Inkweaver

Inky's Works: Artist for Hire

Inkweaver    4

Hello folks. Inky here to showcase some of my works from the past few months. I won't claim to be amazing, but I'm proud of my improvement lately. 

You'll notice a change in some of the style at one point, and that's going to likely be when I swapped from using GIMP to SAI. (GIMP is not made for drawing...)

I have a DeviantArt account as well, where you can view the rest of my recent works. You can find it right here. 

With that said, let me share some of my favourites with you all.

AdellaCASTER.png

A character designed for ShadowRun games. Dr. Adella Zylphia, a decker.

Taleena II.png

My bard character from my previous D&D 3.5 game: Taleena Gellentara, human-felid half-dragon.

KhinaBree.png

I wanted to make a D&D build based on Banjo-Kazooie. The solution was an anthromorphic hawk Druid/Bard with a Bear animal companion.

Atheria_Avi.png

This one was a bit of a request. It isn't fancy, but it was the first one I did with my new graphics tablet. Her name was Atheria, designed for a 5D's role-play.

Inky_EQGirl_NoBG.png

An Equestria Girl form of my MLP OC, Ink Weaver "Inky." (Yes, original I know, but it makes things simple to name her after my online name)

Traci_Kammy_Trickstars.png

Request that I received during a live stream of Kaminakat's. One of his fans wanted to see Kammy and my mascot, Traci, dressed as Trickstars Holly Angel and Black Catbat.

Bedtime for Traci.png

Speaking of mascots: Meet Traci. She's my spokeswoman and mascot for all my art. This was also the first image completed using SAI after swapping.

VampireMerlaTOKEN.png

And finally, here we have my current D&D character: a strongheart halfling Factotum, Merla Slywit. Her current appearance after she acquired various items that grant her vampire-like powers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, this is just a small sample. The others can be seen at my DA account (posted earlier)

Lemme know what you guys think, hit me up if you want some art done, and I'll see you around. Take care!

Inkweaver    4
4 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

Strongheart Halfling Factotum for the extra Font of Inspiration stack?

I approve of this cheese.

She was a normal halfling originally, but I swapped to strongheart during building for the bonus feat. She has 2 instances of Font of Inspiration

Nate1080    1224

I doubt you’re going to find many people here willing to hire you for work. 

Do what I do:

Make a public instagram account with all your work showcased (hashtag the shit out of it), like and follow other art related pages. Adverstie the fuck out of yourself. This is miles better than deviantart, trust me. 

Make a website where you also showcase other works (perhaps the best works), like a portfolio website. Advertise the fuck out of this on social media. This is more professional than deviantart.

Make business cards, put your social media and website on it, and put them all over the fucking place and give it to as many people as possible.

Also, if you haven’t already: Learn the Adobe suite of programs (for your particular uses, Illustrator is a top priority). You’ll thank me later. Especially  if you choose to decide to go into a stable career in the creative field, trust me.

• Upvote 3

Inkweaver    4
11 minutes ago, Nate1080 said:

I doubt you’re going to find many people here willing to hire you for work. 

Do what I do:

Make a public instagram account with all your work showcased (hashtag the shit out of it), like and follow other art related pages. Adverstie the fuck out of yourself. This is miles better than deviantart, trust me. 

Make a website where you also showcase other works (perhaps the best works), like a portfolio website. Advertise the fuck out of this on social media. This is more professional than deviantart.

Make business cards, put your social media and website on it, and put them all over the fucking place and give it to as many people as possible.

Also, if you haven’t already: Learn the Adobe suite of programs (for your particular uses, Illustrator is a top priority). You’ll thank me later. Especially  if you choose to decide to go into a stable career in the creative field, trust me.

I know DA isn't professional, but it's all I've had for now due to ti being free.

Never touched Instagram before, due to lack of appeal.

Buisness cards would be nice, if I could afford to make them. :\

Nate1080    1224

From what I’ve seen, business cards aren’t terribly expensive, they’re way cheaper than you think. I can get a pack of 500 from staples for about $15 and that’s the highest price I’ve seen so far. If you do the visuals for the card, its usually pretty affordable, all you have to do is get it printed and there’s various sites that do that.

And trust me, do Instagram. Its more or less made for showcasing work; its a quick and easy way to show people your work all at once. Its deviantart 2.0, except its not niche and full of total weirdos (mostly?). You’ll get way more eyes on stuff if you do it right.

Inkweaver    4

Well I set one up. Apparently you can only post from the phone app?

Nate1080    1224
15 minutes ago, Inkweaver said:

Well I set one up. Apparently you can only post from the phone app?

Yes. But that’s not really a downside, you can easily send work to yourself through email or connect your phone to your computer and place the jpg/png files onto your phone (though this is more annoying to do if you have an iphone though). Or you can just take photos of your work on the computer as you work or whatever, same effect, less effort.

Nate1080    1224

That’s awesome. Now to get some eyes on it, you have to place hashtags in the comments (usually the first comment). This makes it easier for people to find your work when randomly looking through instagram.

examples I use:

#needajob #hireme #creative #art #artist #drawing #sketch #illustrator #illustration 

stuff like that, tag it however you want. Theres just a maximum of 30 tags per comment though.

I followed you. Digitally_Nate

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1