Sign in to follow this  
Tygo

Galaxy s7 charging issues

»Tygo    14119

Unless my phone is completely off, it will not charge. Wireless or otherwise, airplane mode on or off, the battery is draining. The phone feels hotter than normal so it might be something running in the background. I can't figure it out. Uninstalled most recent apps that aren't really needed. Cleared cache for space. Wireless charges faster so something might be wrong with the port but even then, wireless still drains out after some time.

Any suggestions or glaring problems I missed/didn't check?

+rei+    34642

gut instinct is either battery physically dying or loose connection somewhere - i think this is probably hardware related but its weird that its two different types of charge both fucking up

»Tygo    14119

I'm too broke to get a new phone so I might opt for new battery and see but I don't want to buy it and have it not work, THEN have to get the new phone too. I'm just annoyed that I might have to replace every goddamn charger I own on top of everything else because galaxy iPhone'd their charging ports.

+rei+    34642

on the plus side galaxy s8 uses USB-C which is becoming a lot more common (but not $2 at a convenience store common) 

but yeah i feel that i had to spend all m ybday money fixing my phone