Jazz    4953

solstice is one away from majority btw please hold off

Solstice    368

At work so this is going to be brief and I can't reply until I get home, but if you think I'm scum it requires you to believe that:

1. I've rolled scum 4 times in a row. Somebody do the math on the odds of that, it should show that its about as likely as winning the lottery.

2. I paint nick as scum for town credit, but neither follow through by bussing or switch to try to save my partner by making a case for and voting someone else, and instead passively sit by and let him die despite getting called out for it.  Remember how hard I tried to save tyranno when I was scum with him and Malcolm? Remember how quick I was to bus broken when he looked scummy as hell? I don't sit by and let partners die as scum, I either try to save them or at least turn it to my advantage by bussing.

Literally everyone's case on me with the exception of walia is shit, which is pretty sad considering he was my biggest scum read coming into the day. I need to go back and read over everybody again but that's going to have to wait until I get home. Please don't kill me before then.

Mascis    4423

I was scum 4 games in a row on epic 

it’s literally not a cop out 

Jazz    4953
On 1/9/2018 at 2:40 AM, Faint said:

i mean i was leaning jazz and tyranno after the interaction, but my god nicks post has put a real spanner in the works

i am agreeable to so many lynches at this point i hate you all

i like solstice for the callout on how bad nicks post was

i dont like walia trying to jump on low hanging fruit straight away - plus he's given basically fluff the whole time (wunter isnt much better but the low hanging fruit part is why i think walia is better to vote at this point)

unvote

vote walia

side note - tyranno, stop trying to be malcolm. im town and you suck at mafia :)

"i like solstice for the callout on how bad nicks post was"

> votes walia

> nick flips scum

> today faint is voting solstice

scum baby scum this guy is scum

Jazz    4953
On 1/9/2018 at 8:15 AM, Sophocles said:

Townreading Solstice and Mascis so far

sol is probably town

I think scum nk's somebody with correct town reads after losing their partner d1 just a thought

Jazz    4953
On 1/9/2018 at 9:10 AM, Faint said:

i'm gonna ask you all a veyr important question before i put my vote on:

are we sure that japnick isn't just being a moron?

happy to join the train but this isnt really inconsistent with his previous games and i think its very unlikely he is getting advice from a scum partner by being that wrong

soft defense

Jazz    4953
On 1/9/2018 at 11:59 AM, Faint said:

this is actually really good analysis of my posts tbh

it's on walia but i am willing to change - it's not a hard vote at all. im also sceptical because with walia its the same logic as japnick in that "super bad posts dont necessarily equate to being scum" - see our constant d1 mislynches of walia. 

the problem is that your initial theory of "omg faint and walia scum together" is wrong because im town, which is the drop in your day so far (im not gonna omgus vote you back though, cos i do agree with jazz in thinking you are likely town)

jazz however, i dont like at all. if i do die today then once i flip town please murder his ass k thanks

distancing from his walia vote

falsely equating the walia logic with being the same as the japnick logic

ding ding ding

• Upvote 1

Jazz    4953
18 hours ago, Faint said:

Jazz is still tunnelling me? Nice

Will read shortly

how would you know without reading...?

Mascis    4423

unvote vote faint

• Thanks 1

Jazz    4953
11 hours ago, BuildTheWalia said:

Faint stopped tunnelling me after Nick flipped. Do you think scum would rather push for ME or for JAZZ?

He waited almost 12 hours before posting, he saw where everybody stood before he posted

hypothetically speaking, if he is scum he has no reason to vote for you as the only other person who expressed interest in voting for you is solstice

his 2 options are to vote for solstice or stick with his initial reads which were me+tyranno being scum

because i'm still tunneling him it's "perfectly logical" for him to vote for me

if he continued to tunnel you it would honestly raise some serious red flags would it not? That's why everyone's flipped on solstice

Jazz    4953
18 hours ago, Faint said:

I didnt want to lynch jap nick yesterday cos i thought we were going by "bad equals scum" logic. Turns out that logic was right .-.

Fwiw i disagree entirely with jazzs initial occums assumption - of im scum partner with nick i absolutely jump on that train. Or even try to move it away and jump on it late... KIND OF LIKE JAZZ DID, HMM

Last scun is solstice or jazz. If you need to lynch me to then murder jazz then go right ahead

this post is ridiculous lmao

not town mindset after d1 scum lynch

Solstice    368

Ok I went back through the thread again and this is what stood out to me.  Wunter actually has quite a few defenses of nick day 1 whilst still listing him as scum, so if they are partners it could be used either to defend him or bus him later depending on the situation.  Being that Wunter said he was willing to vote faint or walia yesterday, I’d hedge that if scum he tried it as a non-linking defense, but it wasn’t enough. 

On 1/9/2018 at 11:52 AM, Wunterslaus said:

That I don't disagree with seeing Nick as scum, but I'm having a hard time voting him for being panicky and hasty in his posts when this can just be his playstyle. I'd rather stick with my reads and see if my initial thought was right. If not than Nick has a higher priority for me

On 1/9/2018 at 10:33 AM, Wunterslaus said:

I willing to go for Faint. Preference goes to him and Walia atm. Japnick at a solid third place.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:42 AM, Wunterslaus said:

I can defenitly see why Japnick can be scum but I've never seen him play and don't know his playstyle yet. So far he seems panicky and hasty in his posts.

So on first and second sight his posts are not that great but I feel there are some decents thoughts behind some of his reads so far.

Still more inclined to go for Walia today and see if what I thought is true. My thoughts on my scumteam has not changed.

The flip side of this is that town wunter has repeatedly managed to hit scum teams early on and just lacks the persuasion skills to convince anyone else, so if he’s town the chance of walia or faint being the last scum is extremely high.  (Look at forest fire where he got the scum team day 1.) 

I already made a case on walia; apparently nobody likes it. I’ll admit Walia was completely null for me up until nicks’s posts dropped and made it appear he was protecting him, and Walia has had a few good posts (mostly involving questioning others or his analysis of nick’s posts) so if nick hadn’t hedged a walia defense he would probably be a town read for me right now.  Maybe I have it backwards and their opposite placements were supposed to be to distance from wunter or bus later if needed, but I still find it hard to just clear walia as town.  The fact he unvoted me to get me out of the hammer zone earns him some points though.

As for faint…him saying jazz is scum because, and I quote 

19 hours ago, Faint said:

I didnt want to lynch jap nick yesterday cos i thought we were going by "bad equals scum" logic. Turns out that logic was right .-.

Fwiw i disagree entirely with jazzs initial occums assumption - of im scum partner with nick i absolutely jump on that train. Or even try to move it away and jump on it late... KIND OF LIKE JAZZ DID, HMM

Last scun is solstice or jazz. If you need to lynch me to then murder jazz then go right ahead

then later agreeing with his scum read in jazz to kill me when I did neither of the things faint just said nick’s scum partner would do…is pretty contradictory.  Add that to faint’s bad day one of suspecting mascis + tyranno and defending nick, and he doesn’t look great.  I still don’t understand why he wouldn’t just bus nick, but then again walia was a pretty close runner up, so maybe he thought that had a chance.  

While I don’t like how Jazz is so dismissive of my walia case the fact that he didn’t hammer me and warned others to unvote because I was in hammer range earns him some major points.  I doubt it’s tyranno and if mascis is scum planning to slide to a victory with such a shitty strategy then we all deserve to lose anyway for letting it happen.  

My walia train is going nowhere, so if you’d all rather vote faint I’ll work with you since reading back he’s not exactly standing out as a shining beacon of  town.  If anybody is interested in discussing wunter I’m interested in what you think his alignment is and why.   

Pretty tired. Going to bed. I mostly put what little energy I had into dealing with some WfM business but since I'm not working tomorrow I'll try to post, unlike this evening. Nighty night guys

Jazz    4953

Solstice:

I'm dismissive of your Walia case because it looks completely ass backwards to me and is totally dependent on your interpretation of nicks actions and words or lackthereof. It's flimsy. It would be one thing if you had an airtight case but I poked three major holes in it. First, Walia was the very first voter of Nick. Second, Nick could have been afk. Third, nick could have been lurking and saw at the end of the day it was 4-2 and his vote wouldn't even matter.

Assessing Walia based solely on what nick said and did is obscenely flawed. Try assessing Walia for Walia.

As for wunter, I reexamined him as well. His posting is consistent and he mentioned that if Walia were to flip town he would want to lynch nick. That's unlikely to be a scum partner, because if the Walia lynch goes through like they were hypothetically planning now he has committed himself to voting nick the next day. It's nothing like the soft defense Faint was doing.

its just faint

Jazz    4953

I also expect nicks partner to be extremely hostile and frustrated based on the state of the game. Frustration and anger is suspicious to me. Solstice your anger really hurt your standing and you need to let it go. The analysis you're providing combined with sophs hard Town read of you likely makes you Town, but my God. Don't be angry when Town lynches scum on Day one and we suspect someone who wasn't even in on the vote and comes out guns blazing for the damn counterwagon as the top priority.

end rant

Jazz    4953

That said faint has been a salty dog all game so that fits as well

ZeroPassion    682

Do I feel motivated to give you guys more New Years tips?

YOU BET!

Let's stay on nutrition. Never forget to eat breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. Every meal is so important and you need food in you. Not the chips, fries, or fried foods all the time, either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE COUNT 2.02

Solstice (L-3) (Faint)

Faint (L-1) (Jazz, Tyranno, Mascis)

NV: Walia, Solst, Wunter

With 7 alive it takes 4 votes for Majority.

QUOTA COUNT

@Wunterslaus needs 3 more posts for quota.

Day ends in about 18 hours and 28 minutes.

Wunterslaus    187

I knew that if the Nick lynch went through and I was only defending Nick while I certainly also suspected him I'd be a good mislynch today. I'm trying to have a more open agenda.

Wunterslaus    187

If Faint ends up being town, Walia would be my guess, but tbh I just think it's Faint

Faint    5619

i mean im town

you all know my thoughts, jazz is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with my suspicion and i cant tell if its scummy or just him being terrible

someone can hammer me tbh i dont care, i wont self vote just incase town actually comes to its senses

Wunterslaus    187

After rereading Solstice and Jazz, not Walia. I just can't see someone bussing Nick when you can play the same game I did and just say that you can't really judge Nick's play so far.

Mascis also didn't vote Nick but I he's higher on my townlist than the other two

Faint    5619
5 minutes ago, Wunterslaus said:

After rereading Solstice and Jazz, not Walia. I just can't see someone bussing Nick when you can play the same game I did and just say that you can't really judge Nick's play so far.

Mascis also didn't vote Nick but I he's higher on my townlist than the other two

lol are you serious? scum would've been crazy to not bus nick in that situation