Sign in to follow this  
mmf

Duelistgroundz Championship Series: New York City | Coverage Thread

+mmf    23460

Ev7avc6.png

Day 1 Intro

Welcome to the first current-format DuelistGroundz Championship Series event of the year! Today, we'll have two Round Robin pools played out to determine our top 4 for Day 2. The European pool features two of Storm of Ragnarok's finest, Tristan and Chevalier de Fromage, as well as the notorious Lemo Pear Gang's very own Ultra Plant and former Seraphim member wrinklywinkienow representing Bazoo BoysOn the other side of the globe, Noxjja will have a chance to put his new team Tea and Biscuits on the map in his pool with rip kid no cryMilk and Masha. We've also got a diverse field of deck types in competition here today, and the tournament could be anyone's game from True Draco to Odd-Eyes. Be sure not to miss this weekend of high-octane explosive tournament coverage on DuelistGroundz.com!

+mmf    23460

Day 1 Deck Profile

Coming soon!

+mmf    23460

Standings after Day 1

WINNERS SEMIFINALS: RIP KID NO CRY (TRUE DRACO) VS TRISTAN (KAIJU ABC)

WINNERS SEMIFINALS: NOXJJA (ODD-EYES) VS CHEVALIER DE FROMAGE (FLUFFAL)

5th. Arvin / Masha

7th. Milk / Ultra Plant

+mmf    23460

Top 4 Decklists and Interviews

NOXJJA

decklist:

N3Djocp.jpg

interview:

Name: Jayy

Greatest dueling influence: One and only GAMAL GROOKS! Since my childhood when I was yee bit lad, I met someone named kamal. He was the bestest friend I ever had. Even to this day he comes to my door and visits me with his dreadcopter. Another great dueling influence is nicey. Nicey snatch steal kamal's dreads and hand it to me a source of power. This is why i am the best to this day!

Previous accomplishments: I swept Bullet Club during the Bullet Club v. LEGACY GRUSADER war. Probably the easiest war of my life! I won locals 3 weeks in a row one time. I was once 4-0 against Based Loli. I won a Jump. I won last season Duelistgroundz playoffs. I created Calvin Tahan. I'm a Card Guy. I bleed Red. I 4-0'd PPG in an iron man. I destroyed Avery Foster in goat format. I exposed Justin Delhon for cheating.

What deck are you playing today and what led you to play it? What card was your MVP in Day 1? I was playing odd eyes (aka best deck) my mvp card day 1 was tomahawk cuz everytime i was able to summon the bitch i literally won the game! HELL YEAH!!

Any thoughts on your Day 1 pools rounds? HELL YEAH! boiiiiiiiiiiii that was the easiest shit of my life jesus christ man. mango draw cherries 2 games in a row every game every match what can i do eh?

Who do you think are your best and worst matchups for tomorrow? they are all ez ass matcuhps they just need cherry to win and my worst matchup is rip kid no cry cuz that nigga draws cherries religously smh

TRISTAN

decklist:

lxoGjcI.jpg

interview:

Name:

Greatest dueling influence:

Previous accomplishments: 

What deck are you playing today and what led you to play it? What card was your MVP in Day 1?

Any thoughts on your Day 1 pools rounds?

Who do you think are your best and worst matchups for tomorrow?

RIP KID NO CRY

decklist:

oJBOoZt.jpg

interview:

Name: Idriss Hosni from the big land of Marrakech, Morocco!

Greatest dueling influence: has to be gift1 he taught me everything, he's like a master to me !

Previous accomplishments: Winner on DNF war season while being IP banned, won DB donation contests 6 months donation tournament, Winner of DU war season, Winner of Masquerate war season, Destroyed AZP and Soul on goat format, won 50 moroccan locals in a row, won 50+ lives, won DevPro World Championship etc.. etc.. etc..

What deck are you playing today and what led you to play it? What card was your MVP in Day 1?

I played True Draco because the deck can just straight up win by playing floodgates and I wasn't confident enough in running Pendulums because I didn't playtest enough! MVP card was probably Cherries because it was autowin vs Pendulums by banishing their Electrumite noting that I only played vs Pendulums all day 1!

It was amazing, I didn't lose any single game and everything went smooth!

I don't think True Draco has any bad matchup but you can say that cards like Evenly Matched and hand traps are the decks worst matchup! Same thing for best matchup since once you set up your board of Master peace and set cards every deck is your best matchup!AND SHOUTOUT TO LPG BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

CHEVALIER DE FROMAGE

decklist:

xA0KJqa.jpg

interview:

Name: Me.

Greatest dueling influence: Fresh air between rounds, tons of water and a baguette have the biggest influence on me in terms of staying in a good dueling contition.

Previous accomplishments: I got out of bed in time for a round 1 starting as early as 1pm.

I'm playing fluffal because I thought everyone would be siding a lot of hate for crystron. My day 1 MVP card was Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries, that card has always been winning my fluffal matches ever since it was released.

I think my day 1 bracket was the toughest bracket in this tournament, with the exception of Ultra Plant who was essentially a freebie.

I think my worst matchup is rip kid no cry, I didn't prepare my deck at all to play against true draco because I 100% trusted my fellow cometitiors to eliminate him, good job Tristan :rolleyes:. Anyone else in the tournament isn't even competition.

+mmf    23460

Day 2 Intro

Welcome to Day 2 of DCS: New York City! Today, we'll see Noxjja attempt to silence his Metro-backed haters as he takes his Odd-eyes deck to bat against Chevalier de Fromage's Fluffals. On the other side of the bracket, rip kid no cry will face off against Tristan's ABC deck in a matchup that we haven't seen since ESPN and LPG warred last fall. Four radically different decks will square off here today, and only one will walk away the victor. Be sure to tune in to DuelistGroundz.com for all of our action-packed Day 2 coverage!

+mmf    23460

Day 2 Feature Matches

+mmf    23460

Day 2 Wrap-Up

The dust has settled, and Lemo Pear Gang has claimed their first DCS title! This weekend, rip kid no cry became the second duelist in history, after Calvin Tahan, to win a DCS from loser's bracket, and he did it through a gauntlet of the finest players Storm of Ragnarok had to offer. After sending Tristan to loser's bracket at the beginning of Day 2, he suffered an unexpected 2-0 loss to Chevalier de Fromage's Fluffal deck in Winner's Finals. Waiting for him in Loser's Finals was Tristan once again, but Mango won that match as well as two straight against CDF to claim the crown at DCS: New York City. Once again, our top 4 today was as diverse as could possibly be: no two players played the same deck. In the end, True Draco claimed the #1 spot, but Pendulum, ABC and even Fluffals were still represented on day 2.

Lastly, Mango wants everyone to know that donation codes are his life and that he will crush whoever are your so called heroes to get it. He welcomes everyone to the "LPG PENINTETIARY" and is eager to repeat his 1st place performance in this year's Winter Seasonal Playoffs.

2K18    255

maddie - sorry for ditching you. i deleted my discord account, and it slipped my mind that i was even supposed to do a commentary or whatever. i moved out of my house in earnest and i don't/didn't have a private place to VC in so i don't think i could have done it in any case.

• Wow 1

+mmf    23460
On 3/14/2018 at 10:16 AM, 2K18 said:

maddie - sorry for ditching you. i deleted my discord account, and it slipped my mind that i was even supposed to do a commentary or whatever. i moved out of my house in earnest and i don't/didn't have a private place to VC in so i don't think i could have done it in any case.

wow LOSER

+mmf    23460

btw we still have your warbot elo. deleting your discord account is futile. you can never escape warbot.