M A T T I E    1

Hey guys, I've not played Yugioh since upperdeck printed cards, I'm talking like 2005-2008 was likely the last time I had cards in my possession. This is around the time there was only about 7-9 sets out and I think the newest one was Pharonic Guardian. Pegasus and Joey starters were still considered new. Anyway, I'm trying to catch up and realize what my most worthwhile investments would be. I obviously can obtain cards and sealed products due to having a job / income. I learned about Metalink monsters and I learned about Pendalums. I also know about xyz'. I haven't really seen them effectively used except for some deck breakdowns on YouTube and a match or two I watched on there, but it's hard to follow what's really happening for a vintage player at the speed that they were playing at the competition. I'd like to ask, what's my most worthwhile investments if I'm gonna drop some cash on some sealed product? Are any of the structure decks any good for me? I'd really like to have an effective Blue Eyes deck, and I also want a Toon deck, and spellcaster deck.. And maybe one "New-school" deck based off of meta's. If you guys can tell me decks and packs that would help, and maybe give me a list of singles I can use for these builds, that would truly be amazing. Keep in mind I'd prefer them to stand a chance in a modern match. Is there different rulesets that only allow old cards? Or other than the restricted lists for tourny play can all cards of all times of release be played in a deck? Thank you so much for your time. Considering I want a BEWD deck it probably can't hurt to grab a Kaiba structure and a couple extra blue eyes right off the bat. 

Jazz    5327

> returning after 10 years
> 1 post

????????????????????

Me.    57
1 minute ago, Jazz said:

> returning after 10 years
> 1 post

????????????????????

Returning to the game, not to the forums.

Me.    57
1 hour ago, M A T T I E said:

Hey guys, I've not played Yugioh since upperdeck printed cards, I'm talking like 2005-2008 was likely the last time I had cards in my possession. This is around the time there was only about 7-9 sets out and I think the newest one was Pharonic Guardian. Pegasus and Joey starters were still considered new. Anyway, I'm trying to catch up and realize what my most worthwhile investments would be. I obviously can obtain cards and sealed products due to having a job / income. I learned about Metalink monsters and I learned about Pendalums. I also know about xyz'. I haven't really seen them effectively used except for some deck breakdowns on YouTube and a match or two I watched on there, but it's hard to follow what's really happening for a vintage player at the speed that they were playing at the competition. I'd like to ask, what's my most worthwhile investments if I'm gonna drop some cash on some sealed product? Are any of the structure decks any good for me? I'd really like to have an effective Blue Eyes deck, and I also want a Toon deck, and spellcaster deck.. And maybe one "New-school" deck based off of meta's. If you guys can tell me decks and packs that would help, and maybe give me a list of singles I can use for these builds, that would truly be amazing. Keep in mind I'd prefer them to stand a chance in a modern match. Is there different rulesets that only allow old cards? Or other than the restricted lists for tourny play can all cards of all times of release be played in a deck? Thank you so much for your time. Considering I want a BEWD deck it probably can't hurt to grab a Kaiba structure and a couple extra blue eyes right off the bat. 

I'm not the guy to give you the complete rundown and help you fully on track, but I can give you a start.

-Don't ever buy sealed products, buy single cards. You'll save a lot of cash this way.

-What exactly is your goal with playing again? Do you want to have fun with friends at locals? Do you want to do as good as possible in tournaments? What cards/decks are ideal will depend on your aim. Obviously you shouldn't spend money on the best and most expensive deck if you're not planning to go to tournaments and try to do well, but if that's what you want it's certainly ideal to spend that money. Usually, you start off in the fucking around for fun at locals spectrum and slowly drift towards becoming more competitive and you catch up on all the details you need to learn about the game in the process, but everyone is different. Stay away from Blue-Eyes, Toon and Spellcaster if you want to do well.

-There are a lot of online resources both for learning the game and for testing decks. Don't buy cards before you tested them online and know you want to play them, online simulators such as duelingbook.com will let you build decks with every card in the game and play them against other people.

-For different rulesets that only allow old cards, there is nothing official from konami but it is quite common among players to play "goat format", which is 2005 rules, cards, etc. (the format got its name by the popularity of the card scapegoat). If you want to test this format, I recommend joining the duelistgroundz discord server and you can both find opponents and get help getting started. You can find a link to the discord server on the duelistgroundz forum startpage.

ygo pro    5
YGO fucking sucks now

Emon Ghaneian was the best ever and quit cuz this game became shit

M A T T I E    1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ygo pro said:
YGO fucking sucks now

Emon Ghaneian was the best ever and quit cuz this game became shit

May you elaborate for me? Rules are shit or cards make it shit? or combination within circumstance?

I think I wanna build some 2002 format and 2005 goat format stuff, this would be a lot of fun for me.

Edited by M A T T I E
more to say

M A T T I E    1

Don't really see where it turned to shit, I'm assuming you're talking from a top-tier competitive perspective because recreational-wise the game is just as fun as it was when I was a kid.. If anything the competitive field looks more interesting more so than less.

• Upvote 1