SCOOBY_ASH

New to Yugioh / where to start

SCOOBY_ASH    0
Posted (edited)

Hi guys new player here and first post, names Ashley and I'm from England. Recently got into Yugioh cards after a mate said he was buying some and building a deck. Only played one game so far so very much learning the ropes. I mostly play Warhammer 40k and have a few large armies as well as a Pokemon card collection. Anyway hoping to get deeper into Yugioh and get some more games under my belt whilst learning the mechanics. Never really saw the animation on TV but I am very drawn to the card artwork which is amazing and the game/deck building seems clever and strategic. 

Not one to do things by half measures I purchased a mixed 2000+ card joblot off ebay, some booster packs, a link deck, the Kaiba/Yugi reloaded starter decks plus a good chunk of the cards recommended to make a Blue Eyes deck.

Good to meet you all! Wondering if you have any tips and could point me in the right direction for where to post the deck list I'm working to. Not sure if this is a good one and looking for feedback, pointers on playing and alternate cards I could include.

Many thanks.

Edited by SCOOBY_ASH
spelling

BuildTheWalia    247

Welcome to the site!

You can post the deck you're trying to make and whatever cards you have or can acquire over at http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/11-tcg-deck-garage/.

If you're looking for a more competitive deck discussion I'd go over to http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/536-deck-discussion/, but be careful, the rules there are pretty strict.

Hope you have fun here!

1 hour ago, SCOOBY_ASH said:

Hi guys new player here and first post, names Ashley and I'm from England. Recently got into Yugioh cards after a mate said he was buying some and building a deck. Only played one game so far so very much learning the ropes. I mostly play Warhammer 40k and have a few large armies as well as a Pokemon card collection. Anyway hoping to get deeper into Yugioh and get some more games under my belt whilst learning the mechanics. Never really saw the animation on TV but I am very drawn to the card artwork which is amazing and the game/deck building seems clever and strategic. 

Not one to do things by half measures I purchased a mixed 2000+ card joblot off ebay, some booster packs, a link deck, the Kaiba/Yugi reloaded starter decks plus a good chunk of the cards recommended to make a Blue Eyes deck.

Good to meet you all! Wondering if you have any tips and could point me in the right direction for where to post the deck list I'm working to. Not sure if this is a good one and looking for feedback, pointers on playing and alternate cards I could include.

Many thanks.

What's your end goal for what you want to do with Yugioh? Do you think you'll mostly stay a casual player or are you likely to seriously pursue the competitive scene somewhere down the road?

SCOOBY_ASH    0

Hi Buildthewalia cheers dude yeah thanks think I'll head over to the deck garage and post what I'm building. I think it's a Gamemasters 2018 blue eyes competitive deck (lists currently at work) but I have no idea if that's good or not. I've basically bought a load of cards that people say are the best to combo with blue eyes but then narrowed it down to that deck as it said was a good one for 2018. Anyway thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I will!

Hi Golden T, I think I'd like to play competitivey within the year, even if it's just a local tournament for fun. Never played warhammer competitively but a card game appeals to me more in that sense for the quicker turnaround in game time/setup and a lot less to transport. For the moment I'm going to play against my mate and myself even (kaiba vs yugi starter when my other card sleeves come) to learn the ropes. Need to get to grips with the rulebook and various summons etc. I will keep gathering cards for this blue eyes deck and hopefully end up with something half decent!

SCOOBY_ASH    0

Oh one other question I had, bit of a weird one, but does your opponent have to touch your own cards at all in the game? May be a silly question but I don't like the thought of someone roughly handling my cards that cost £20-30 a pop!

9 minutes ago, SCOOBY_ASH said:

Oh one other question I had, bit of a weird one, but does your opponent have to touch your own cards at all in the game? May be a silly question but I don't like the thought of someone roughly handling my cards that cost £20-30 a pop!

You'll want to invest in card sleeves (such as UltraPro or something). People are generally careful because they know the value of their own cards. Whereabouts in the UK are you? If you're in London (especially east london) there are a couple of decent locals around.

Can't help with much else since I haven't played this game in ages, I'm afraid. I'd suggest watching some duels to see what kind of things people are playing and more importantly, why.

• Upvote 1