Sophocles

Anonymous Back to Basics Mafia

Sophocles    2853

PM me to sign up. DO NOT post to sign up

Game info:

• Rules: Standard
  • # of players: 12
  • The game is anonymous: Each player will have access to an alternate account. The player's identities are not public.
  • Set-up: Back to basis: 3 Mafia goons vs. 7 VT, 1 cop, 1 doc (No self-heal, cannot heal the same target twice in a row)
  • Claiming: Full claiming allowed, as always no PM quoting etc.
  • Phases: 48/24
  • Quota: 4
  • Vote ties at EoD result in a random lynch between the tied players.

Sophocles    2853

Hello, friends, and welcome to the sign-ups for the (belated) second game of 2018!

"But Soph," you say, "I'm sick and tired of playing with the same old players in the mafia section! All they do is circlejerk around stale memes!"

"And people kill me N1 because I read their PMs!" rei complains.

Not to worry! Have you met Anonymous accounts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12?

Time to freshen things up a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I will be providing players with an alt account. Players are only allowed to post in the thread with that alt. (Pro-tip: Use a different browser to post on that account so you don't have to log in and out of your main every time)

- The game is completely anonymous, i.e. the (real) playerlist will not be public. PM me to sign up. Posting that you're playing in this game is allowed but will not be accepted as a sign-up and can negatively impact your team.

- The set-up is back to basics: 3 Mafia goons vs. 7 VT, 1 cop, 1 doc (No self-heal, cannot heal the same target twice in a row)

Feel free to PM me any questions.

The game will start when I have 12 players, sunday evening GMT at the earliest.

On 1/26/2018 at 4:29 PM, Sophocles said:

Hello, friends, and welcome to the sign-ups for the (belated) second game of 2018!

"But Soph," you say, "I'm sick and tired of playing with the same old players in the mafia section! All they do is circlejerk around stale memes!"

"And people kill me N1 because I read their PMs!" rei complains.

Not to worry! Have you met Anonymous accounts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12?

Time to freshen things up a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I will be providing players with an alt account. Players are only allowed to post in the thread with that alt. (Pro-tip: Use a different browser to post on that account so you don't have to log in and out of your main every time)

- The game is completely anonymous, i.e. the (real) playerlist will not be public. PM me to sign up. Posting that you're playing in this game is allowed but will not be accepted as a sign-up and can negatively impact your team.

- The set-up is back to basics: 3 Mafia goons vs. 7 VT, 1 cop, 1 doc (No self-heal, cannot heal the same target twice in a row)

Feel free to PM me any questions.

The game will start when I have 12 players, sunday evening GMT at the earliest.

Lol

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

ニック    14
On 1/30/2018 at 3:52 AM, Sophocles said:

I need one two more hnnnng

fix'ed

Jazz    4963

Maybe we shouldn't have banned / driven away all the new players / fired one of the few active mods

• Upvote 3

Sophocles    2853
1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Maybe we shouldn't have banned / driven away all the new players / fired one of the few active mods

who

ニック    14
3 hours ago, Jazz said:

Oh i remember this, and no some of those new players need to be banned because they make the game worse, such as TheSoulSheep. (Another site). Needless to say it stems from activity, interest, players getting bored, and people getting tired of waits.

Myself, I get tired of:
Waiting

Idiots

Bad Hosts

Seeing DGz has 3 active users online TOTAL

Love the idea for the game don't get me wrong, but i've been waiting 1 week for a +ONE, so naturally I and perhaps others, will get to the point where we no longer "have time" or we are 100% sure we will forget and not get told when to login on DGz to start mafia.

1 hour ago, Sophocles said:

who

I am 100% sure he's talking about ACP

• Downvote 2

Jazz    4963
4 hours ago, Sophocles said:

who

Sage, Silver, Loli, Mustang, KP, Frankie J, and myself

Jazz    4963
2 hours ago, ニック said:

Oh i remember this, and no some of those new players need to be banned because they make the game worse, such as TheSoulSheep. (Another site). Needless to say it stems from activity, interest, players getting bored, and people getting tired of waits.

Myself, I get tired of:
Waiting

Idiots

Bad Hosts

Love the idea for the game don't get me wrong, but i've been waiting 1 week for a +ONE, so naturally I and perhaps others, will get to the point where we no longer "have time" or we are 100% sure we will forget and not get told when to login on DGz to start mafia.

No, this entire post is wrong

• Upvote 1

ニック    14

Then I am lost, and confused. What other was there?

Jazz    4963
10 minutes ago, ニック said:

Then I am lost, and confused. What other was there?

I was a mafia mod. I was very active, hosted a lot of games, and encouraged people to play . Then ACP fired me because I complained that he was banning our user base for petty/personal reasons (which he was) and I wouldn't admit to "being a terrorist" (his words, but essentially I quit the site out of protest for him banning silver over a personal dispute over money, and when he reversed that shitty decision, thought it was a good opportunity to fire me because I cannot be trusted)

+rei+    34422

itt nick whines about everything, as usual, with no context and no motivation and still no idea how the subscription button works

ニック    14
2 hours ago, rei said:

itt nick whines about everything, as usual, with no context and no motivation and still no idea how the subscription button works

Context:

Let's me see:

Inactive (I could join 10 mafia universe games in the time it takes a DGz game to have a day phase, but it can't start a game until half a month after sign-ups on average during this season)

Inactive (When I do get into a game, no one is online to post, anything and thus would rather have me get MK'ed for inactivity or fluffing throughout the entire game, then have me play a game and make the section active)

Idiots (We have none for once, and I can't even get a game to start, even if I weren't in it)

Finally got PC (It's convenient that as SOON as I am able to PC game, and play the game without mobile only, that everyone is 'inactive')

Oh and then when I finally LEAVE the section gets active again.

You're right, why do I complain.

Cya after the migration everyone ;)

Thats why I complain rei 

ニック    14
3 hours ago, Jazz said:

I was a mafia mod. I was very active, hosted a lot of games, and encouraged people to play . Then ACP fired me because I complained that he was banning our user base for petty/personal reasons (which he was) and I wouldn't admit to "being a terrorist" (his words, but essentially I quit the site out of protest for him banning silver over a personal dispute over money, and when he reversed that shitty decision, thought it was a good opportunity to fire me because I cannot be trusted)

So many questions, so many edits.

Really don't know how else to ask this: Why aren't you hired, now that ACPs out of the picture?; Also Why isn't ACP Banned for something of that scale?

Especially given that the sites barren already

Edited by ニック

Faint    5633
On 2/3/2018 at 8:39 PM, ニック said:

Myself, I get tired of:
Waiting

Idiots

Bad Hosts

this is literally the stupidest post i have EVER read on dgz

and when i say literally i dont mean literally as in "saying literally but meaning figuratively" - i mean literally as in LITERALLY 

Nate1080    1220
On 2/3/2018 at 3:39 PM, ニック said:

What I’m about to say has nothing to do with the current conversation at hand, just speaking in general, but this is something I’ve noticed myself.

I usually look at the total number of active users (I’m often on mobile, scrolling down shows active topics/users), this morning (9am est) there was literally 2 users online, myself and Faint. There’s more users atm, but I’ve never seen that few active users. Its usually a handful of people at any given time. DGz has really fallen on hard times.

• Thanks 1

ニック    14
1 minute ago, Faint said:

this is literally the stupidest post i have EVER read on dgz

and when i say literally i dont mean literally as in "saying literally but meaning figuratively" - i mean literally as in LITERALLY 

At least I can explain myself when I post, without going offline first?

Details?

I get tired of waiting for it to start, because it's inactive because of people like ACP nuking activity and making people flee

I hate idiots who say "you are dumb" but don't say how, such as yourself

Hosts say "I plan to start monday, but give no update until friday and then cancel because busy IRL"

Personally I am just PMSing because I realize that people talk shit about my "bad skills" but don't try to "help me". I get 1-2 give me tips and the rest just wait for the next game, rather than aide a player to learn.

Also I am pretty sure "stupidist" isn't a word, so mine's actually more intelligent than your's?

ニック    14
1 minute ago, Nate1080 said:

What I’m about to say has nothing to do with the current conversation at hand, just speaking in general, but this is something I’ve noticed myself.

I usually look at the total number of active users (I’m often on mobile, scrolling down shows active topics/users), I can’t remember the last time we had more than 10 users online at the same time. In fact, this morning (9am est) there was literally 2 users online, myself and Faint. DGz has fallen on really hard times, it’s sad.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

You're not the only one to notice this, and it happens when people "suck at the game" and "cannot get better" and "want help" but "only have 1-2 offer".

At least I got those 1-2 but still, fuck. More Mafioso please!