Sign in to follow this  
ygo pro

Yugioh, A Soon to Be High School Sport?

ygo pro    5

Now, it has always been a big debate about if this is really a sport or not. People who say it is a sport are saying that it is replacing all the muscle and brawn of other sports such as football among many other sports, with strategy and quick reaction. People who don't agree are replying to this saying that sports are suppose to be athletic and since you are sitting down and just playing a video game, there are no real athletics. So if football is aloud to be a major sport at high schools, why can't Yugioh? Some people thought, well there just aren't that many people who would be interested in that. I would gladly prove them wrong. I know there are at least 200 people at my old high school that play yugioh. Now that doesn't mean they are hardcore gamers enough to enter a SJC function, but they would most likely be interested in it. I don't know about everyone else, but I only went to football games for the social environment. Some percentage of the people there are not even watching the game, which means everyone is not interested in football. One last note, If schools are so pro-knowledge and are so for students with good problem solving skills, why have football as a sport? I'm not going to strike down football because I see that it is barbaric, I understand that other people think very positively of the game. I think that football is mainly about who is bigger, bulkier, who can run faster, and who is more agile. People say that I'm crazy for saying that, but I thought it was common sense that if you see someone coming at you, get out of the way. It all just seems very immature to fight other people to get a ball 100 yards in one direction. Yugioh on the other hand is all quick thinking, strategy, knowledge of the game, intelligence, and most of all, problem solving. So why shouldn't Yugioh be a sport at High Schools and colleges?

+Mascis    4554

big dick nick

Faint    5856

yugioh should not be considered a sport because i dont masturbate over female yugioh players

M A T T I E    1

Nah.. Lmao. It's a hobby as is any other trading card game / tabletop game. It's like saying counter strike is comparable to being in the military. It's boasted as an e-sport at most (cs), so maybe we can consider it a "table-sport"? That's being generous about the ideology. 

Carbon    1876
On 3/27/2018 at 4:18 AM, Faint said:

yugioh should not be considered a sport because i dont masturbate over female yugioh players

Is cutting hair a sport? I totally wanna fuck the chick who cuts my hair. 

Faint    5856
5 hours ago, Carbon said:

Is cutting hair a sport? I totally wanna fuck the chick who cuts my hair. 

Absolutely