact of the matter is flip effects are just not that good anymore and BLS is surprisingly impotent too. 

Don't take this the wrong way but can I recommend Trickstars?  http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/171956-trickstars-aka-get-ready-to-get-burned-by-these-waifus/

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=108080 https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1176898

Duelingbook Screenshot

BuildTheWalia    298
37 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

The fact of the matter is flip effects are just not that good anymore and BLS is surprisingly impotent too. 

Don't take this the wrong way but can I recommend Trickstars?  http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/171956-trickstars-aka-get-ready-to-get-burned-by-these-waifus/

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=108080 https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1176898

wow what a coincidence you have a thread on the exact same topic!!!

2ill    3
32 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Duelingbook Screenshot

Yeah,  no I didn't want to get serious with this thing man. I have been playing pendulum and domain a little.  Really wanted to try trickstar.  Nostalgia was taking over so I made this to mess around with.  

Its actually trickstar or pendulums I planned on going into regionals with.  I ordered a couple cases of sealed boosters on ebay,  some single cards, and just waiting for those to get in before I get all too into trickstar.  I only have pendulum magician,  domain,  and spiral capabilities until then :(

3 minutes ago, 2ill said:

Yeah,  no I didn't want to get serious with this thing man. I have been playing pendulum and domain a little.  Really wanted to try trickstar.  Nostalgia was taking over so I made this to mess around with.  

If it's intended to be a casual just for fun thing again don't take this the wrong way but it's usually best to explain such things in your OP. Also, what exactly are you trying to achieve and what is the reasoning behind the current lineup of cards? 

2ill    3

Well generally the idea is to maintain hand/field control while Ash,  Droll,  and Ghost shut down the searches.  Mezuki is to bounce in ghost or ash from grave for synchro. I have only played against domains, pendulums, and 60 card zombie shit thus far with it.  Domain 2-1 over me,  pendulum I managed to 2-0, and 2-1 over zombie.  I don't want to even try against trickstar lol.  The point of was quite literally, I spent too much coming back into the game and seriously miss the days when BLS and Tsu were not on the ban list and since they are off,  I felt like getting creative. The point of the game is fun, chaos has taken me into so many top8's and better, the nostalgic part of thought it would be amusing. That is all.  

Originally I kicked around the idea of 3 ryko,  3 lumina,  2 lyla, 1 erhen in here just to play on the ss but mezuki turned out better and gave me more options. Also,  considered removing the solemn warning and tt for 3 threatening roar. 

2ill    3

Close 

• Upvote 1

2ill    3
34 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

...It's suddenly just a boring Monarch deck :(

Is there no pleasing you? :/

2 minutes ago, 2ill said:

Is there no pleasing you? :/

Lol, it's okay I was joking. Still, a kinda explanatory OP telling us what you want to do with the deck and what you're current thoughts are on your card choices would be helpful no matter what archetype you're trying to build. 

2ill    3
2 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Lol, it's okay I was joking. Still, a kinda explanatory OP telling us what you want to do with the deck and what you're current thoughts are on your card choices would be helpful no matter what archetype you're trying to build. 

Got it captain. lol. Anyway, being is how I have stepped away from the game from for so long, is something like this worth playing or is it wasting time? I again have only tested against; Spirals, Pendulum magician, and some weird zoodiac. I don't know if domain can stand up against trickstar? Have any good ideas as far as good sides? Im stuck on that right now.  

3 minutes ago, 2ill said:

Got it captain. lol. Anyway, being is how I have stepped away from the game from for so long, is something like this worth playing or is it wasting time? I again have only tested against; Spirals, Pendulum magician, and some weird zoodiac. I don't know if domain can stand up against trickstar? Have any good ideas as far as good sides? Im stuck on that right now.  

Domain Monarchs is definitely not top tier but it could steal games from Spyrals, Pends, anything reliant on the extra deck but Trickstars is probably your weak matchup since they don't really need the extra. In that case, I think I'd actually recommend side decking Des Wombat in the case of Monarchs vs Trickstars. I think I'd also just try to include Cosmic Cyclone in the main deck because it's good against the whole field of top tier decks. 

Foolish Burial Goods is something to note as you can pitch your Prime Monarch to the grave

2ill    3
5 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Foolish Burial Goods is something to note as you can pitch your Prime Monarch to the grave

I pulled 2 of those and traded for a third and didnt think about that.  As quickly as the deck can thin out,  I may just add two in without losing anything with this one. So far in side I had thought about x? Des wombat x2 cosmic x1 dark hole x1 raigeki  x3 solemn strike x2 drowning mirror force

dexer008    805

Monarchs in theory could still do decent against trickstar, as a domain set up stops them from accessing link monsters, which they need that shit to get over anything 1900 atk, it's the reason you see stuff like honest and raigeki/dark hole main. Majesty's fiend is just as disruptive against that match-up and spyral too, also you could throw in mega thetalos for ripping 2 out of the opponent's hand to also have some sort of foothold against meta decks. 

Also, if Chaos is sort of your thing, then may I recommend 60 LS, it's a decent meta choice this format and I assume is much more enjoyable to play then say Spyral or Pend magicians, as the former takes time to play out long strings of combos, while the latter is very linear and non-disruptive on your opponent's turn. Failing LS, you could also try out Infernoid (milling and banishing), True King Dinos/ Dino Structure deck (Extremely cheap to make, big searchable boss monster(s) as powerful as BLS with ultimate Conductor Tyranno,), or Twilightsworn for, probably as close to what chaos decks use to be as you can get. 

tldr: Have money > 60 LS

Save money > Dinosaurs

• Upvote 1

2ill    3
1 hour ago, dexer008 said:

Monarchs in theory could still do decent against trickstar, as a domain set up stops them from accessing link monsters, which they need that shit to get over anything 1900 atk, it's the reason you see stuff like honest and raigeki/dark hole main. Majesty's fiend is just as disruptive against that match-up and spyral too, also you could throw in mega thetalos for ripping 2 out of the opponent's hand to also have some sort of foothold against meta decks. 

Also, if Chaos is sort of your thing, then may I recommend 60 LS, it's a decent meta choice this format and I assume is much more enjoyable to play then say Spyral or Pend magicians, as the former takes time to play out long strings of combos, while the latter is very linear and non-disruptive on your opponent's turn. Failing LS, you could also try out Infernoid (milling and banishing), True King Dinos/ Dino Structure deck (Extremely cheap to make, big searchable boss monster(s) as powerful as BLS with ultimate Conductor Tyranno,), or Twilightsworn for, probably as close to what chaos decks use to be as you can get. 

tldr: Have money > 60 LS

Save money > Dinosaurs

Preciate it bro.  I have thought about 60. 

Made some updates after my little local tonight.  

16 minutes ago, nalumanti said:

-3 Caius 

+3 Mega caius

-1 Armorgeddon 

-1 Erebus

+2 Necroface

-1 ddv

-1Allure

+2 Pot of desires

Other stuff seems alright to alrightish but Necroface is more of a gimmick than actually helping Monarchs

nalumanti    0

Necroface can turn it around. Even ddv is a decent throw in but necroface allows a better draw by returning desires blow and reinstates edios.  

Ehren    96

Foolish burial is better than Armageddon Knight. Strategy is best served using your normal summon for a tribute summon. 

Although you are trying to build domain monarchs, I highly encourage you to try out a build centered around Mega Zaborg. Mega Zaborg is potent because he can single handedly deprive all LINK monsters from the extra deck.