TheGoldenTyranno

TGT presents Star-Crossed Mafia Signups[Cancelled]

It's a fairly straightforward setup: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Star-Crossed 

8-player Open Setup game where the Mafia Goons know each other but have no factional communication

Other Mechanics:

Daystart
The Goons declare the Mafia kill target individually; the kill only goes through if all living Goons declare the same target.
If a Goon dies, the next Night is skipped.

Setup:
2 Mafia Goons
6 Vanilla Townies

48/24 day and night phases

4 post quota

1 vote quota 

Tied votes are decided by rng

Players:

1. Soph

2. Walia

3. :( rip Jazz

4. Faint

5. Silver

Subs:

• Upvote 1

+Sophocles    3066

i revived your mafia section and now i'm going to let it die. i hope it dies and never comes back. i can't believe all of you have wasted so many countless hours of my life. weeks upon weeks of wasted thinking when i could've been doing literally anything productive. the fateful day the antagonist convinced me to play with you all even though i really didn't want to was one of the biggest time wasters ive ever had in my whole life. everyone here has always treated me like shit. whenever i start to enjoy this game or do any good it just turns out really shitty for me. i'm done. i've accomplished enough in this game. literally nothing good ever comes out of this. everyone bitches about posi vibes or not being good enough or the rules in some fucking way or anything else. i can take that sure, but it is just garbage rolling town 100 times and scum 6 times. seriously this game has gotten so fucking boring and you all have seen me not try in well over half of my games and you know i don't enjoy this very much, but i put up with it anyway. the meta is stagnant. none of the good players play. all of the bad players do the same things. no one reads no one learns. no one new joins. it's just fucking boring. it takes so much for me to want to play this and actually when i do, i do incredible, but for the past couple times i've really tried to have a good time it's just been disappointing and sad. wwe mafia for example. i hate when i try and put a lot of effort into things and i do do good but the world just ends up fucking me anyways. i'm gone now. i can read scum and i can play scum. i don't need anything else from this stupid fucking game. please never mention the word mafia to me ever again or i'll have a literal heart attack. it's for my own safety. it is mental trauma for me. i'm honestly damaged from your stupid fucking game.

• Upvote 5

Jazz    5316

I'll play but only if we start soon

Just now, Jazz said:

I'll play but only if we start soon

The moment we have enough players

Faint    5823

oh go on then

Jazz    5316

Drop

Faint    5823

valiant effort buddy

Flacko    2143

i revived your mafia section and now i'm going to let it die. i hope it dies and never comes back. i can't believe all of you have wasted so many countless hours of my life. weeks upon weeks of wasted thinking when i could've been doing literally anything productive. the fateful day the antagonist convinced me to play with you all even though i really didn't want to was one of the biggest time wasters ive ever had in my whole life. everyone here has always treated me like shit. whenever i start to enjoy this game or do any good it just turns out really shitty for me. i'm done. i've accomplished enough in this game. literally nothing good ever comes out of this. everyone bitches about posi vibes or not being good enough or the rules in some fucking way or anything else. i can take that sure, but it is just garbage rolling town 100 times and scum 6 times. seriously this game has gotten so fucking boring and you all have seen me not try in well over half of my games and you know i don't enjoy this very much, but i put up with it anyway. the meta is stagnant. none of the good players play. all of the bad players do the same things. no one reads no one learns. no one new joins. it's just fucking boring. it takes so much for me to want to play this and actually when i do, i do incredible, but for the past couple times i've really tried to have a good time it's just been disappointing and sad. wwe mafia for example. i hate when i try and put a lot of effort into things and i do do good but the world just ends up fucking me anyways. i'm gone now. i can read scum and i can play scum. i don't need anything else from this stupid fucking game. please never mention the word mafia to me ever again or i'll have a literal heart attack. it's for my own safety. it is mental trauma for me. i'm honestly damaged from your stupid fucking game.

• Downvote 1
  • Haha 1

ニック    17

For what it's worth I dropped out of Mafia in general. I find a bunch of people always gunning me for bad plays means I shouldn't play the game, especially when I am not that good at it to begin with.

Sad to see it doesn't increase results, but I definitely am out of games so you won't see me (for good or bad) playing

If I don't get enough players by Thursday I'm just gonna cancel the game.  

• Sad 2

Jazz    5316
12 hours ago, rip kid no cry's brother said:

this deserves a neg because you suck for killing mafia

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5316
7 hours ago, ニック said:

For what it's worth I dropped out of Mafia in general. I find a bunch of people always gunning me for bad plays means I shouldn't play the game, especially when I am not that good at it to begin with.

Sad to see it doesn't increase results, but I definitely am out of games so you won't see me (for good or bad) playing

somehow you're more active in sign up threads than you are in the real games

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Upvote 5

Faint    5823

i also partially blame @mmf for running off slickz, one of the only active players :')

Jazz    5316

I'll try hosting a game when I get back from vacation in 2 weeks

• Upvote 1

+Sophocles    3066
5 hours ago, Faint said:

i also partially blame @mmf for running off slickz, one of the only active players :')

Fucking empty jar man

• Haha 1

ニック    17
14 hours ago, Jazz said:

somehow you're more active in sign up threads than you are in the real games

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yep, just like when I was active people were asleep, so I couldn't reply.

Life is also starting to "pile up" so I really don't want lesser activity than I had to be an issue lol

Honestly if the times are faster, and chat client based I can give it my best, but other than that I would be dead weight more so than not lol

Jazz    5316
23 minutes ago, ニック said:

Yep, just like when I was active people were asleep, so I couldn't reply.

Life is also starting to "pile up" so I really don't want lesser activity than I had to be an issue lol

Honestly if the times are faster, and chat client based I can give it my best, but other than that I would be dead weight more so than not lol

Chat client is too fast for good quality game play imo. It's also much harder to organize with a small number of users and works better with a large user base. It's just a different game and not what our site offers. If you wanna play somewhere faster honestly go to MU, epic mafia, etc.

You don't have to play here but the lolicantplay story doesn't add up when you appear to have the time to post about how you can't play :thinking:

• Confused 1

ニック    17
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2018 at 1:59 PM, Jazz said:

Chat client is too fast for good quality game play imo. It's also much harder to organize with a small number of users and works better with a large user base. It's just a different game and not what our site offers. If you wanna play somewhere faster honestly go to MU, epic mafia, etc.

You don't have to play here but the lolicantplay story doesn't add up when you appear to have the time to post about how you can't play :thinking:

The fact that I cannot play my "normal" way because I was taught by DnF.

Since then the playstyle every game I entered, starting with the game I scum read MBA for "blind town trust" in me, dating to now, I have always had issues playing, because of the activity time, and prior because I was shit asf lol

That said I also lose interest due to the activity, and I get annoyed with spam during a game. I have to read 100+ posts of "shitposts" to actually read for posts to "reply" to. Cannot tell you how annoying that is, especially on the go on Mobile.

Then I waste my time thinking "is their anything special to this shitpost, or do I ignore it".

This is very annoying, especially when trying to find an alledged quote, and then backread to see the context. I have to go back pages to a page I didn't even track the # of, and then re-read everything again. If it was compiled this would fix this and make it easier for me to reply "to everything" instead of "skimming" and skipping key details due to "spam".

Worst issue when I AM active, is I have to always Summarize everything, and sometimes I repeat the same thoughts other player's already stated, because I am playing catch up, and that makes me "fos" because I am posting their same point, town or scum I always seem suspect, so I tend not to "play" DGz games anymore, because everyone get's "irritated that I don't try" when I do, and auto reads me for scum when 90% of the time, I have been town, and 25% minimum of that, as vanilla trying to post as much of my thoughts as possible, and I still get scum read because the thoughts are not gathered all together, of which because I don't have time to sort through the backread messages.

When I am online during the last few games, people were online viewing the mafia thread, actively, and not responding. This leaves me the option of A) Wait until I login the next day, of which I will likely be killed off by the town for "not replying", or B) Post a summary of my thoughts in game about the players, and leave praying I don't get scumread for summarizing "all my thoughts before I leave, in case I am asked, and scum read for not replying".

Edited by ニック

ニック    17
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2018 at 1:59 PM, Jazz said:

when you appear to have the time to post about how you can't play :thinking:

yeah during the 'aftergame' or 'after i died' and even then, i was "as active" in posting about unable to play

seriously if you want to post a list of arguments, at least make them have a pedestal to stand on

I will look into the other suggestions however, thanks for those

Edited by ニック

+rei+    34622

If a Goon dies, the next Night is skipped.

i feel like thats a real bad balance problem

Canceled per lack of players. Sorry guys

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3