The Antagonist

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

+rei+    34637

well yeah but i mean we're talking star wars here it's literally a different type of product appealing to a different set of emotions and feelings

HououinKyouma    807
8 hours ago, rei said:

well yeah but i mean we're talking star wars here it's literally a different type of product appealing to a different set of emotions and feelings

I think marvel and sw is pretty comparable, and marvel handed the reigns to directors like coogler and waititi. Even dc hired people like jenkins and wan, so I think kennedy and sw could really benefit from those types of choices.

+Mascis    4553
15 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

idk feige handed black panther to coogler and that seems like its doing alright!

I didn’t see bp but I didn’t say Kennedy was good lol

+rei+    34637
6 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

I think marvel and sw is pretty comparable, and marvel handed the reigns to directors like coogler and waititi. Even dc hired people like jenkins and wan, so I think kennedy and sw could really benefit from those types of choices.

im talking villeneuve not marvel

+Malcolm    4603

im still mad

the big fight scene error makes me even more mad

IM

MAD

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34637

just focus your anger on how canto bright sucked and the rest of the movie was p good 

+rei+    34637

id be fine with it just being poe and finn the entire time, and then they could kiss at the end. And Finn could explain to Poe what being a child soldier is instead of Rose explaining that child labour exists to the child fucking soldier. And Poe could fuck up and be responsible for picking the wrong hackerman and still get most of his failure lessons (even after being 'shot off the ship with finn to get him out of the way' after his fuckup)  

... dear disney / lucasfilm / jaybrams pls hire me 

+Mascis    4553

im over it movies are stupid

+rei+    34637
4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

a quiet place sure wasnt stupid

Do you watch Your Movie Sucks? 

(despite the name I ask because he's good at articulating why good movies are good - i feel like you'd enjoy his top films of years list as he waits like a year to do them to make sure he fuckin sees everything) 

Indignation    2858
Posted (edited)

Originally I was neutral not really knowing how I felt about the movie but after a second viewing the more I think about it the more I feel the movie was terrible. I'm not going into much detail. It just doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. I liked how the previous episode set up the story, the movie wasn't great but I enjoyed it anyway. This one I think I would have liked them cutting out everything but the part that I did somewhat enjoy, Rey and Kylos story. I'm not a fan of the path for Luke's story in this but I don't like or dislike it. The rest and their stories just felt stupid. 

The acting was fine, but I feel the movie could have been directed way better. I first saw it the day it came out and I must say I don't know how the critics scores are so high.  I thought the critic score would be around 70%. I honestly think they are paid off or something. I don't know many people that really enjoyed this movie. It was the first star wars movie where it ended and no one clapped, granted no one said really anything, just silence. People seemed more stunned than happy or angry lol.

The way it ended, I'm not really interested in seeing the next movie. My interest in Star Wars also seems to have dwindled. Maybe I just never was a true Star Wars fan and it took this movie to do it.

Edited by Indignation
Messed up my paragraph typing from phone.

BuildTheWalia    247
38 minutes ago, Indignation said:

The acting was fine, but I feel the movie could have been directed way better. I first saw it the day it came out and I must say I don't know how the critics scores are so high.  I thought the critic score would be around 70%. I honestly think they are paid off or something.

Rotten Tomatoes? They're not known for their unbiased "consensuses" 

Indignation    2858
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BuildTheWalia said:

Rotten Tomatoes? They're not known for their unbiased "consensuses" 

Ya because when you search movietimes it always shows google approval rating and imbd etc... so you notice it no matter what lol.

Untitled.png

And in Rampages case, I'll probably like it regardless of crappy reviews there because I don't care if the movie is dumb as long as it is fun for this type of movie lol (and I got a free movie ticket for it so that helps haha).

Edited by Indignation

+rei+    34637

i really dont understand cinematography complaints of it

Inti    79

I thought the movie was okayish. I think Kylo has potential maybe as a good villain. I hear there are prequel comic books for this movie that are decent and more that plan to come out.  

• Upvote 1