acejavelin

Volcanic Counter Burn for Regionals

acejavelin    0

This was a fun deck I ran years ago, shortly after Fire Kings first appeared, and it was super fun and threw people off as many players didn't know how to deal with it or have the resources to do anything at the time, it would often put me in top 4/8 in 32 person tourneys.

I kind of got out of the game for a couple years (when Pendulums started coming out) and just started getting back into it with the introduction of Link monsters. I recently revisited this deck at locals and found that it's still pretty playable today, but less consistent... Still, we have a regional coming up in about 5 weeks that I think this would be fun to play there, I don't really care if I top or not, it's just fun for me.

Thoughts on making this more consistent or improving with newer cards, or improving the side/extra deck? Again, I have largely been out of the game for some time. 

Biggest weakness I have seen recently is Pendulum Magicians running Secret Village of the Spellcasters and Six Sams when they spew out Shi En first turn. If my opponent shuts down spells and or traps early, it is often over very quickly. 

Main Deck - 41 cards

3x Flamvell Firedog
3x Volcanic Counter
3x Fire King Avatar Kirin
3x Lava Golem
2x Gaia Soul the Combustible Collective
2x Marshmallon
1x Fire King High Avatar Garunix
1x Gorz the Emmissary of Darkness

3x Enemy Controller
3x Onslaught of the Fire Kings
2x Burial from a Different Dimension
1x Dark Hole
1x Circle of the Fire Kings
1x Foolish Burial

3x Magic Cylinder
3x Dimension Wall
3x Zoma the Spirit
2x Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
1x Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck (Rarely used)

1x Tornado Dragon
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x #34 Terror-byte
1x Night Papilloperative
1x #17 Leviathan Dragon
1x #30 Acid Golem of Destruction
1x #50 Blackship of Corn
2x Leviar the Sea Dragon
2x Grenosaurus
2x Wind-up Zenmaines
2x Gagaga Cowboy

Side Deck - Needs work for regionals (and also rarely used)

2x Puppet Plant

2x Effect Veiler

1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

2x Curse of Darkness

2x Exchange

2x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Prohibition

2x Creature Swap

Damn was hoping it would be running Blaze Fenix when I saw the notification. Love the Marshmallon though. 

no offence but i dont even know where to begin with this, so much mishmash it makes my eyes burn. i mean you have a clear theme which is a good start but beyond that i got nothing.i'd honestly pick a more focused theme (Fire King or Volcanic for example) and work from there. 

for Volcanic check out Blaze Accelerator Reload as a fantastic card for consistency, and add volcanic scattershot and royal firestorm guards. counter can still be kept in if you really want

For fire king, focus on popping off garunix with Island as much as possible and searching/reviving your lower levelled monsters for easy rank 4 plays and more effects going off. (coach soldier wolfbark and fire formation tenki help there)

honestly my best advice would be deconstruct it and focus it more. 

acejavelin    0
On 12/17/2017 at 8:20 PM, Stomach The MachoPony said:

no offence but i dont even know where to begin with this, so much mishmash it makes my eyes burn. i mean you have a clear theme which is a good start but beyond that i got nothing.i'd honestly pick a more focused theme (Fire King or Volcanic for example) and work from there. 

for Volcanic check out Blaze Accelerator Reload as a fantastic card for consistency, and add volcanic scattershot and royal firestorm guards. counter can still be kept in if you really want

For fire king, focus on popping off garunix with Island as much as possible and searching/reviving your lower levelled monsters for easy rank 4 plays and more effects going off. (coach soldier wolfbark and fire formation tenki help there)

honestly my best advice would be deconstruct it and focus it more. 

Fair enough... Guess I'd rather get an honest opinion that a smoke screen. Thanks the for the advice.