Flacko

dude fuck the beatles

»Flacko    2145

they are fucking garbage.

a lot of people have ridden my ass for not liking the beatles. holy shit. never have i seen a more cock sucked mediocre band in my god damn life. no one will ever stop dick riding the beatles. the shit has gotten so annoying.

not only that but they are terrible terrible people. they are not worth remembering. they're garbage. there were better bands back then. sick of this.

• Downvote 3
  • Haha 1

+rei+    34503

How much experience do you have playing and studying music?

+rei+    34503

i mean for the direction of popular and rock music they are one of the most important acts of all time, but you are def right in that they were by and large terrible human beings

»Flacko    2145

I play the piano. I'm not very good at it but neither were The Beatles but they also hired other artists to play parts that were too difficult for them before.

I have been studying a lot of music for the past couple years. I've known a lot about older artists even when I was younger but I've really poured myself into music recently. IDK how I would measure how much I know though.

»Flacko    2145

they were basically the jonas brothers of the 60s.

• Haha 1

»Flacko    2145
1 minute ago, Sophocles said:

Do share

pink floyd, the who.

+rei+    34503
6 minutes ago, markus said:

they were basically the jonas brothers of the 60s.

Yes, if no one had ever done what the Jonas brothers had done before ever and created a new business model for it, then evolved their sound and concepts to more complex content, developed previously-never used recording techniques, changed the way bands market themselves and sell content, and fundamentally altered how music is developed, produced, and sold.

but yeah they weren't the best pianists in the world whoopdifuck.

• Upvote 4

+rei+    34503
Just now, markus said:

pink floyd, the who.

Pink Floyd in the 60s exist because of the beatles; and their best music (in the mid 70s, years after the beatles broke up) are a style of album that functionally didn't exist prior to Sg Peppers and Revolver (...and Pet Sounds) 

The Who are great; but I mean they don't do anything better or more original than the beatles did, and their best album was also released post-beatles

+rei+    34503
13 minutes ago, markus said:

I play the piano. I'm not very good at it but neither were The Beatles but they also hired other artists to play parts that were too difficult for them before.

I have been studying a lot of music for the past couple years. I've known a lot about older artists even when I was younger but I've really poured myself into music recently. IDK how I would measure how much I know though.

I mean in terms of theory not 'knowing bands', and how recording works.

»Flacko    2145

i'm not educated on recording music very much.

»Flacko    2145

or marketing i guess.

»Flacko    2145

i listen to musicians, watch them perform, study what they've produced and read about them.

»Flacko    2145

pretty sure eric clapton played for george harrison before too

1 minute ago, markus said:

pretty sure eric clapton played for george harrison before too

Played WITH George Harrison* 

»Flacko    2145

naw he recorded for harrison before fr.

1 minute ago, markus said:

naw he recorded for harrison before fr.

They were friends and equals who partnered on some projects. The way you put it makes it sound like Eric Clapton was selling his services as a guitar player. 

Soul    7939

idk where one would start. in calling you a moron. there are a lot of angles here. all of which leave you gaping.

Haruki    9169

the beatles were into aleister crowley and thelema like david bowie, led zeppelin, and black sabbath. learning about it was interesting to me.

i like the beatles and how they merged rock and pop music with other different types of music such as classical and indian music but they aren't my favorite band of the 1960s. my favorite band of the 1960s are the velvet underground but the beatles are my favorite british band of the 1960s. also, my favorite british band of all time are roxy music.

• Upvote 1

Mascis    4491

Lmao

»Flacko    2145

idk soul i guess im a moron for not liking a fucking boy band that said they were better than god.

• Downvote 1
  • Haha 1

»Flacko    2145

bad sound imo. bad songs.

2 minutes ago, markus said:

idk soul i guess im a moron for not liking a fucking boy band that said they were better than god.

Well, tbf that was John Lennon who made the "Bigger than Jesus" remark and if any one member of The Beatles was an asshole it was Lennon. 

George and Ringo were more humble than that though. 

Haruki    9169

at least we all know that david bowie is better than the beatles. right?

• Upvote 2