Sign in to follow this  
mmf

GoatStats

+mmf    23367

GoatStats

I guess I should go ahead and put a thread up for this. I'm working on compiling a database of Goat Format tournament statistics, in the vein of Tafostats. I ended up splitting the project into three separate Google docs, which I'll link separately here:

Goat-List: This is a list of the top cut and final results for every major Goat Format tournament since April 2005.

GoatTopDecks: This is a database of top decks from Goat Format tournaments, including links to every premier event top cut decklist from April to August of 2005.

GoatRank: This is my attempt to port the ChampRank system over to Goat Format. Every player with a top cut finish at a major Goat Format tournament is "ranked" with a point system. I split the data up into three distinct eras: the Historic era, e.g. 2005, the Exarion era, e.g. 2012-2014, and the Modern era, e.g. 2015-present.

As is the case with our DGz WarBot Elo ratings, none of this is intended to be a perfect or objective ranking of skill, especially not all-time skill, in Goat Format. The GR rankings are intended more as year-to-year "Power Rankings" that focus on results. Most of the decks in GTD are not what I'd call good, as the vast majority (right now) are included for historical purposes. Nonetheless, I expect this data to be helpful in at least some way to Goat Format duelists at all levels of play.

Right now I'm working on the H2H tab of GR. Right now, only the Modern era is completed; I'm working on the Exarion era ones right now, and will do the Historic ones after that. Remember that all 4 Seasonal Playoff events in 2018 will count as Majors and all 4 Goat format DCSes will count as Regionals!

• Upvote 6

+mmf    23367

The Exarion Head-to-Head tab is completely finished and I'm about a third of the way through the Historic ones for GoatRank. Decklists from DCS Juneau and the four Live qualifiers have been added to GoatTopDecks.

I am also in the process of implementing a new feature where you can click on a player's name in any of the 3 spreadsheets to view a detailed statistical rundown of that player and their results. You'll notice that this is the case for about half of the players on the Modern ranking. I'm going to be working more on this after I finally finish the Historic head-to-heads.