Jump to content
Noelle

Sky Striker - Deck Discussion

Recommended Posts

Eques4    8
1 minute ago, Faith+1 said:

I mean, I already have a viable list for Gouki format. Just playing Gamma and Imp. Still works against trickstar as well. But as for the OTK, I don't see it being a worthwhile investment in the current metagame as you said.

Well, yeah Gamma's definitely very good in both match-ups, but a bit weird also. It's very good being second, which goes well with Hayate as well, we have many reasons to choose to play second. But in the Gouki match-up, it seems better to just be first, widow's incredibly good and very reliable response compared to the handtraps.

 

If you play second with 3 Gamma and 3 impermanence game 1, you have 57.71% chances to open at least 1 handtrap in 40 cards deck / 5 draws. That doesn't seem enough to me in 10 rounds tournament (We can maybe also count Called by the Grave as an out to their board, it often did work in testing, but not allways, not so sure how to value the card against Gouki).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faith+1    47
3 minutes ago, Eques4 said:

Well, yeah Gamma's definitely very good in both match-ups, but a bit weird also. It's very good being second, which goes well with Hayate as well, we have many reasons to choose to play second. But in the Gouki match-up, it seems better to just be first, widow's incredibly good and very reliable response compared to the handtraps.

 

If you play second with 3 Gamma and 3 impermanence game 1, you have 57.71% chances to open at least 1 handtrap in 40 cards deck / 5 draws. That doesn't seem enough to me in 10 rounds tournament (We can maybe also count Called by the Grave as an out to their board, it often did work in testing, but not allways, not so sure how to value the card against Gouki).

 

 

 

Called is only an out if they play 2 Goblin, and the better players are playing 2 Phoenix.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eques4    8
Just now, Faith+1 said:

Called is only an out if they play 2 Goblin, and the better players are playing 2 Phoenix.

Yeah, that's a good point !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faith+1    47

How many of you are moving to the Invoked Striker version of the deck and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Noxjja    12
7 hours ago, Faith+1 said:

How many of you are moving to the Invoked Striker version of the deck and why?

I didn't find the invoked engine to be that good. What we decided to do was play 3 terraforming with with 1 meltdown 1 aleister 1 invocation and 1 book of law and it just wasn't that great. Yes going first you get to open raidjin mechaba but aside from that theres nothing else it provides for you, maybe even a random Purgatrio otk but in all it was just inconsistent and pure striker can just do better with their own cards. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faith+1    47
On 8/22/2018 at 9:41 PM, Noxjja said:

I didn't find the invoked engine to be that good. What we decided to do was play 3 terraforming with with 1 meltdown 1 aleister 1 invocation and 1 book of law and it just wasn't that great. Yes going first you get to open raidjin mechaba but aside from that theres nothing else it provides for you, maybe even a random Purgatrio otk but in all it was just inconsistent and pure striker can just do better with their own cards. 

So I tried out 2 meltdown, 2 aleister, 2 invocation, and 1 book of law and that shit was ASS. against any competent player you're just never OTKing. So I'm back to pure brandish lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wanting to play Sky Striker at te Knoxville Regional. I asked Noelle about what the deck should look like going forward on Facebook but she has been dealing with losing her Grandmother and hasn't really been keeping up with the game. @Faith+1 @Eques4 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eques4    8

I topped 16 (14th on rounds) in european 200th YCS Ultrecht with this build :

 

https://imgur.com/a/2kjr6DY

 

The deck was ok, but I definitely got punished in the Mirror matches for not playing 3 Eagle boosters. Pretty much eveyrone in the top cut had 3 which made my Mirror matches very hard ...

 

 

That being said, this decklist is definitely not up to date.

I'm pretty sure Thunder Dragon will be a very played deck (at least on the short run) and I'm not so sure how to tech against it for now...

 

I guess it'll depend if the deck can easily OTK, or if it will mostly play lock and board control. I didn't really have the time to test against it for now tbh

 

 

 

 

Edited by Eques4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faith+1    47
On 10/21/2018 at 10:18 AM, TheGoldenTyranno said:

I'm wanting to play Sky Striker at te Knoxville Regional. I asked Noelle about what the deck should look like going forward on Facebook but she has been dealing with losing her Grandmother and hasn't really been keeping up with the game. @Faith+1 @Eques4 

I've taken a break from YGO because of FTKs and work. YGO just isn't the same anymore. I'll be back once these FTKs get banned.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×