Aaron

Final Fantasy Tactics

Aaron    2018

I've tried to play this title a few times but the battle system confuses me AF. Are there any good tutorials on it? I just feel like at present everything I do is kind of inconsequential and I could have pressed any button and it would have had a similar effect (very early game). 

I wish there was a more up to date spruced up version of the game.. 

For someone who hasn't played many old school games it feels very very dated. 

+Malcolm    4600

loved this game. battle system is fun i dont know what you are talking about tbh

Aaron    2018

I'll try and pick it up again. 

I couldn't make sense of special abilities, what they do, how to position people (like direction they are facing?) etc. 

Grimey    8112

agreed, that game is amazing 

honestly just spend some more time playing with the mechanics, it confused me a lil when I started as well 

Aaron    2018

ya my main confusion in my first hour with it is... every move didn't feel very tactical. it felt inconsequential. like attack attack attack. 

i know thats NOT the case as its renowned as kicking fire emblem's ass.

in contrast fire emblem, probably due to the more simple map structure will never allow u that kind of random ease. 

website is bad    2172

if you want more tactical choices focus on leveling out of squire and chemist. squire and chemist are really only good for hitting attack and throwing items. once you get magic users and archers the things you can do opens up dramatically.

long season    4

It's kind of an unbalanced mess honestly, certain classes and characters completely break the game and erase any sense of challenge and difficulty. The story is excellent though, one of the best stories ever written for a video game in my opinion (even with the horrible translation the ps1 version has)

worth powering through. make ramza a monk, it's really helpful for a potential brickwall fight halfway through the game