Nate1080

Nintendo Labo

Nate1080    1225

closest Nintendo Switch will likely get to AR/VR right now.

Let’s discuss how Nintendo is trying to sell you cardboard and how they will make piles of money on it.

If its any consolation, Nintendo will provide intrustrctions on cut outs free of charge (so you can use any material you like or replace parts).

• Upvote 1

NB96    850

It looks really cool but it should be very cheap to get parents to buy it for their kids imo. They will also need to make plenty of games based around using it too. It may end up being like the Xbox Kinnect if it doesn't entice the kiddies.

In fact I think they should sell the compatible games with the Labo itself in a bundle.

Edited by NB96

Nate1080    1225

They will sell it in bundles.

the first set will have 5 games (I only know the piano and the rc car are in it) with the Labo for $70usd

the second set will be the robot game with the robot backpack for $80usd

they will also sell sticker and decorative item together for $10usd.

Idk if it would end up like the Kinect, unlike that this has actual tangible items that kids can build and decorate that interact with the game. That’s pretty cool tbh.

NB96    850

It's a lot of money, those games ought to be worth £20 each.

Edited by NB96

my main problem is i see "hardcore" gamers (or just xbox/ps fanboys in general) using it as another excuse to bash the switch, also basically cheating parents out of money by making kids beg for cardboard + toys

Aaron    2027

who cares if hard core gamers bash the switch. they're fucking idiots, all these retards on console war forums that can't just appreciate a good idea which is being used profitably. 

go nintendo. 

i just hope they're not devoting too much resources to this BS which might neglect other projects.