Sign in to follow this  
scuzzlebutt

Announcing the Winter Classic

+scuzzlebutt    23484

A lot of people have been asking me about team-based postseason play, and I'm happy to finally be able to give them something with this announcement.

At the same time as Winter playoffs, we will be running a teams-only invitational tournament for both formats. All teams are able to qualify, even the ones that weren't signed up for the regular season! If your team finished at the top of its regular season, you're already in for that format -- you don't need to do anything else from now until March 24. The top 3 remaining teams with nonzero points on these leaderboards for each format on 3/24 at 11:59 PM CST will be invited to play in the Winter Classic, a single-elimination teams tournament played in a similar format to the 3v3 round robin.

Here's how it works: every team starts with a base point rating based on their performance in the regular season Round Robin. Your team's base point value is the number of regular season wars your team won in the round robin multiplied by 3. Exhibition war wins are worth 1 point each, and there is no penalty for losing them, meaning it's in your best interest to play as many wars as possible!

First-round pairings for the Winter Classic are chosen by the top seed in each format and every team will lock in a 5-person ABCDE roster on the first day of the tournament. The winning team will receive a special prize TBA. I'll also give you dono or whatever.

• Thanks 2