Sign in to follow this  
Literal Bastard

Jurassic Park is a cautionary tale

Yeah, pretty basic stuff. Currently at Gold 4, and with terrible luck from the tag duel tournament, I only have 2 salamandras. Here’s the list:

2x Salamandra

2x Guaiba 

2x Iguanon

2x Element Saurus

2x Sgt Electro

3x E-Con

2x Shard of Greed

2x Mirror Wall

1x Curse of Anubis 

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

1x Xing Zhen Hu

This deck is slow- well, not slow, but it’s very, very cautious. Since there’s such a clusterfuck of decks out there, I can’t see any other way to play. Haven’t played since WC 2017, so when I came back, I was overwhelmed. I thought Bujin was a legit contender, but with only Boar and Centipede at their disposal, it’s difficult to swing things from a non-neutral position. Now, why my choices?

We’ll go one by one

Guaiba: simple, efficient, advantage. I want to say Hydrogeddon is better, but it doesn’t quite match the deck’s pace. That, and it would throw the synergy out of wack, but more on that in a second.

Electro: Good things come to those that wait. Electro is the optimal opening play, forcing the game into a pure battle phase game, which is what this deck does so well. Your opponent must be playing with cards that are currently slow (i.e. Riryoku), with no real way of coping with the high attacks (i.e. traps), for the game to not funnel into an advantageous state. 

Iguanon: This card is Electro in disguise turn one, plus he clears the board of set monsters later on. Surprisingly good at funneling.

Salamandra: Beatdown in it’s purest form. It gets stronger if the game progresses past turn 4, too.

Element Saurus: This card is pure glue, and the reason I think the deck works. It clears the board for Electro/Iguanon and is such a nice feint for the people I’m matching with this far.

E-Con:  still the best card since WC. It is the pace of the deck incarnate. No main phase 2 means easy cleanup. It’s still game more often than not with it’s second effect.

Shard: At first, it was filler, but the more I thought about it, it’s so perfect. The two turns invested always give a good return, that, minus the occasional straight flush play, affords one the comfort of committing three cards to the back row.

Mirror Wall: It’s great. Honestly not sure about this versus wall of disruption, though. I’ve been alternating.

Curse of Anubis: protects against both walls and is a great attack deterrent. 

Windstorm: kinda underwhelming, but I’ve been facing cloudians and it will stay until I don’t see one. Probably the only card I’m on the fence about.

Xing Zhen Hu: I would run 3 if it weren’t such a dead draw after one of them goes off. Perfect for shutting down other decks’ traps and funneling the game. 

So, any thoughts?

BF9525BF-AB93-4593-86EA-6828B7CB73E7.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Inti    76

Interesting I have not seen many Dino decks use Guiba and I assume its due to the fact the 2nd copy can't attack when you use his effect or something else? As for MW vs WOD both have their pros/cons the major downside to WOD is Ancient Gears make it dead and against GBs its meh unless they a few of them are attacking at once but most smart ones are cautious plus their 2800 fusion shuts it down.WOD pro is its great against Hazy/other swarm decks. MW pro is that its chainable and you can stall for a turn.

It looks like a decent Dino deck and the only changes I would make are these

-2 Shard of Greed (I would suggest taking it out as you progress if you have better backrow)

+2 Black Brachios (Its a pvp SR reward that helps the deck run over anything with small defense)

+0-1 Anti Magic Arrows (Is another decent anti backrow card you can get from the log in SR tickets from the 1st Anniversary)

+1 Sergeant Electro (It is better then Jurrac Iguanon)

+0-1 Fossil Dig (A bit hard to get since you have to max Rex to get it)

+2 Super Rush Headlong (Its in a mini box and is one of the best spells in DL espically in this deck)

+0-2 Floodgate Trap Hole (Add it if you have it's really good against other beatdown/control decks,Hazy Flame, and CAs)

Edited by Inti

Faint    5634

Have you considered Wall of Disruption over Mirror Wall? Generally MUCH better. Also definitely max out on electro.

Agreed at -Shard of Greed, there's no real benefit to it in PvP where games are much quicker.

• Upvote 1

Faint    5634

much better

in the current meta, in any general beatdown build i always try to have 1-2 forbidden chalice (absolutely shuts down GBs and hurts CA a LOT - plus very versatile)

tbh in your build id remove curse/windstorm for 2 chalice, but depends how aggressively you play with the dinos

• Upvote 1